GTC4 compared to FF | FerrariChat

GTC4 compared to FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Sep 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Hi guys

I am sure some of you traded their FF w GTC4.... is it worth it ? Big difference noticed ?

I love my FF , I bought it in 2015 , I am not sure if I should trade it in w a GTC4

Your advice please

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I drove a 2013 for close to 40,000kms and my lusso is on the way. My two test drives in a lusso left me thinking a few thoughts. First was the cabin was quieter with less road noise and more engine sound when pushed. Second was the navigation and daily usability of the new tech was very welcomed especially coming from a 2013, your 2015 in my humble opinion would be something I would stick with because I also drove one of those and it's just a perfected machine plus a slightly better navigation so would be a tougher move for me. I have been without my FF for 6+ months and I do miss the experience and best car on the planet kind of feeling I got owning it.

See if you can test drive a lusso, here in Toronto it's a massive hit so trending well market wise and still quite a wait. My point is that ferrari made it better but in different ways and some find the FF a better fit for them. Not to mention the upgrade costs which are steep. I got lucky with the sale of my FF so I took the money and ran.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    At say double the price entirely unjustified, but so is most the buying on here. GTC lovely but let's call it a 20% upgrade, across all dimensions.

You could almost buy a used 458 Spider with the top up required......

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup agreed, with mine on the way I am still in awe at the sheer cost of them. You have to combine my wife's cayenne turbo and my CaliTHS MSRPs and you get my lusso cost. Nuts.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Except neither the Cali t nor the cayenne will do what the Lusso does. There is really nothing like it. It's expensive, but so is caviar, champagne, diamonds and the best hotels. You can persuade yourself that other things are just as good but they aren't. Not really.

If you must drive what you want to drive, and if what you want to drive is the world's best V12, with a beautiful, four seat, 4x4 package, then the Lusso is for you.

F2003-GA and mhh like this.
  6. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Can't argue with that .......... what he said. 👍

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very very well said @Lukeylikey !

8. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    +1

9. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

Thanks for your reply appreciated

10. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

I already have a 488... and it's amazing... I need a 2+2 that's why I got my FF ... but as u said I do not think it's worth it to do the replacement w a GTC4

11. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

Agreed

12. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #12 Brian L, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Objectively better:
    1. Tighter turning radius/better U-turns, more high speed cornering grip, etc. (rear wheel steer)
    2. +6% HP
    3. Infotainment touch screen and second screen
    4. Exhaust quieter at start up and sounds more aftermarket at high revs (deeper/louder, FF high revs is choked and weak)
    5. Smoother low gears at low speeds

Subjectively better maybe
    1. More quiet inside
    2. More comfortable ride

Possible problems from these:
    1. Rear wheel makes it less predictable if you don't like rear wheel in any car (I don't)
    2. More quiet than FF with an aftermarket exhaust, from the extra damping, so you need to open the window or add an exhaust anyway.
    3. Buttons in the Lusso harder to operate than the "analog" simplicity of the FF, less intuitive.
    4. Car never gets really stiff, even in sport.

Ways to make the FF approach some of these:
    1. Aftermarket exhaust and X
    2. Lower stock springs 14mm, add 12 mm front and 15mm rear spacers = upgrades the suspension overall. Still stiff in Sport and a big gap from Sport to Sport/Bumpy Road.

Claimed upgrade I dispute:
    1. AC/Heat has more airflow in the cabin. We did not have that experience going back to back for a couple hours on a very hot day. Same flow. Same fan speed stages.

Upgrade they missed.
    1. AC/heat needs a fan setting BETWEEN 1 and 2. 1 is a touch weak and 2 is a touch loud in both cars. Remedy: use 1 at a lower or higher setting.

13. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

+1

14. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

Appreciated Mr Brian ....thanks for the detailed analysis and feedback which is coming from a highly qualified and experienced person which I highly respect ... many thanks

15. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Vastly over priced and under specced compared to say a new 4WD M5, but that is not the point is it !

16. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Brian - you are so right I drive my GTC with windows open as exhaust and sound is a slight disappointment.

17. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Not worth a $225k upgrade fee from an FF. I'd rather have a 458 parked next to an FF.

Btw, is anyone buying the 8 cylinder 2 wheel drive model? I don't see much talk about that. Curious to see what the sales are.

18. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Same here, I testdrove the Lusso and own a FF and I did not see the value of the 200K upgrade. I decided to add the 812 instead to the stable :)

once my FF has 60K KM or more I will move to the Lusso but not before.

19. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

Might do the same and an 812 to my 488

20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes you are absolutely right. The thing is, despite the double glazed windows, and all the luxury accoutrements, the GTC4 seems every bit a modern Ferrari- which is a far more unique and special thing. The others, as good as they are, and as reasonably priced as they can be, they are just not a Ferrari. And it seems they have made the GTC4 so capable.... very tempted!

21. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I predict it will be the new "must buy this first" car.. hehe.

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Love the Lusso but gonna sit back and see where the used values drop to before pulling the trigger on one

23. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Great discussion fellas. I own a 2014 FF (white/black). Personally, I don't like the "calmness" of the GTC4 body. In my view, it's a bit boring. The FF's lines are way more dramatic and aggressive. I do like the interior of the CTC4 (and the screen of course).

24. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Enjoying the discussion. Like a few others, I actually prefer the exterior styling and sound of our FF. However, the GTC4 is a significant step forward in handling and interior design.

I've decided to stick with the FF while adding a 488 and 812S. I figure the 812S gives me access to the amazing RWS, but I'll miss the GTC4 Lusso's fantastic central dash screen. I'm redirecting the money that I would have spent on a Lusso upgrade towards Tailor Made on the 812S.

25. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    Of course it's vastly overpriced...it's a Ferrari.

I can't comment on the new M5 but I sold a '14 when I bought my FF. No comparison!

Steering, as one example, is so smooth and natural on the FF. It's either too soft or too harsh on the M5, depending on the setting. And in any setting, it's very numb.

Sound...a turbo just doesn't sound as good as a naturally aspirated motor. And what sounds anywhere near as good as a Ferrari V12.

And, I could go on and on.