Hello from Folsom, CA | FerrariChat

Hello from Folsom, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sacedog, Aug 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sacedog

Sacedog Rookie

Sep 4, 2016
    Folsom, CA
    Hello all,

I've been lurking for a about a year now, and have read and learned a lot. My interest in owning a Ferrari started about 3 years ago, when my wife surprised me for my birthday by renting one. We had gone down to Half Moon Bay, CA for the weekend, and she had arranged for a red F430 spyder to be delivered to the resort. The weather was perfect that weekend, and i drove it a few hundred miles with the top down around the coast, and up Highway 35 through La Honda. By far, it was one of the most memorable weekends I've had.

After that trip, we started discussing purchasing a fun "weekend car", that we could use for short trips. We've rented quite a few others, and nothing has been quite as emotional to drive in as the Ferrari. So hopefully I'll be joining the ranks this winter!

Now that I am no longer lurking, what's the best section to ask purchasing questions? I've searched and found a good bit of information on PPIs, but have some other questions I was hoping to get feedback on.

2. dRoger45

dRoger45 Rookie

Aug 17, 2017
    Howdy! How's your research so far?

3. Sacedog

Sacedog Rookie

Sep 4, 2016
    Folsom, CA
    The research is going well, but I am trying to find additional information about how negotiable prices are that you see, and dealer vs. private sellers.

My wife really wants all of our cars in the garage, and likes the idea of a four post lift, so I am looking into that as well.

I am hoping to get serious about purchasing in a month or so...September is very busy personally for us.