Lamborghinis at auction | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #1101 roytoy2003, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I recently have reduced the price on ALL 6 of my Countach's I have in stock. They are all owned by us, none are on consignment...be more then happy to make a GREAT MERRY CHRISTMAS dream come true for some one...

NOW through December 31st 2015, F Chat members can Take an ADDITIONAL $10,000 off any listed price of my Countachs AS WELL as receive FREE shipping anywhere in the lower 48 USA States, enclosed lift gate trailer...or if out of the 48 states, then take a total of $12,000.00 of any listed price. All prices in US Funds.

Just one example here...for the rest, visit my WEB SITE at

Cats Exotics | Exotic Car Dealership specializing in Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Collector Cars

1983 Lamborghini Countach LP5000S Lynnwood, Washington | Cats Exotics

OR OR OR

NOW through DECEMBER 31, 2015..as a Holiday Special..TAKE $2,000.00 OFF any car I have in stock AS WELL as receive FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the lower 48 USA States.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That Countach LP500S is a very nice car!

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually, I have no problem with you at all.

Now, I don't like being harassed online, by anyone, but who does?

Stop harassing me online, and I'll stop calling your son Jonathan to ask you to stop harassing me.

Deal?

And yes, I apologize to you also, for anything real or imagined that you think I've done.

All is good with me.

Happy Holidays to you & your family.

4. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Excellent WORKS for me...and PLEASE ANYONE that see's this agreed "Peace Brokerage Agreement" violated...have The MODS suspend the violator IMMEDIATELY for a period of at LEAST 30 days! But I feel good that it will never be needed....

NOW this is a Holiday gift to rejoice in and enjoy...!!

Thank You Joe

Roy

5. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    #1105 blown daytona, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

Really???? Give us a break...please

Rick is right on track

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Please.

Give us all a break, you have nothing better to do than to stir the pot, sorry that like Rick you are disappointed that there is no more drama to keep you entertained, please move on, your comments do not add any value here.

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Roy, if nothing I am consistent, you can count on me to keep my end of the deal as Ive hopefully shown the past 2 years.

A Happy Holidays to you & yours, and may 2016 be good to both of us in our respective ways.

Its good move forward.

Best,

8. I'm going to be your new pr go to guy. As such I will start taking crappy posts like this one & turn them into something more pleasant.

This is my rough draft for this one:

Blown daytona & Sandy Eggo I appreciate your comments. I hope you have a merry Christmas.

See? Much better, and with a positive message. Now I can't guarantee a pulitzer prize winning post with each, but together we can accomplish great things.

It's such a great idea, that I'm extending this offer to Roy as well. Moderation will become fun again. We are going to remove as much of the drama as possible, give me something fun to do, and talk more about Lamborghinis.

9. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
  10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Totally agree.

The simple practice of remaining on-topic per the thread's title works like a charm too.

Happy Holidays!

11. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    #1111 Countachqv, Dec 19, 2015
    To go back on topic. The green car is now part of the Connecticut family.

This car is one of the best if not the best I have seen. The green paint is breathtaking and 100% perfect. Picts really dont do justice to the car. Much better in real. I understand better the guy who got it for that price than the other 400S that went with an engine that could not run.

This simply makes me want to ship my car to the factory for full restoration but then would I want to ever drive it after that?

That said, I am not sure I would drive that car. It is simply too nice.

Here is some pict of the car now in CT. I tired to take a shot of the green hue carpet but it did not come out right. I a lousy shot anyway.

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I posted my praise for this car when it first appeared on this forum,stating ,if i was in the buying mood,this would be it. It simply glows,s1s2ors3 who cares, they are now all old Lamborghinis, with the exeption of the Perkscopo and perhaps the anni on the other end,this is where the market is heading,the best restos and colors with docs,is gold

13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Countachqv:is your car a fi or dd?

14. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    You are too slow buddy...It's a DD 😄

15. The S3 is nice. I thought the Campagnolo stickers were supposed to be directly opposite of the valve stem?

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1116 joe sackey, Dec 19, 2015
    Correct.

Also, the correct position for the Campagnolo sticker on a S2 or S3 car was originally at the edge of the inside dish of the wheel, and not on the lip - you can just about see this in the image below.

2 other minor items are that an S3 would not have been delivered with an In Roddaggio (running-in) sticker in the windshield, and lastly, the "S" badge is upside down.

There are very minor transgressions which would take me 20 mins to rectify. In fact I was going to take care of these when the car the was in my care briefly, but I never got round to doing so.

Overall, the quality of 1121316's restoration is mind-blowing, and I'm glad more Countach owners are seeing this car and affirming what Ive said all along

17. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So, not such a good restoration as every thinks.. now, don't shoot me, the car is stunning and beautiful in every way. But, if these small details are not correct, then what else is not correct that can't be seen by the naked eye. As said, the devil is in the detail.

My great sadness is that with the increasing value of the cars, and condition which is stunning on this example, I cant see it being used very much. Locked up in a private collection and trailered to the odd show maybe. A real shame as the colour on this car is exceptional and to see it in motion on the highway would be a most spectacular event.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    R

18. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This car had +/- 3k miles prior to restoration, so no different than before if it is not used. However, you can argue it is more useable than prior to the restoration.

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Yea yea on paper,perhaps, in the real world. probably not,������

20. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Wtf? I thought the S thing was waaaaaay behind all us and all the restorers. It's been discussed so many times over the years that I would have thought that we would never see an upside down badge again.

With that said, I think I'm going to just double check mine right now.......agian :)

21. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    You know sometimes one can get carried away on technical details. I would not have noticed the wrong placement of a wheel label of an S3. May be it is because I am more of a driver than a collector, these very minor clues just go by me.
    Rodagio not period correct, label not at the very right place or the perfect angle, tires have a code date of 2014 not 1981 on some cars, these things should not detract us or spoil the pleasure of the beauty of a given car that otherwise looks just out the factory... well I guess it is..
    We have seen so many cars over the past decade that were outerly butchered that we sometimes have to remind ourselves to take a balanced approach in appreciating a car.
    Same as for women..

22. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Peter, no worry, it is all good. In fact please make sure your badge is upside down to let us know the car is not over-restored. I will be upset to see in in the correct position next time :).
    Just remind yourself how many cars are left un-butchered to keep some human perspective... Besides some guy even bought a car with a seize engine for close to a mill. so an S upside down... pfff..

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Actually, those items I pointed out are minor finishing cosmetic details that I see people get wrong all the time, as I said, very minor and can be rectified in minutes.

The basic restoration itself was pretty spectacular, I couldn't fault it, neither could Balboni.

A couple of misplaced or errant stickers or an upside-down badge is not a big deal.

24. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I drive all my cars....I can relate :)

25. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    Fact is, someone probably paid couple hundred thousand dollars to have that car restored, and for that price it should be done right. If you can get buy all the members on this thread with a restoration then you have passed the ultimate test in my book. If there are corrections needed then make the changes and be happy that you have these people with all this knowledge at your disposal. It's a positive, not a negative. I learn new things about the Countach all the time and welcome any and all corrections.