How long did it take you to find your F12? | FerrariChat

How long did it take you to find your F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by deshapiro, Jul 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Just starting my search in earnest. At first I wanted a 599. I'm not a collector, I'm a driver, and the driving experience is much better with the new technology (at least in my limited test drive experience). Then I thought about a 458. Tough to get in and out with a 3-level neck fusion.

So F12 it is. Finding my perfect car at a price that I'd pay has proven to be somewhat daunting. Looking on-line is easy, but it may not give a true representation of how the car looks.

Some colors, at least to my taste, seem to work better than others. Darker shades, gray, darker reds and my holy grail, TDF blue really get me going. I'm really tired of black leather, since I've had a stream of German cars with black, black and black. I love cuoio but not sure id I'd like crema.

Lord, help me find a TDF blue with tan leather!! Very hard to find. While I'm aware that everybody's taste differs, somebody out there must have agreed with me when they ordered their car. I'm in no hurry and I'm ready to wait a long time until the right car shows up.

Given all that, I just looked at a grey 2015 with black racing seats and white deviated stitching in my home town. It was wow!! I'm taking a test drive next week.

Thanks,
    David

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Just remember that if you get tempted to be too fussy there's probably only about a thousand - just maybe 1500 - F12 in the USA in total so you could be looking a long time for the perfect spec ( if it even exists)

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Check with Foreign Cars Italia in North Carolina. They have a 2015 blue of some description but don't mention the interior color.

Ferrari of Houston has Blu Pozzi with Sabbia which at least means everyone didn't order a black interior on their blue F12 so there is yet hope...
    Good luck in your search!

4. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC

I started looking early last year when I was selling my 458 spider. Couldn't find the right one at the right price. Thought I'd be happy with 488, but sold it, then got 488 spider, got an offer I couldn't refuse and now finally found the right car for the right price. Take your time and find the right one.

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    David it took me nearly 10 months to find the F12 that I can say is the one. Because I live in Portugal my search was mainly done through the Autoscout24 and during that long period of time that seemed an eternity, I think I scanned almost every F12 that was available in Europe. From the beginning I kept repeating to myself that I would only buy an F12 that fulfilled completely my wishes in terms of millage, exterior and interior colors, extras, etc.
    During the search I made at least three short lists with a dozen cars each and was very tempted by some of them but, when I had to take the step of buying an elected one, there was always something about it that stopped me. Because I had another Ferrari which I could enjoy regularly, after several months this process of search became a kind of hobby and I started convincing myself that the car I wanted simply wasn't for sale. At a certain point I even considered the possibility of ordering a new F12 featured according to my desire but after being told about the delivery time, I quickly abandoned the idea.

Last January when I was in a business trip in Asia one night I looked at the Autoscout 24 and saw a new F12 input and coincidently the seller was an important German Ferrari dealer were I had already purchased a car the year before. I looked at this F12 and immediately saw that in terms of exterior /interior color and features fulfilled all my wishes so contacted the seller straight away by e-mail and asked for more information mentioning my eventual interest. I got an immediate reply telling me that the car was put for sale that same day and that they've already taken it out of all adverts until I saw it in person. I replied I was in Asia and could only travel to Germany in two or three weeks time to what they replied it was ok and the car would not be put for sale again until I go there. Two weeks later there I was and I started by finding out the history of this F12 that only had one owner which was Ferrari SPA in Maranello. For more than 1 hour I contemplated the car from every angle trying to find a defect or something less appealing but because it appeared perfect to my eyes I fall in love. The price discussion didn't take very long and because the car was from 2015 I started by saying to the seller that unless they included in the deal a two years extended warranty I wouldn't buy in any circumstances . I didn't advance any figure for final discount on the listed price and just said to the company manager that he had only one chance to make the deal so better do his very best He made a final discount of 8% on the listed price and included the two years extended warranty so I lifted my hand, shared his and we agreed the delivery of the car in one month and half time.

Since March of this year I've been enjoying my F12 as much as I can and I'm delighted with the car in every aspect. If I can draw any lesson from my story I would say that one should start by searching everywhere in order to have as many options to choose from as possible. If the car we want is part of these options we shouldn't hesitate but if it isn't not we should look ahead and continuo searching. IMO if one makes the mistake of buying a car that doesn't fulfill almost completely what is wanted, we will regret it latter and our sub-conscient will never stop reminding the mistake made.

6. dpchamp87

dpchamp87 Rookie

Jul 3, 2014
    Took me a few months to find my 2015 TDF Blue with Cuoio F12. They are very rare and I ended up buying one with more miles than I would have wanted ideally (8k) but the car was spec'd really well and the price was fair.
    Of course 6 months after I bought it an identical car with 2k came up but I have had the 6 months driving the best car I have ever owned to console me!

7. deshapiro

deshapiro Karting

Sep 25, 2015
    Yup, that's it. That's the one I'm looking for. Only, in the US.

David

8. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    New 2017 TDF blue with cuiuo interior at Miller Ferrari in Connecticut.

9. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    TDF Blue with cuiuo would be my favourite choice!