Just bought a 2000 360 from the auction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Just bought a 2000 360 from the auction

Discussion in '360/430' started by 02360spider, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    You did good there. In 3 years you can sell it for $45.

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    It has the CA BAR sticker so even in CA it should pass easily. Even in CA if it passes the OBD test you are good to go.

Depending on what pops up you did pretty well. Enjoy the ride.

3. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Are you close to Weston? A friend of mine used to take his 355 to Boston sports car and they were somewhat reasonable. I think the major (cam belts) is a little easier job on a 360 and wherever you go they're prob going to say you should do it, I doubt you have records on a salvage car

The good news is the thing looks great-get the belts done and drive the crap out of it-those engines are bullet proof

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I agree. At that price, there's room to sink a few more thousand into and enjoy it for quite some time.
    Let's be real guys, I've seen lots of guys buy these cars at fmv that are supposedly "well sorted" and from decent dealership that still end up with a few thousand $more work needed in the first 6 mo of ownership also.
    The biggest issue with a car like this, is resale value will always be limited, which may be more of a concern if you truly believe these cars will be collectibles....but that's a long shot at best.

5. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    #55 360+Volt=Prius, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Hey don't listen to this trash talk.

If your gonna drive it and do most of the work yourself it was a great deal. I lust after challenge wheels!

No one will know how many miles are on it, it's a euro, or that it is a salvage title unless you shout it out the window as you drive by, and they will still be jealous!

You will probably never lose money on it.

Have a blast with it and learn how to wrench on it yourself. If u don't DIY, then the savings will still vanish (as with any car) because price of parts aren't getting cheaper, labor Rates are on the rise so you will be paying repair/maintenance bills for a 175k car, despite the fact you paid only 40k.

Remember that engine alone if running is worth 18-20k!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Some afficionados obsess over intangibles like a cars country of import or whether it was the first or last off the assembly line, etc. Forget about it. Enjoy your car, I hope it gives you few problems.
    I notice the same thing. Here in Canada, buyers attach a value to if the car was orig sold in Canada vs the US, even if it was manufactured somewhere else altogether. I notice the same bias in American buyers towards cars being sold in Canada.
    Doesn't make sense to me.

7. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Super exciting! I am looking forward to your posts about the car. I really enjoyed the thread from the guy who bought the salvage scud, was it?

8. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    This can be true depending on the vehicles backround. It has already been through Ca's BAR program so that's a big hurdle done.

Not dumb, maybe a little misinformed, no reason to insult.

I know nothing about Massachusetts smog laws so no comment, however, I will add that the largest resale market for this car is California so it is significant that it has the ability to be registered here.

This is not entirely accurate. The OBD readiness and lack of fault codes is a part of the Ca test, but there is a visual portion as well. The visual has become more scrutinized by the smog technicians since the 2000 model year and newer vehicles have gone to no exhaust probe test or sniff test as it is commonly known. Furthermore, a 2000 model year Euro car may still fall into the probe test guidelines depending on manufacturer date and how it was processed by the BAR. The punchline is one should never assume a 17 year old Ferrari will "fly" through an emissions test.
    I agree. Forget all the negative comments from everyone else. $40K for any running driving Ferrari that doesn't have a freight train up its ass is a great buy. Enjoy it, and sell that Aston and keep the Modena. I'll take a salvage Ferrari over a clean title Aston Martin any day!

9. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    and once the smoke clears you may have more than that in it. If it needs a clutch (and F1's seem to eat them for lunch) there's 6K there.

Like many said, a cheap Ferrari seldom remains a cheap Ferrari. If you bought it to drive and use like a daily car, good. But resale is all but nil. Justified or not, a Euro car is avoided by most and a Salvage title--- well that's almost certain death on the market.

I almost bought a Salvage Title Porsche 993 (still needed work but I have a shop) thinking I would love the car so much I didn't ever plan on selling it anyway. But in the end I opted for a nice low mileage 993. Seventeen years later, I decided to trade the car (just recently in fact) for a real nice 2003 F360 (21K miles) something I would never have considered I would do all those years ago. For me these cars are investments of sorts. Over time smart money is in the nicest cars you can afford. My tastes changed. I never saw that coming years ago when I purchased my 993.

I got a handsome price on the trade of the 993. If it was a Salvage Title, I'd been married to it.

10. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Meh. Do what you want. I think you got a deal. Long as you put in your own work. But... they'd assuming you have a minimum of $4k in tools, equipment (air etc). Have fun brother

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Tough bunch here. Congrats and enjoy it man. They make a beautiful sound with the right set up.

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    enjoy it. they will probably never be worth much more than they are right now, so you got a steal. have fun !

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Thats excellent! If it still drives and feels like a ferrari i would put some money in it to tidy it up and make it my track car;)

14. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Thanks for all the comments good or bad good to get some opinions. I will make a YouTube video when it arrives as it is getting unloaded.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

15. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I have mixed feeling I'm excited on one end and a little afraid on the other who knows what lies ahead lol

16. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I have a 02 Spyder if you want a project car for the track lol

17. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Never drove a Ferrari so I'm excited

18. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Some one I know just bought a tour de France blue f360 this summer and has had to do belts some f1 sensor and now needs f1 pump or something like that and his car was pretty mint

19. Natkingcolebasket69

I'm sure it will be great. If urs doesnt have frame dammage should be fun. I dont think its an investment bc of the title but at least ull enjoy it! Unlike me i tend to drive my testarossa mostly at quiet traffic time bc im too scared of anything happening to it! Ppl drive like crazy here;)
    My tack car I hope will be a 360 challenge not road legal. Id love that.

20. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Testarossa is one of my child hood dream cars must be pretty cool to own one.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes! It feels fast, sounds awesome and pretty easy to live with...maintenance is not as bad as one would think though not cheap.
    Its actually pretty fast too if u overlook the 0-60 time. Past 80 it pulls with the v12 screaming makes me smile every time;)

22. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Pretty cool did you buy it when prices where down or when they jumped?

23. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    And what color and year?

24. Natkingcolebasket69

88, red, crema, i bought it recently when the prices are starting to go back down.25k miles, serviced, from
    Ferrari. 97k

25. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Nice one day man I will have one I don't see them go through the salvage auction all I see is 360,430,ff,458 calfornia,