Info please,modelmaker Javan Smith | FerrariChat

Info please,modelmaker Javan Smith

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by richardson michael, Jul 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Saw two of Javan's models under the hammer at Goodwood FOS. The 156 Sharknose made £3500,and the 250 GTO £2750 (both inc Com). 1/8 scale,so they are quite large. How does Mr Smith rate in the worldwide appreciation of highly skilled work?

2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    He does a good job with overall body form shapes, but the quality of these pieces is only OK. They are nice models, but not great models. I've bought an sold a number of these on behalf of collectors. I did not keep any for my own collection. The large size is impressive as is the shiny paint, but once you get past that there is not much there. All are curbside, with vacuum formed bodies, and minimal detail. Models vary in accuracy - some better than others. Those prices are little high.

3. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Thank you Lusso. Very interesting. So what would you suggest as a centre piece on your desk (Fcar),and how much are we looking at. .....by the way,the desk in question here is a tailplane from a BAE Hawk !

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You're very welcome Michael. That is some terrific desk you have there! I would very strongly suggest any of the 1:8 scale Ferrari's by Patrice de Conto available from Mini Delta. These models are fantastic, truly limited and collectible. They are without a doubt some of the finest models made. Choices of various race variants of 315S, 335S, 250 TR, and 860 Monza. Any one of those would be a great acquisition. I would estimate a cost range of around $9K or more, but well worth it. I have no affiliation with Mini Delta or Patrice. I just know what they offer, and have seen these models in person. Here's their web site. MiniDelta - Modèles réduits automobiles pour collectionneurs - Scale models car for collectors - Home

Marshall

5. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Thank you Marshall,for your input. Much appreciated. It is amazing how one can source this kind of info on Fchat. We have had a difficult 24 months owning and selling Ferraris,but the interest within our family remains,and will continue. Thanks again. Michael.

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You're very welcome Michael, and best of luck to you with your Ferrari's.

Marshall