Key Blanks for Ferrari's model years 1975 to 2005 | FerrariChat

Key Blanks for Ferrari's model years 1975 to 2005

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bisel, Aug 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    #1 bisel, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have received several requests for plain vanilla key blanks for Ferrari’s. I have a small stock of key blanks, but my costs are such that I cannot match prices of larger sales outlets on the Internet.

Listed below are various key blanks for Ferrari’s. I hope this helps those of you who may be looking to get a blank key to have made as a spare. Because sources, availability and prices for these key blanks can vary, perform a Google search using the key blank manufacturer and model number.

Ferrari Model Years 1989 – 2005. Cars manufactured in this date range typically utilize a double-sided, external cut ignition key. The following model key blanks should fit these cars:
    • ILCO FT46 / X152 … brass key, plain head
    • JMA FI-6I … steel key, plain head
    • JMA FI-6I-P … steel key, rubber head
    • Silca GT6RP … brass key, rubber head
    • Silca GT6RAP … brass key, rubber head (smaller head than GT6RP)
    • Silca GT6R … same as JMA Fi-6I

Ferrari Model Years 1975 – 1988. Cars manufactured in this date range typically utilize a single-sided, external cut key for the ignition. The following model key blanks should fit these cars:
    • Silca NE9A … brass key, plain head
    • ILCO H61VR … brass key, plain head

I indicated above if the key is steel or brass. The only reason that matters is that some hardware stores may be reluctant to cut a steel key … but that should not be a problem with a locksmith. Also, because the manufacturer may have made a steel key in the past, does not necessarily mean that they may not change for any particular manufacturing run. The info above is merely what I believe is correct now.

I am attaching an illustration of these keys so you can compare to your existing key. Note: the shape of the key head may vary depending on the manufacturer. The key shank should match your existing key.

Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You science is tight!
    Thanks.

These of course are alternates to the OEM (steel) Neimans.

3. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Very helpful. Thanks.

4. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Good luck finding a Neiman key. An original, uncut Neiman key for Ferrari is likely to set you back $250 or more. Maybe much more. A reproduction Neiman key $50 to $100.

Steve

5. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    Steve, I just bought a red key from you for my 355.... LOVE IT!!!!!

Thanks,

John

6. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    That's some great information especially if you're planning on keeping the car like I am.
    Thanks Steve

7. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Still, at $250+, it's still cheaper than replacing the key on <insert any modern car here> :)