Hidden Valentine Radar/Laser system with a Radar Mirror – How effect is it? | FerrariChat

Hidden Valentine Radar/Laser system with a Radar Mirror – How effect is it?

Discussion in '612/599' started by randkin, Sep 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I just found out my 08 612 OTO car has a hidden Valentine system and the visual display is located in a Radar Mirror (rear view). I could not find the switch to turn the system on until recently. While I have had a Valentine radar unit which worked well before, I have never heard much about this type of internal system. I assume it was installed sometime after June of 2009 as that is when the car was first sold. The mirror unit is not a Valentine unit but designed by another company (Radar Mirror) to replace the OEM rear view mirror to view the arrow display for the Valentine system.

My question is does anyone have this system, know anything about this system and how much can you depend on it? The laser unit, I am told is designed to send an error message to the laser transmitting unit and is mounted in the front grill.