Hi from FL | FerrariChat

Hi from FL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thorn, Jan 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    So... I suppose this is my introduction.

When I was 6-7 yrs old, my uncle Terry took me to the movies - we saw "The Gumball Rally". I don't recall much about the movie, except a couple of details - the guys in the Mustang won the race, and I expressed great disappointed that the Ferrari driver did not; I was enamored with that car.

I still remember a quote, remarking on removal of the rear-view mirror: "Whatever is behind me, is of no concern."

Around age 10, I'd be sitting on the floor of his living room, reading Car & Driver, and Road & Track (he was a car enthusiast, and owned a Plum-colored 911)... the 308 became my dream, and at 46 years old - it still is.

About a year ago, finances were coming into place - and I knew I'd start shopping around now.

And then the market spiked. Suddenly, almost overnight, my dream of a 83-85 308 QV went from "I can almost write the check" to "my God, now I'll never have one".

In any case... I suppose this is my Hello, I'm Me post. And though I may never own one, I do still love looking at images of your cars, reading about your maintenance routines, and dreaming that one day I'll finally own one.

Best to all.

2. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Welcome and don't give up!i bet you will own one if that's what you choose..

3. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Hello, and welcome to F-Chat! Ownership is not important - enthusiasm is. :)

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat, you are a car guy .... we are car guys :)
    When I bought my first one in 97' I was looking at 308s ..... cheap at the time.
    I spent a bit more and got a 328, what I sold it for 3 years later is half of what they sell for now. Maybe a look at the 348,355, or even a 456 is in order :)
    I currently have a 97' 355 spider and love it.
    Just keep the enthusiasm and your eyes open, good luck.

5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S

Welcome!!!

I highly recommend getting one. I, similar to you loved these cars since I was a kid. I have owned one for a year and I can't get enough of driving or looking at her.

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    ...17 Months Later...

Arrived home last night in a lovely 1985 QV Euro.

(A hat tip and thanks to previous owners/Fchat members who kept it so nicely maintained and updated.)