Hood ( front) latch not catching | FerrariChat

Hood ( front) latch not catching

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by flash32, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hello fellow chatters

My 512tr front bonnet refuses to latch - tried hold/playing with handle inside cabin, adjusted latches ..still can not get it to latch. I am afraid to put too much pressure on hood since it can dent quickly

Any suggestions

Thanks

Dominick

2. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Have you tried to make it 'catch' manually with the hood open. You should be able to make it latch by pressing on it with a screw driver. I would also clean the heck out of it as there might be something preventing it from catching (dried old grease that is now more like glue).

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Christian

yes - i tried the screw driver and it did latch - I only get the first click when using the actual hood but it bounces right back - I adjusted it up and down with no luck - It should be so simple - what symptoms do you get when the cable needs to be replaced between the two latches - anyone know ?

4. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    With the hood up, try manually pulling back on the lever that attaches to the cable. Pull the lever forward so the latch is completely ready to receive the hood.

5. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is your weatherstripping preventing good contact?

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I used to do that and it did the trick but now that doesn't even work - next step?