Greetings from a long time lurker | FerrariChat

Greetings from a long time lurker

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rono, May 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rono

rono Rookie

Dec 9, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Full Name:
    Ron Olexa
    Well the time has finally come for me to to say "Hello", as it seems I'm finally ready to make a decision and buy a Ferrari. I've been watching this group and learning about various models for more years than I can remember. I came close to buying a 512BB many years ago, but decided to wait. Now, with current 512 prices, I realize that dream is now out of reach. But as time has progressed, I've gotten more and more enamored with the F430 Berlinetta, and it seems the number of available cars is good and the prices are within my range.

I'd love to start a conversation with a few current or former owners so I can learn a bit more about these cars and their quirks. Even better if that someone is in the Atlanta/North GA area (I'm in Gainesville).

As far as other automotive toys, the stable currently includes: 2016 AMG GT-S, 1992 Caterham BDR, 1966 Austin Mini converted to AWD with a Honda B18C engine, a 1975 BMW 2002 GTL car, and an HSR registered Lola T70 Spyder recreation.

I look forward to getting an education here and getting help in making sure my current selection is appropriate!

Thanks in advance... ron

2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Welcome from the 355 hood. Happy shopping.

PS. In the day, I had a Lotus 7 and loved it.

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome, I am in Cumming and have a 360. Let me know if I can help.

4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Welcome! I'm on the hunt for a 348/355. I'm in Marietta, GA.

sjd