Introduction - 1987 Testarossa | FerrariChat

Introduction - 1987 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by truedriverscar, Sep 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. truedriverscar

Aug 21, 2017
    Hello FChatters,

Since this is my first post, I thought I should give a quick introduction of myself. I have read through many threads on FChat - well before having any exotic cars. My brother and I have a few fun cars (and motorcycles), including a 1987 Testarossa that we picked up last year. This is our first Ferrari. The Testarossa's driving characteristics and capability totally surprised us. It is truly a fun car to drive. There is a connection with the car and the road that just cannot be reproduced today (or at least we haven't found yet).

One aspect of ownership that we enjoy is taking care of these cars. We enjoy getting to know as much as we can about the car and how it works. Especially with Ferrari, you can really see the passion that Ferrari puts into building their cars.

We recently completed some maintenance on the Testarossa (thankfully ordered the oil change kit before the oil filter saga began). We keep quite detailed notes for most things we do, including working on our cars. After reading FChat and other forums so much, we figured we would contribute to the experiences shared here. Hopefully, our experiences will help others to be able to enjoy their Testarossa as much as we do. We plan to post these on the forum soon.

Here's a shot of our Testarossa during a weekend drive in the woods :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MaseratiMike

MaseratiMike Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A lovely car you have and always nice to see contributors on the site!

I know exactly what you mean about older cars, my 1985 Ferrari Mondial QV you can feel 'its special' to drive and how it hugs the road...

I too love tinkering and being able to do things myself within reason, without having to plug a computer into a car...

3. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That's a beautiful car.

Enjoy it and thanks for the great first post.

4. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    '87s forever!

5. truedriverscar

Aug 21, 2017
    Thanks for the welcome!

We really like the '87 in particular. We test drove an '86 flying mirror and although the quirk of the single mirror is cool, we decided to go for the convenience of having two mirrors. The thing we did not want to give up on was having the single wheel nut. Although the single wheel nut can be a pain to work with, it looks ridiculously cool!

6. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The 87-88.5 have it all. Two mirrors for practicality and knock offs for quirkiness. Congrats and enjoy

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    gradulation to your car and enjoy always in good health
    if there are problems I think in this forum here until now there is no problem unsolved :)

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Very nice Testarossa!
    ...too bad all the chicks go for the guys with the 91's ;)

A big "Freeze. . . Miami Vice! " out to you!

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

9. dradambbb

dradambbb Karting

Apr 24, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Nice post. I also have a 1987 car with the same features and agree with everything you wrote. Driving and tinkering with them is one of the joys of my life.