GTC4Lusso Official Picture Thread. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso Official Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by rmitchell248, Feb 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    #76 MoeD, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D

Stunning Spyder concept!!

If they built that spider and the coupe, they'd sell every one they could build. Now there's a 4 place market that they could move right in on

These choices are so simple, you'd think they'd pick up on the obvious... They should add these two variants to the shooting brake line. Heck, they used to build 3 versions of V8 cars- GTB, GTS & Spyder- So why not??

Wishful thinking, I know... C'mon Ferrari SpA- Read this!

3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I guess what might limit any model variants is the number of V12s that can be manufactured ;-)

4. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Or that the coupe version is probably a better car than F12!

But always protect their halo car by giving the 2+2 less power, which is dumb because it requires producing 2 different engine configurations, when in fact the 2+2 will never match the halo car's performance because its a bigger car. 2+2's cost more generally and should get more power in my book.

Honestly, they shouldn't care as long as they sell cars- They say they want to up production and they do it by over building FF's and Californias. Here's a way to sell FF/Lusso platform cars that people would want.

Just my 2 cents-

5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well then we could also try to understand if it is a luxury brand (not to many products produced) or just a car manufacture (sell whatever you can and do not control the exclusivity). It's down to what they prefer to do considering the IPO said "Luxury manufacture" which is something completely different to car manufacture?

6. monsoreto

monsoreto Rookie

Mar 10, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Pasquale Franzé
    This is how the Cali should have looked.

7. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    They do look rather 'plonked' on. But then again, any Ferrari looks kind of naked without them to my eye.

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    The rear lights seems to come straight outta the early 90's

9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I really like the FF... and I love the concept of the FF even more. A ferrari for real ferrari people. Not midengined flippers who only buy cars in red and at the moment white for good resale.

FFs are for owners.

The only thing Im not really liking are the vents on the fenders. It makes the whole car seem too busy!

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That looks like a watered down f12.

11. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The can't sell too many cars, environmental regs will kick in and the elite nature of the brand will be diminished.

12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I'll reiterate that I can't seem to get enough of this car. The perfect stablemate for a v8...

I can fit lots of cameras and lighting in the rear... :D

Robb

13. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D

Yes, but with 4 wheel drive & an occasional use back seat- I'd grab one if they were out there...

14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    IMHO "watered down" is not better hence the term.

15. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    These pictures "in real life" confirm that most of us were overreacting to the new design: in the end it still looks like an FF with a few cosmetic tweaks. I mean if you didn't like the FF, this is not ground-breaking. Now I definitely consider the FF as the purest design of both.

Oh, and those wheels... looks like they will be the standard ones. Not a great design IMO.

16. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    They've taken a lot of the bulk out of the design compared to the FF.

17. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    The rear of the roof line is much more pleasant from the 3/4 angle over the ff. The front is significantly cleaner. But yes those standard wheels really let it down.

18. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well, looks worse in person than the render IMO. Maybe another color will be better. Lighting and build definitely matters to the FF.

For sure agree those wheels are horrible. Really like the new split spoke 5s. Would be great on the FF as well.

The rear roofline at the top is very busy from the upper spoiler defeating any angle lessened ... the back end overall is busy with a number of unnecessary features ... the location of the spoiler forces the 3rd brake light into the metal below the window which looks like any station wagon. The front end appears less sleek and more square with the larger grille and new inside angle to the lights, and thus larger. They wanted it to look imposing, they got it, but why? The side of the car looks flatter as the rear quarter haunch lost the depth in this color and lighting at least, the fins mirrored at the handles is not attractive. The flowing handles much cooler. The shields looks out of place and pasted on with the large fin area to deal with. The shield shape and the rectangular fin area clash. The squareness overall (fins, rear view, side view, door handles) is more trendy and looks dated already. I don't see progress here.

19. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    also looks like it's on winter tires

20. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    I'm starting to agree that I was initially overwhelmed when I saw the new car, but I saw FF yesterday in Milan, Grigio alloy, looked very nice and up to date.

The new car is sharper, but the FF is stil great

21. Vitor Faria

Vitor Faria Karting

Dec 9, 2013
    Portugal
  22. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    With the heavy shadows, the rear silhouette reminds of the 456gt "wagon" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_456#/media/File%3AFerrari_456_GT_Venice.jpg

Yet there is something about this car that captures the spirit of the 400 as well which is highly intriguing. Specced to individual taste, I think this could be a long term love affair which could be a timeless addition to a garage. They really hit the nail on the head of a niche category of the automotive expression that no other marque comes close to.