Italian Car Day | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Italian Car Day

Discussion in 'Canada' started by CANDREAM, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    Very nice - weather looks perfect too.

2. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Very Nice.

3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Nice score Sadi .... Good assortment of unique cars.

4. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Amazing !!! I'm probably coming up tomorrow morning with a friend of mine.

Vasco, I expect you to be there... and have a bright orange flag or vest to identify yourself ! :D

5. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Humberview Motorsports is also a Vendor and yes , you will meet Vasco.

Many people worked very hard......we have a fantastic Team focussed on Fun but more important on the Charity too.

6. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Hello to all......well, the field is all staged up and ready for your cars !

All is GO Houston.....or should I say WOODBRIDGE !

We hope to see you there......have fun.....and enjoy a relaxed day with the beautiful Italian music, Italian Cars and motorcyles, Italian food and most important ....the Italian hospitality.

Thank you all for your support and see you tomorrow

Italian car Day Organizers

7. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    What a Day !!!!!!!!! Memorable!!!!!!!

Thank you to all who came out..... Post your pics so we can all share ....we will be doing the same on our web site.

8. NorthPoint

NorthPoint Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    NorthPoint
    #158 NorthPoint, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. alfalover

alfalover Karting

Jun 13, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Nice variety of cars. I hope the weather is as nice next year as it was today. Congratulations to the organizers for a well run event.

10. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Thank you all.

Northpoint....I am eager to know how many cars we had too......one point to keep in mind is we had more space to park cars.....ie: the staging was done differently to accommodate more cars. I widened the main ile, increased the rectangular marques area by about 20 to 50 feet depending on the preregistered.....and left a spot for the last minute arrivals. Some learned lessons from last year and feedback to have more walking space from the participants.

I can say that we ran out of space in the Maseratis......my fault....Ooops...we will fix that next year :)

We will be counting soon and will post the numbers.

Thanks again to all.

11. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #161 AxerJk, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Awesome show! I drove up from the Detroit area to see this, and it was totally worth it.

I could hear this car from a mile away. One of the coolest sounding cars I've ever heard.

Instead of showing all of the cars details/angles in the video, I put them in pictures to keep the video short.

Chris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO3yKD-l1oA[/ame]

View the pictures here: Lambos

12. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    #162 ferrariartist, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    Hey AxerJk. That was me with the Gallardo Spyder. Love the video and pics brother! Thanks for posting everything!

14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    You found me right away :D Didnt need a flag lol. Finally met you Lucas. Its crazy because it seems like ive known you forever lol. Also met some other members here for the first time.

Was a great day out. Thanks all!

15. Eccentric M

Eccentric M Karting

Sep 27, 2009
    CAN
  16. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Hey George! Thank you for starting it back up for me. I could hear that from the top of the hill. It sounded just fantastic!

Chris

17. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  18. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Hey Vasco, good to finally talk face to face!

I'm glad you finally found your way up to Woodbridge... I guess your TDF 360 had the navigation package !! :D:D

Good show, good weather, The 599 XX and '90 F1 Mansell blew my mind...I used up my entire camera memory card just on those cars!

19. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    Sadi Domenic and I would like to thank all the volunteers in there bright orange t-shirt for taking the time to help organize and assist on the show field.

Special thanks goes out to our Marquee sponsor , Engineered Automotive for supporting ICD for the second year.

Also thank you to all our other supporting sponsors :

TD bank
    Motoretta
    Garage Living
    Ocean Drive Motors
    Salex Inc.
    Raceway Fiat
    Fiat Alfa Romeo Quebec
    Hagerty Silver Wheels
    Multi Machining
    Cittadini Ristorante
    Ozz Electric
    Vaughan Electrical Supply

Thank you to Ferrari of Ontario for bringing some spectacular race cars to the event. I can’t wait to see what your bringing next year !!

The air conditioned executive washrooms were a big hit and will be back next year .

All the work we as director do to organize and plan this event would be lost if it was not for all the participant that attended and made Italian Car Day 2012 the successes it was.

Let’s not forget why we did this ,the Safehaven Project For Community Living which helps children with multiple disabilities. www.safehaven.to

Sometimes we all forget how lucky we truly are to have beautiful cars and healthy families. Thanks to all the participants , we were able to give back to the community and help some of these families.

The raffle tickets for the Grand Prize, a fully loaded Fiat 500 Sport will be available until there sold out or November 2 which is the date of the Safehaven Gala.

We will be posting information regarding the results of the awards and the number of participants that attended this year’s event within the week.

Please see some of the event highlights bellow :

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=1140&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fferrarichat.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D353967%26page%3D9&v=1&libid=1343009369565&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWWsThXH-jQM&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fferrarichat.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Fs%3D2ba7d4364cd2cf7630f1f6004f560ffc%26f%3D31&title=Italian%20Car%20Day%202012%20-%20Page%209%20-%20FerrariChat.com&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWWsThXH-jQM&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_134300965592912

Nick Puopolo
    Director
    Italian Car Day
    wwwitaliancarday.com

20. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
    I have been advised the event highlights link was not working.
    Please try this one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWsThXH-jQM[/ame]

Nick Puopolo
    Director
    Italian Car Day
    wwwitaliancarday.com

21. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Great pictures and vids guys! It really helps us remember a great day!

I have a question about the Maserati 200SI, the one that won best of show. I got some footage of that car leaving, and I want to make sure I have the correct information in my video description before I post it. I think Giovanni said that it was one of 4 made, but I'm looking online and I'm seeing numbers like 32 of them made. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you very much,

Chris

22. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Four cars were built by Maserati while an additional 16-20 cars were built by other coach-builders such as Fantuzzi.

23. Nick Puopolo

Nick Puopolo Canada

Oct 5, 2010
  24. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    #175 AxerJk, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    Thank you very much for the info guys, I will have the video of the Maserati 200si up soon!

Here is a short video of several of the cars revving and accelerating away. I have seen lots of Ferrari F40s, but this was the first time I had seen one driving away.

Chris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktWtWjqXEI[/ame]

Here are some pictures of the cars from the show, as well as others seen on the trip! http://razzi.me/albums/16914-toronto-cars

Chris