Lamborghini 50th | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini 50th

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by amenasce, Aug 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    i think it is a good idea Albert

2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    I will rebuild the suspension instead, after all it just needs shocks and bearings, joints are all good. Shame to miss not meeting people but to me I would rather spend the money on my car as the 50th to me is in no way a great way to spend several thousand euros.

3. JonathanElstein

JonathanElstein Karting

Oct 19, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Elstein
    I just spoke to the organisers - I was curious as to whether any other Silhouettes were going, and apparently mine is the only one so far.

They have had 52 applicants so far, including 15 'classics' (I'm not sure how they define this, but I guess it is Diablo or earlier?), most of which are Countaches or Miuras as you might expect.

It looks to me as if many people have been put off by the pricing. I guess we are also some way away from the registration deadline (and there is no limit on the number of participants, so no pressure to register early).

I share the general misgivings about the cost and the possibility of poor organisation, plus the risks of driving long distances in a foreign country in an old car. However, for me these factors are outweighed by the special nature of the event - I wasn't at the 40th and am unlikely still to be an owner by the time of the 60th.

The idea of driving in a convoy of these cars through the centre of Rome, or through the Tuscan countryside, or over the Futa-Raticosa pass, or even just parking next to the Duomo in Milan, has huge romantic appeal. Yes, I know I could do all these things myself at a lower cost. However, the Lamborghini marque (and the Silhouette in particular) has a special place in my heart for reasons I find hard to explain but have something to do with beauty, flair, dedication and sheer bloody-mindedness, none of which can be quantified in $ or €.

So I plan to be there to celebrate with those of you who feel the same way!

Jonathan

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Jonathan, of course the 50 th will be a very pleasant event, no doubt about it, and Silhoutette is a gorgeous car: i will look at you when you will pass here with your car!

ciao

5. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    Who here is going to the club meeting in Sant' Agata on October 8th?

6. lambomiura

lambomiura Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Philippe Muratori
    I'm on my way there.

Philippe
    wwww.lamborghinimiura.com

7. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm there too...

8. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

We are planning on driving to the 50th but organizers make things more than complicated.
    Cars have to be checked and certified at a Lambo dealer 2 weeks before departure!
    And we have no dealer around.
    And their pricing is strange, I drove to both the 30th and the 40th Anniversaries and pricing was not even close to what it is now.

Seems they want to make a grand profit as well as having all the owners cars there...
    Hope you both can bring forward all the concerns that people and owners are mentioning here on this forum! Thanks!

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    have a nice day, Andrea Nicoletto should be there too.

ciao

10. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    The Concorso Italiano is planning to throw a very big party for Lamborghini owners in concert with the Factory. Lamborghini owners will not be disappointed as we know very well how to show our respect for our Bullish friends and their great classic cars.
    Our plan is to "knock you out" It will be like stepping into a combination Lamborghini/Fantasy Land.
    So please do not despair fun is on the way!

Car Guy Tour

In addition I would like to float the idea of a special Lamborghini focused Car Guy Tour to take place in May 2013.
    This Tour will kick off on the beautiful shores of Lake Como and visit design houses in Milan and Turin including a grand reception at Touring of Milan for those of you with 350 and 400 GT's.

In addition Mrs. Bertone and her Design team would be delighted to invite Lamborghini owners to be their special guest (not paid guest) to a catered luncheon to be held at the Bertone Styling Center.
    We would then travel to Modena, take in a few of the other Mfg then join the Lamborghini festivities for their weekend events.
    At this point this is all conceptual pending demand.
    Those of you who would like to consider joining in, please ping me for additional pricing.

Ciao,
    FGM

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    thanks, i like the program!

ciao

12. zedmtrappe

zedmtrappe Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    I am having problems getting in touch with the organisers. I have input all my details into the website ( about 3 weeks ago). I have emailed them separably asking for payment information etc ( about 2 week ago) . Still not hearing from them I telephoned them last week and after a couple of ring outs to the fax machine, I did manage to speak to someone who said they would be back in touch shortly - and I still have not heard anything....

Has anybody actually paid their deposit yet?

Any other suggestions as to how to get in touch - I am quite keen to get this booked!

Cheers

Zack

13. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

I was in email contact with them today. Got a reply after 12 minutes.
    Suggest trying again.

14. jimmy

jimmy Karting

May 22, 2006
    Any update from the factory meeting yesterday?

15. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Hi folks,
    There are too many thinks that came from that meeting.

At first be patient, as we decided to allow the factory to modify its website and
    program. Then, we will probably comment... depending on what will be changed !

The best actually is : "wait & see"

2 things for sure that won't happen : people without car are not authorised to attemp th 5 days Giro, as no coach facility will be organised AND there will be no mix of owners not registered with the ones who paid for the V.I.P. event...

Thanks all,
    Olivier
    LCB President

16. Peter.Lazzari

Peter.Lazzari Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Lago Maggiore, Italy
    Full Name:
    Peter Lazzari
    Thanks Olivier, but I do not understand ......
    1. How can people with cars participate anyway ?
    2. How / who can prevent non-registered / unsubscribed owners and their Lambos from joining in in on the open road ( public ) sections of the 5 day giro ?

We will be patient and await other news and web site updates.
    Thanks

17. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

What is the V.I.P. event?
    Will there be any changes in the pricing of the event and of the A, B and C variations of the Giro?

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thanks, Olivier.
    of course at point N.2 you mean "when the cars arrive at event place" as even during 1000miglia you can join the group when you are on an open road. I hope there will be the possibility to join the group just on sunday and paying just that.
    Otherwise i think i will "sanctify" 50th in 2013 going to visit Bertone as i never visited it before.

ciao

19. Patrick A

Patrick A Rookie

Jun 30, 2006
    What about owners who want to come the last day of the event at the factory , but leave the Lamborghini at home ?

My Jalpa woont be ready , but i woud like to join the last day .

20. lambomiura

lambomiura Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Philippe Muratori
    This is the case of some of us presently. Nothing is planned for that so far. But as Olivier wrote, the ball is in the factory's court at this moment...

Philippe
    www.lamborghinimiura.com

21. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    All your questions are legitimated... again be patient, we have covered so many topics that it is too long to explain on this board or on another.

We want to put all chances on the good side for the most of us in the Lambo Community and instead of restricting as it is now to some only lucky over a bench of +/- 22.000 Lambo owners (not accurate digits, just to figure out of the potential).

Factory was clever to invite us to discuss on a very open table, leave them sometime to react...

22. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    It appears this Agency, http://www.2fast4you.it/evento2.htm has already organised the famous Miura meeting for its 45 Anniversary and it is them who are also organising the Giro Tour 50 Anniversary...

Is anyone on this forum who has attempted the Miura meeting that could give us a satisfaction report about their way to organise ?

23. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Seems they do other tours as well:
    http://www.2fast4you.it/

24. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    I'm coming from Singapore & my Malaysian buddies are looking to rent Lambos & enter the event but wonder if the event will require us to pre-register with Vins etc.

25. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Seems like a freshly renovated Miura SV will attend, #5110. :)