Is Lambo on the way out..? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Is Lambo on the way out..?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, May 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Mis-informed? What about that subscription to Road & Track and the cable modem internet access? On a side note everytime I look at the URL for your business my brain says CAT SEX.

2. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes, you know a funny thing is a lot of e-mails I send out go to spam due to the filter catching the word SEX and throwing it to the side..

3. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Come on guys. his name is Ferrari FXX...that obviously means he owns one!

Over the top fanboys add nothing to a legitimate discussion of brand names......

Personally, if it wasnt for 8 or more years worth of used cars sitting on a lot at half the price of new, I dont think lambo would be in this trouble. People arent going to jump back on the new car bandwagon from Lambo again (WITH THE EXCEPTION TO ROY BECAUSE HE LIKES TO HAVE THEM AND PLAY WITH THEM FIRST!!!) until there is are models out that you cant buy used! Thats just my humble opinion though....

4. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    Roy, I agree with you. I don't spend enough time here to know all the players... "can't tell the players without a program!"

;^D

Cheers,

Fred

5. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Ferrari is gonna have a similar problem, although not as bad, with the amount of 458's they're making. People aren't going to want to buy new when they lose $100k in 2 yrs. The days of Ferrari holding value is over.

6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    LOL yes I do like my new toys...but one thing to note..as of the last 6-8 weeks prices for used Lambos have been on the UPSWING...no two ways about it...just look at my web and stock..where I used to hold G cars for 3-6 weeks..the last 5 I have had in have been gone with in DAYS!!

The 2006 SE car, just took a deposit on it with another buyer right behind it..my 2008 Green had THREE buyers outbidding each other for the car...

The days of "rock bootm" and the sky is falling IS OVER for the GOOD used car market..IMO

7. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Yeah I noticed that. I sent someone to your site for a G that I saw and he calls me back and says you sold it. I said...that was quick!

8. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    From your mouth to God's ear !! Let's hope so.

Question: The Gallardo was facelifted in model year 2009 (as the LP560/4). Lot's of REAL improvements: (styling tweaks, bigger engine, suspension tweaks, etc.); It was claimed to be 'basically' a 'new' car. I've had both and can attest to that fact. Performance is vastly improved. So...... why is everyone calling for a replacement of this "re-fresh", when in essence, it is only ONE model year old ?? !!! Are people that jaded? (Perhaps it was all the dopey 'special editions' that were foisted upon the consumers over the past 6 years ?) ;)

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Roy IMO the Bottom is far, far, away.

I think this is true for Used Ferrari's as well.

From the 430 Section:

"Just purchased an F430 Spider F1 (2005) w/3450 miles. Paid $140k."

That said, driving a car you Love is a lot more fun than waiting for the Bottom.

Cheers

10. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    IMO it's just a refresh. Honda refreshed the NSX like 4 times, still looked the same and I see the Gallardo in the same light. Lambo needs to do a new car from the floor up that looks completely different, keep the Gallardo too but reduce production numbers for the Gallardo. IOW add a 3rd car platform to the line up. The Murcielago replaced the Diablo. If Lambo continued to 'update' the Diablo I think they would already be out of business.
    A company can add all kinds of letters and numbers after a cars name but in the end it's the same damn car to most people. How many people would buy a NSX SV-540-LQ3 if it looked just like a 91 NSX with extra horsepower and carbon fiber shift knob?

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I do agree with you on the F cars..360 and 430 cars are CHEAP and will go lower IMO..WHY becuase there were so DANG many of them and still so many on the market..

However the Lambo is not the same case...a LOT LESS supply and a lot less of supply coming in to fill the 1st tier of buyers that move on and up, droping their USED car..

Just plays out the old supply and demand factor IMO

12. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Are the production numbers higher for the 360 than the Gallardo? Or are you thinking the 360+430 is higher than the Gallardo.

I have always thought there were way more G's than 360's?

13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Not apple to apple..

360 was basicaly done in 2004..some late 2005 cars...where the G ONLY came out in 2004..so not really a good camparison..

But yes, there is MORE 430 cars built year to year add up as the G in comparable years..if you add 360 and 430...then the numbers a way higher than the G car production..

If you look at orginal MSRP against SOLD solid number cars, that is the G and the 430..you will see that percentage wise the G has held a better re-sale value..with the exception of the MY2004 cars...but they also have leveled and are on a slight rise as well..

Of course there are the exceptions, for BOTH Marques...which is based on color, options, miles etc etc..there is ALWAYS an exception to every thing..

14. DLMphotos

DLMphotos Karting

Jan 4, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Drake
    Well, I'm not an owner (yet), but I do have something to say from seeing and being around all these cars. Ferrari is beating out Lamborghini because-like people have said-of their model range.

Ferrari: If I wanted to just cruise around somewhere without attention, doesn't have to be a supercar, etc, Ferrari has the 612. But let's say that I want to go very fast, but still want little to no attention (that is until you get on the gas :p), Ferrari has the 599. Oh, but wait, neither of those are convertibles...okay, California. Actually, I want a car that is flashy, fast, and loud. Oh, how about the Scud or the 16M, or even the 599 GTO. Nah, too much of a race car for me, 458 Italia.

Lamborghini: I want a car that isn't very flashy, Lamborghini has the....oh wait.. How about a car that isn't very loud? Oh wait...

I'm NOT trying to bash on Lamborghini. I absolutely LOVE Lambo and would hate to see the company fall, but they do need more variety in their lineup, like Ferrari. However, the current Lambo models are stunning, maybe even more so than Ferrari.

Just my 2 cents.

15. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This thread has become a crack pot magnet.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So true! I've often felt there's an internet version of Gresham's law. That is, bad information drives out good information. The players are eventually categorized into their roles even without a program, but a proffered clue helps speed up that process!

17. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    Yeah with Ferrari mechanics that were on strike from the factory. LOL!!!!!!!

18. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    #143 SKNKWRX, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    So they went to work for the better company making better product when they were getting the shaft from their crappy employer? Your post screams pimply teenage fanboy blogging from his parents basement.

19. Ferrari FXX

Jun 27, 2007
    No..........production on the 458s won't be as high & Ferrari will make up the difference with the California.

And you all keep thinking I'm just some "fan boy" who doesn't own anything.

Hey I'm just telling the truth about Lamborghini. No racing heritage, company started with Ferrari technology & even F Lamborghini said himself. This is his DIRECT QUOTE.

"Hahahha,
    "I am the first Japanese in Italian history. I never invented anything, but I always copied the best. To make my motor, I asked, 'Which is the best?' And the reply was, 'The 12-cylinder of Ferrari.'"

Lamborghini wasn't even associated or connected with the car business after the company went into the hole. Enzo was an 88 year old man with true passion & love for cars. The man was 88 & developed the F40 shortly before he died. To me thats true pedigree, passion & tradition. I'm not going to argue with you posers anymore.

Just keep thinking Lambo is going to survive on a 2 model line up where both the cars look nearly identical & the business strategy of rehasing the same car year after year with gimmick names.

20. Ferrari FXX

Jun 27, 2007
    I wasn't thinking of a soccer mom SUV but a powerful luxurious SUV similar to the Knight XV. And a front engine V12 that isn't so flashy.

But hey, keep churning out those 2 those 2 kick ass models & lets see how much growth they have.

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think you've made your position very clear. You're hitting the point of diminishing returns for your contributions and are increasingly appearing provocative merely for the sake of being so. Comments like that don't particularly add value to the thread.

Regards,
    Andrew.

22. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    LOL - The California. They can barely give those away. They can't even get rid of new Scuds and 16M's at MSRP.

23. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    But don't you just love it though?

24. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well I gues it does tend to keep them from other mischief ...

Bob S.

25. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    what? On strike? They were all fired from Ferrari.

(Where do folks come up with this stuff?)

Fred