John Hajduk | FerrariChat

John Hajduk

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by fiatosca, Apr 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Is John Hajduk still living? I find lots of older articles about him online but nothing recent.

2. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    From what I know he's fine. He can be found at Motorkraft in IN...

3. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Last time I spoke to John, he was having some health issues and was undergoing treatment. This was about a year ago. His son Larry is still at the shop though.

4. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    I spoke to Larry earlier today. Pray for John. "Larry said the outlook is bleak."

5. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Just heard John passed away yesterday. A wonderful man who made many contributions to the world of Ferrari. May he rest in peace.

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Wow, reading this thread gave me chills. Someone asks about him 2 weeks ago and now he passes. Didn't know him, but my condolences to his family.

7. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    I first met John in 1973. He had just just opened Motor Kraft in Bensenville, IL. We were both so young. He was looking for work and Sue and I had a 275 GTB that needed a lot of help. It was a marriage made in heaven. Soon Scott Taylor started to work at John's and we became fast friends with Scott doing the "heavy lifting" for us until he passed away a few years ago. Now John is gone also. A lot of people do not realize that John was originally a body man who worked at Lehman-Peterson, the limousine makers. He built circle track race cars, and went from there to exotic car work. Nice man.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Very sorry to hear the news. John was a down to earth, hands-on guy and his work was first rate. On more than one occasion Bob Wallace referred me to John to have a job done properly. There was usually a great diversity of cars around the shop--Enzo era Ferrari, 512s real or recreated, sprint cars. On one visit they were building a Divco milk truck hotrod/gasser, very cool. RIP John and thank you.

9. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    I did not know John. I started this thread because I found out that he had built the engine in my recently purchased GTE then later I found a picture of me as a kid standing with his 330 LMB.

It sounds like he was a great guy and I'm sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting him. Condolences to his family.

10. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    RIP John. Learned much from his wisdom and am forever thankful. Jim

11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #11 geno berns, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Very sad news. I've gotten to know him over they years. He built engines in a Lusso I used to own and PF. He was a no nonsence honest type of guy and very good at his trade. His passion was breeding and racing horses. Him and Bob Wallace were very good friends often talking daily. RIP