How to charge Huracan battery | FerrariChat

How to charge Huracan battery

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by abstamaria, Jul 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Is it possible to charge the Huracan's battery by plugging the charger into the cigarette lighter socket in the passenger compartment? Is the socket always "live," as in Porsches, or does the ignition have to be on? Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Andres

2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #2 abstamaria, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To answer my own question, no, the cigarette lighter in the center consul isn't live unless ignition is on. The power outlet in the glove compartment is also dead, and I understand this has to be wired, or connected manually, by the dealer. Why Lamborghini doesn't connect this outlet when the car leaves the factory is beyond me.

The easy way to charge is to use alligator clamps, one attached to the positive terminal and the other to the "charging post" by the negative terminal..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    You have to open the little compartment in the back of the trunk and look in there for the terminals. The trunk light comes on and it will go out later. I normally shield my eyes from it so I can see to do the hook up. There is also an order if you are using the Lambo charger. One way is a battery test and the other a charging. You hook up and then plug in or visa versa. The charger tells you if you got it right.

4. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Hello, Robert. Many, many thanks. I did not know that the order of plugging in the Lamborghini charger, although I began to suspect that (I should read instructions) and was wondering why the battery tests kept repeating. Now I know. Thank you.

I used a CTEK charger when I could not get the Lamborghini charger to work, attaching alligator clamps to the positive terminal and the "charging post" in the same compartment. I would like to attach leads directly to the terminals, but the negative termnal is almost impossible to access. I think one has to remove the boot liner - a big job it seems.

Thank you for the tip regarding the light; I found that out looking for the switch to tape shut. It just went out by itself, as you said.

Best,

Andres

5. OwenC

OwenC Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    Hi! I was rsearching about how to put the Huracan on an external charger and funny I was led by Google to the F-chat forums.

Just curious, can the 12V in the frunk be used to charge the battery? Or do you really need to open up the small compartment ?

6. Unfortunately you can't use that.

OwenC likes this.
  7. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    The order is counter intelligent but critical. First plus charger into wall socket, THEN connect charger to car.

The worst thing about this, besides being different from every other car, is that when cleaners or maintenance or just anyone unplugs your car from the wall and replugs it in, they’ve reversed the cycle and will drain your battery.