It's not funny, and I'm not drunk. | Page 89 | FerrariChat

It's not funny, and I'm not drunk.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Apr 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

As usual, your counter arguments are based on anecdotes, misinformation and not fact

Ian's post is correct

"The fact is that 100% of convicted terrorists in Australia are muslim."

The Sydney Hilton bombing was a terrorist act, but those charged/convicted were later acquitted and at the end of the day who was responsible is still unclear

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/the-sydney-hilton-bombing-of-1978/story-fnat7jnn-1226539686853

2. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Suggest you take a look at this:Terrorism Court Cases ? Parliament of Australia
    9 convicted terrorists total since 2003 - hardly a war on Australia is it?
    And how come Ian's anecdotes of being held up in Saudi are acceptable but mine of working for an extended period in a Muslim city are not?
    Where are the crowds of Muslims crying out for sharia or to remove pork from Australian supermarkets? There are none - the war on terror is a beat up and gives air to the mad minority who should just be treated like any other criminals.
    Like I said a few posts back, what we REALLY need is a strong reminder that Australia is secular and church and state should have no intersection.

3. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Wow, so much insight. Yeah you're right, it took 19 Muslim terrorist to kill 2996 people in 9/11 so we're overreacting :rolleyes:

4. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Exactly - 19 criminals out of a Muslim population of how many 100s of millions???
    Do you not think that if the authorities focused on crooks instead of wasting time on following 'leads' reported by people caught up in the anti-Muslim hysteria they might have more success? And why should the innocent majority of Australian Muslims be treated as enemies by ignorant others?

5. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

How do you know the innocent majority are being treated as enemies?

How do you know the authorities are wasting their time on hysterical "leads"?

How many people were behind those 19 terrorists?

How about you start posting facts instead of falsehoods based on your opinion

6. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    It's just yesterday,in Queensland by QCCC,reported that so much effort has been spent on "The biker crackdown"that other major crime,notably..child abuse,has been put on the backburner...the bikies accounted for .52% of all Queensland crime.
    The other types of neglected crime were not mentioned in the report I looked at.

7. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    1. See the news everyday for hate crimes against Muslims, especially veiled women.
    2. Talk to any policeman, as I have done.
    3. What does it matter? The fact is the criminals are a MINORITY within their minority; same as Christian criminals are a minority within their religion.
    4. I DO state facts - none of which you have been able to factually repudiate.

8. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Think I might use one of your quotes

BULL ****

All hearsay and anecdotes. You have not stated any facts, look up the definition

Anyway, looks like the religion of peace are claiming this one

http://mobile.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/russian-plane-crashes-in-egypt/story-fnizu68q-1227589431084

Yep, still overreacting

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    They can claim what they want. So far all we have is hearsay and anecdotes from the popular press.

It's more likely to be an aircraft failure. Specifically a stabiliser failure.

10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Is this another Russian airline with poor safety records like Aeroflot ?

11. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  12. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Another irrelevant sidestep. See above for facts re attacks on Muslim women , no published stats on numbers of false reports. You're free to believe whatever you like, I'll just go on enjoying my country free of fear AND I'll continue to stick up for those who can't defend themselves here or elsewhere. I have this strange, old fashioned idea that Australia is an egalitarian nation where everyone is given a fair go until they're proved guilty.

13. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Guess you missed the bit " investigators have rejected the claim" at the end of the article...

14. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

There is a subculture that is unique to south west Sydney, where the vast majority of Australian nationals joining IS come from. You can do your usual trick of taking the lefty moral high ground but as usual you are clueless to what is going on.

Are these meetings, like this one that happened last night in the national interest?

http://m.smh.com.au/national/muslim-children-should-not-be-forced-to-sing-national-anthem-says-hizb-uttahrir-20151101-gknwy9.html

15. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

I hope they weren't involved

16. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Errr. That's a big call, unless you know an awful lot more than what I've heard so far.

Care to elaborate?

17. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    ASN Accident Digest Airbus A321-231 Metrojet
    Time: ca 06:13
    Type: Airbus A321-231
    Operating for: Metrojet
    C/n / msn: 663
    First flight: 1997
    Engines: 2 IAE V2533-A5
    Crew: Fatalities: 7 / Occupants: 7
    Passengers: Fatalities: 217 / Occupants: 217
    Total: Fatalities: 224 / Occupants: 224
    Airplane damage: Written off

Phase: En route
    Nature: Int'l Non Scheduled Passenger
    Departure airport: Sharm el Sheikh International Airport (SSH)

Destination airport: Saint Petersburg-Pulkovo Airport (LED)

Flightnumber: 7K9268
    Narrative: An Airbus A321, operated by Metrojet, was destroyed in an accident central Sinai, Egypt. AP quoted Egyptian officials saying there were no survivors. Metrojet flight 9268 took off from Sharm el Sheikh at 05:49 hours local time (03:49 UTC). It followed airway R650 to the north along the shoreline of the Gulf of Aqaba. Overhead the Nuweibaa (NWB) NDB at FL210 the aircraft turned left, heading 340? to cross the Sinai Peninsula. Last contact with the flight was about 06:13 hours. Flight tracking website Flightradar24 shows the aircraft climbing to 30875 feet, after which it shows erratic altitudes and speed indications. Last altitude recorded was 27925 feet at a speed of 62 knots.

18. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    "The insistence of senior government ministers that Muslim children sing the national anthem – an anthem that reflects a particular disputed view of history and celebrates particular ideological values ... Why should they be forced to sing it?" he asked the crowd, gathered at The Bellevue function centre in Bankstown.

I may be slow, blind or stupid, but I do not see
    "a particular disputed view of history"

or, where it
    "celebrates particular ideological values"

Australians all let us rejoice,
    For we are young and free;
    We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;
    Our home is girt by sea;
    Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
    Of beauty rich and rare;
    In history’s page, let every stage
    Advance Australia Fair.
    In joyful strains then let us sing,
    Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
    We’ll toil with hearts and hands;
    To make this Commonwealth of ours
    Renowned of all the lands;
    For those who’ve come across the seas
    We’ve boundless plains to share;
    With courage let us all combine
    To Advance Australia Fair.
    In joyful strains then let us sing,
    Advance Australia Fair.

19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    the highlighted indicates an operational failure with the aircraft stalling at 27925 feet ??

Steve ??

20. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Similar to a malfunctioning pito tube, except it was broad daylight. Why did it veer off course for 100 km or so first?

21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    ??

737s have 2 pitot tubes which measure airspeed, nothing to do with navigation

22. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2222 Steve355F1, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    I think they have more than two, but you're right they have nothing to do with navigation.

A malfunctioning static system can cause major indication errors and has caused accidents in the past (there is the famous one where the cleaner left some tape over the static inlet).

However, even that wouldn't cause a problem in visual conditions for any semi competent crew, and these days there are enough independent back up systems to provide correct information if the primary system is faulty.

No, this is strange and I hate to speculate. Therefore I will, and say maybe something "odd" was going on in the cockpit?

Really, at this stage unless you have information that no-one else seems to have it's all a guess.

23. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My first question would be what were the conditions at the time?
    Instrument or visual?
    If visual, suggests either something odd going on in the cockpit or some kind of catastrophic aircraft issue (yes a stabiliser is possible but there is nothing I have seen to suggest that and it is incredibly unlikely).

If instrument, then a pitot / static system problem is indeed likely.
    But again, these days it should be possible to use other independent systems to get "correct" readings (such as GPS) if the normal sources have become unreliable.

24. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It use to take hours to check the pitot static system with long leak testing being the most important.

As for being 100 kms off course after only being in the air for less than an hour would have to be deliberate or incompetence, today's systems are very accurate compared to the old systems I played with (inertial navigation - pre-astral correction or GPS)

25. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    True, but has caused a crash in the past, but unlikely in daylight. I was asking the question about navigation, I know it wasn't related