L Calabasas & O.C. shut down? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

L Calabasas & O.C. shut down?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Oct 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not like Lamborghini has cared about that before.

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I'm not sure why we needed 10 pages of bs just to say "hey guys, dealership closed down.." This isn't a good thing, although the buy-it-now price on the blue Gallardo Spider at $134k is kinda nice...

-R

3. TonyShaw

TonyShaw Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    Vik Keuylian made Lamborghini what it is today. He loves the cars. His sisters have been by his side and they loved the cars just as much as he did. You could see it at every event, every time I visited the dealership and spoke with them one on one.

They deserve respect, not rumors. The truth is, when the economy is bad, you fail quickly. Imagine, you have a huge budget every month and no sales. No bank is willing to finance customers that qualify for cars. The banks are scared. When you have money in the bank, your accounts are drained quickly with no sales or sales with no profits.

Every business owner makes mistakes. No one is perfect. I know this family and they are HONEST PEOPLE that got caught up quickly with a poor economy.

The bank is always looking for a reason and they can pull flooring at any time, period. Even if nothing is wrong, they have (in this case) done just that.

Let's remember all of the events Vik and his sisters put on. Let's remember the runs, the parties and our friends, Vik, Nora, Soosi and Astrid.

My friends.... The Keuylians

4. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    I have somewhat of a vested interest in this topic due to its affiliation with Lotus and according to some of the "now" ex-employees of both locations, employees were given their last pay check and left in the dark. We heard a lot of different rumors but it's all hearsay so no need for me to say something that migh not be truthful but I did hear from many "other" dealers that something was brewing months ago which involved the banks.

There's quite a bit of Lotus dealers who are also Lambo dealers and maybe someone in the "true know" can shed some light on the subject but the last dealer meeting lambo had (last month I believe) involved Lamborghini stuffing dealers with more inventory knowing some dealers already have 25+ in stock.

5. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I have to agree here. More of a series of unfortunate events that lead to the current situation. I am certain there is light at the end of the tunnel for all involved. This unfortunately, is not the first place to have this happen to...it's just more of a shocker when it's something of this level. I wish the best to everyone there at all facilities involved.

6. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    +1

I met Nora a few years ago. Very nice lady.

As a small business owner myself, cash flow is key. With a large overhead, scared banks and a shrinking economy... if the big $$$ buyers aren't buying, your business will dry up very quickly.

I've had all of my cars serviced at their old Beverly Hills facility and have nothing but good things to say about them. It's really unfortunate for all of the people who have lost their jobs. I wish them all the best.

7. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    What happened to the Lotuses? Were these auctioned as well?

I know that they moved the Lotus inventory to Calabasas when the Lotus of Beverly Hills location shut down.

8. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    Remember though, a few weeks ago 'they' DID predict that America would start to see a large amount of layoffs. :( :(

9. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    #234 LOTUS1, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    There was less than a handful left when BH transferred their inventory to Calabasas and have no doubt the banks seized it those vehicles as well. I should have more info on Monday.

10. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    never met the guy but i have a hard time believing this.

11. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #236 2NA, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    Al Burtoni claimed to be God's gift to Lamborghini as well.

IIRC Vik used to have the exclusive US distributorship for Lamborghini. The company pulled the plug and took it back in house. I heard that it was difficult for other dealers to get cars from him.

12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    LOTUS1....love that avatar !!

Can we...um....get a bigger picture of it !

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

13. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    You may want to ask other Lamborghini dealers and people involved in the community how they feel about Vik's time as the Lamborghini distributor. You'll hear a completely different story.

14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

I don't think I read anywhere that there is any lack of respect. I think it's more shock than anything else. When the biggest, best falls....no one is safe. I remember all the posts and pix of that great party they threw at the opening of their Calabasas dealer.....wow, I wish I could have been there.

Also, nothing sinister was meant by "other investments". It's just that the big players would have really been hurt by the credit crunch and the resulting sell off on Wall street.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

15. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    But Vik need to give the local SOCAL community that has supported him for years, a reason and explination.

Look....Lambo OC did not close it's doors at the snap of a Banks decision...it was probably in the making for months.

What we Lambo fans want to know ...is.. "Will the dealership re-open soon?"

Vik basically surprised us all by quickly closing the doors.
    It's becasue he suddenly closed his doors, that "untruthful" rumors are flying.

It would have been nice for Vik to give notice..."Hey, business is slow, we are moving to a new more cost-effective location."

I speak for everyone, Vik is a a great guy. I have met him 2 times. His dealership is known for being honest, no-nonsense businees friendly dealership with great customer service, and top notch service department.

We all wish Vik the best of luck, and we as a community support him and wish him continued success.

Vik knows, the economy will turn around, and Vik will be again throwing lavish big parties again.

Best of Luck Vik !!!!!

Thanks,
    UZY

16. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Sounds wonderful Uzy, I'll bet there's a lot more to the story.

17. mdrlambo

mdrlambo Rookie

Feb 8, 2007
    You need to read around this and other forums. Vik did not close by choice, it was by force. Where the dealership might have a good reputation, the man himself does not. Google is your friend.

18. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    Unfortunately, there's more truth to this than some people will ever care to know. Bottom line, its never good when a dealer is shut down as there are people who are dependant on this job to pay their bills and put food on the table for their family. I have not doubt that Vik will still be able to provide for his family however; the same can't be said for the employees that are left scouring the classifieds for a job....here's hoping that everyone gets back on their feet soon.

19. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    A friend of mine went by the Calabasas Lambo dealership today and said it was completely empty of cars, yet he recalls cars there just last Friday.

My question is, is there some sort of article in the LA Times or somewhere explaining what happened? Or is that sort of thing yet to come?

My inlaws live about a mile away from that dealership, I remember when it seemed to suddenly appear a few years back.

Amazing...

Fred

20. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
  21. ZAMIRZ

ZAMIRZ Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Amir
  22. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    HUH?

23. FredParoutaud

FredParoutaud Formula 3

Jun 9, 2004
    It would sure be great to get some actual facts about what happened.

Fred

24. TonyShaw

TonyShaw Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    #249 TonyShaw, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
    From reliable sources, many mistakes where made. This was not the first time. You cannot over expand, have locations that sell no cars and expect to survive. Regardless of the economy, this was a matter of truly poor business decisions. He just acted like a big shot and it came back on him or maybe his sisters as they owned the dealership and he owned the land. Sad for the sisters.

This failure is based on a very large ego. He helped make Lamborghini, but, he failed his employees, loyal customers and most of all, his sisters!.

Wow, you talk about over expanding with "other" peoples money, your employees jobs and most of all your sisters creditability!

You really cannot own another car dealership with this giant failure. I hope the new owner does not employ him. What a GIANT mistake that will be!

25. TonyShaw

TonyShaw Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    From reliable sources, many mistakes where made. This was not the first time. You cannot over expand, have locations that sell no cars and expect to survive. Regardless of the economy, this was a matter of truly poor business decisions. He just acted like a big shot and it came back on him or maybe his sisters as they owned the dealership and he owned the land. Sad for the sisters.

This failure is based on a very large ego. He helped make Lamborghini, but, he failed his employees, loyal customers and most of all, his sisters!.

Wow, you talk about over expanding with "other" peoples money, your employees jobs and most of all your sisters creditability!

You really cannot own another car dealership with this giant failure. I hope the new owner does not employ him. What a GIANT mistake that will be!