Immobilizer defeat? | FerrariChat

Immobilizer defeat?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Williamjweiner, Sep 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Williamjweiner

Jun 6, 2017
    Los gatos
    IMO the factory immobilizer in my 575m is a pain and can result with inop that could spiral into a flat bed
    Ride to the doctor. Is there a procedure to defeat the system and will the auto door locks be lost in the process?

2. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The immobilizer on my F430 took a dump. I just had to ship mine 5 hours away to the Ferrari dealer because of it. I wish there was a way to disable them. I don't want it. That's what insurance is for.

3. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Removing the immobilizer has been discussed on this forum and can be done. Try EVOMSiT and Vivid Racing. Hopefully others will chime in.

4. Williamjweiner

Jun 6, 2017
    Los gatos
    Will look for them

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have been fighting immobilizer issues and have not found a software way to bypass it. There are a couple of companies that help with immobilizer problems. Immofixer.com and ECU doctors may be able to point you in the right direction.

The immobilizer is THE worst feature in my car. If I could make it vanish, I would.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    ECU Dr. has the bypass for 355. I'd give them a call.

7. radman

radman Rookie

Sep 7, 2016
    uk
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have found away round this on my 360 and you dont have to buy anything.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    And you're not telling us what it is because...?

9. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    ... I am a troll.

10. radman

radman Rookie

Sep 7, 2016
    uk
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Like many others I purchased my 360 with only one remote and no pin. Like Ingeneres post I think the immobilizer is THE worst feature in my car so here is a way to get around it. My battery in the alarm sounder was shot so I removed the unit you will see there are other postings on how to do that. Next push and hold your remote button for 4 seconds this puts the alarm in panic mode and having no sounder nothing happens.
    Well you will now find the immobilizer is defeated and you will be able to start the car without the remote, works every time and stays in that mode even if you ditch the battery to lay your car up over the winter.
    Mine is a UK car and I have tried this on another UK 360 with same results. With a US spec car there is another problem to get over, when in panic mode the indicator lights flash to get over this I believe would be a disconnection of a cable wich I would be happy to look at if anyone was interested. The fob still opens doors ok and if you want to put back in immobilizer mode just hold the remote down for the 4 seconds again and the car is immobilezed. If you wish you can supplement the alarm with a third party device, I fiited a tracker with the facility that I could turn off the fuel pump remotely from my iphone.
    I would be interested in any feedback

11. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    It can be done, but it is rather complex.

Most newer cars have the immobilizer function tied to the entire CDL (and alarm) system. So in order to bypass it, you will also lose some CDL functionality --- which most folks don't want to do.

12. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    "With a US spec car there is another problem to get over, when in panic mode the indicator lights flash to get over this I believe would be a disconnection of a cable wich I would be happy to look at if anyone was interested."

I'm interested to know how to stop the indicator lights flashing on a U.S. spec. car if you are able to determine that!

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Very interesting! The next time it acts up, I will have to try this.

14. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Should we change the thread title to "How to steal a Ferrari"? :p

(Unsubscribed section.)

15. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Me too. I'd like to know.

16. Michael Foreman

Jul 11, 2017
    Northeast PA
    Full Name:
    Michael Foreman
    I've seen the ECU doctor bypass installed with success on a few cars

17. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I tried this on my car and no luck. :(

18. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wish that worked on my F430. I just paid $3,000 to have my immobilizer fixed.

19. radman

radman Rookie

Sep 7, 2016
    uk
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Shame it did not work. As I said it works on UK spec car when you put it into panic mode and I tried it on another 360. I guess you tried it with the sounder still connected which does not make any difference only upsets the neighbours while you test it.
    I have spent many hours looking and drawing out a wiring schematic of the alarm connections to see how the indicators could be disconnected from the alarm for US spec but not quite there yet, although if it does not work on US spec then I'm probably wasting my time.

20. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The ECU Dr worked on my 355.