Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    About the Hatton fight, I did mistake it for the Hatton vs Pacquiao fight that ended in 2. My Bad. But Hatton came up in weight, like Marquez did. Mayweather fought 2 lighter weight fighters back to back. I can't believe Marquez lasted the whole fight. Another mismatch in boxing. They can't afford too many more of these. FM WAS AFRAID OF MARGARITO AND PAUL WILLIAMS!!!! It was obvious. Why else did he retire? What other punch is in boxing? Jab, Hook, Uppercut, Straight.
    Some good points not great. Some are weak. Dude, I'm not here to argue and since you only have a few posts and being new here, just to let you know this is not a cheesy Boxing forum (that your probably use to being on). This is a Ferrari Chat site where people try to get along. People do have there opinions and don't try to change them. No big deal.
    MMA is definitely the future and if you don't like it, it's OK. Maybe to violent for some. I just hope boxing can keep it together. Now speaking of boxing, Who do you think will take the Super Middleweight Tourney? I feel Kessler will win it all. I'd LOVE to see Abraham win (being a fellow Armenian) But going up in weight and all, I just can't see it. Dirrell & Ward might be overmatched here or under experienced. (hope not). It'll be interesting...

2. ruxp

ruxp Karting
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    Again, Hatton was bigger than Mayweather. Mayweather is a pretty small WW & Hatton regularly weighed in more on fight night for JW fights than Money did for 147 lb bouts.

I think he retired either because a) he was honestly disinterested or b) as a publicity stunt/something to drum up attention. I mean, he had a multi-million dollar rematch with De La Hoya looming on the horizon, and he chose not to take it. I've been saying for years that Margacheato was an overhyped bum, and predictably, he was exposed. His win over Cotto doesn't even count in my eyes.

Hookercut, cross, overhand lead, etc. But that doesn't really matter. It's a gross oversimplification of the art to say "oh there are only X number of punches so it's a simple sport."

That's cool, man. I haven't said anything to the contrary. I'm expressing my opinion, so relax. I haven't posted on a boxing forum in like half a decade, btw.

We'll see. It's not too violent for me. It's boring, imo.

I heard Abraham was drying out a lot to make 160. He's a strong little dude so I think he can handle 168 just fine, and I'm picking him to KO Taylor. But yeah, I agree that Kessler has to be the favorite; I like Abraham, but I don't think he can deal with Kessler's wicked 1-2.

Dirrell & Ward are gonna get their chins checked. Who knows, though, they might surprise us.

3. lurker80

lurker80 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    i think kelly pavlik and paul williams are suppose to fight this weekend

all paul needs to do is move to the side like hopkins and just pop em from a distance

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Great fights this weekend. Im really gonna like this Super Middleweight Tourney. Dirrel looked GREAT for stepping up to the big leagues! Froch does NOTHING for me. Abraham is one tough Mother F*****!!!!! Poor Taylor. He probably wats out of the tourney. He'll be the fighter that goes 0-3. Can't wait for the Kessler/Ward fight. Kessler will be tough to beat!

5. lurker80

lurker80 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    i didnt understand why he was on the list

6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Im going to the local pub to watch Anthony Mundine fight some bum tonight. :D:D

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Boys..............PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING "HIGHLIGHTS" OF THIS FIGHT! :eek::eek:

Was the worst fight I have seen in a long time! :p:p

Mudine needs to step up and fight Pavlik or Hopkins. If he dont, he may as well quit the sport of boxing and go back to playing football. :D:D

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    There are a few other decent fighters in this weight class that would have been a equal pick but a lesser name.
    1. Lucian Bute
    2. Allan Green
    Jermaine was in it cause of his name, being an American and his experience.

9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I really enjoyed the super 6 fights.

The Haye Fight on the 7th of novemeber and the Cotto - Pac fight a week later on the 14th - can't wait :)

10. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Pacqiauo Cotto yes. That will be a good one. Can't pick a winner there. David Haye is a fraud.

11. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    So disappointed in Pavlik. That would have been an excellent fight, it's off now with Kelly's future in doubt.

12. ruxp

ruxp Karting
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    Getting excited for Pac-Cotto. Still going with Cotto, for now.

13. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I can't wait! Right now, I'm thinking...Pacquiao ;)

14. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    This is a tough one!!!! I have no idea if Pac can handle the power & style of Cotto. Maybe his speed will override that? Can Cotto handle Pac's pace & Speed? I won't pick on this one, I like them both very much. I just hope it'll be a classic!

15. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    I think it will be a great fight. De La Hoya never really hurt Pakman and I don't think he hits much harder than Cotto. I am worried about Cotto's defense, Pakman is so fast. I am pulling for Cotto but I think Pakman will win this one. Can't wait till tomorrow night...

16. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Pacman vs Cotto I'm gonna pull for the underdog. Cotto will have to knock him out, if it goes to the punch count then the faster Pacquiao will win. I'm gonna say Cotto ko's pacman in the 8th.

We will see tonight.

17. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    This is definitely Pacquiao's toughest challenge to date but, let's face it, we're talking about a man who is likely going to become a champion at his seventh weight. This in itself is a ridiculous achievement.

Miguel Cotto has apparently been sparring with an eyepatch over his right eye, the reason being that his right eye will be closed by the sixth or seventh round. This is going to happen because Cotto is by far the weaker on his right side. Because Cotto is stronger on his lead left side; Manny will spin to his right all night, taking away Cotto's one major weapon: his strong, short left. Pacquiao's far superior footwork, breakneck speed and natural southy stance give him the edge.

I think Pacquiao will win by K.O. (or stoppage) in the ninth or tenth round.

18. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Interesting about the patch! I'm still up in the air on this one. I keep going back and forth.

19. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    SPOILER Alert!!!

Pacquiao DID IT!! After round 6 or 7 Cotto was a zombie throwing punches but no power. The ref called it in the 12th round when Cotto was wobbling and getting beat down. I guess we will be seeing Pacquiao vs Mayweather in a few months.

Pacquiao took some good hits in the early rounds and handled them well. I was impressed and think he will be a good match for Mayweather.

20. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Pacquiao is unreal. Cotto is a great fighter, but he never had a chance. He performed well in the first three or four rounds, but it was all Pacquiao after that. The guys that were backing Cotto were the same guys that were backing Hatton back in May.

Bring on Mayweather!!!

21. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    Floyd is pissing his pants right now cus he wants to duck this fight.

22. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Great performance by Pac. Ooh, I hope he Kicks Mayweathers A**!!!!!

23. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    +1 - this would be a monster fight!

24. fredhart

fredhart Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    i don't think Floyd is afraid of Pac. He's naturally bigger, with a height, weigth, and reach advantage, and is a master defensive boxer...in the vein of Pernell Whitaker and Benny Leonard. he's awfully hard to hurt.

Pac is powerful, but its really his quickness that may give floyd trouble. I think Paul Williams is a more intimidating fighter, given his own height and reach advantage, mixed with a high output of punches and true one-punch knockout power.

lot of great fighter in this division: Flyoid, Pac, Williams, and Moseley. should be interesting but floyd remains the toughest nut, being undefeated with his impenetrable defensive style.

25. ruxp

ruxp Karting
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    If the fight happens, Floyd is gonna school Pac. I'll put money on it.

Agreed, but Williams isn't at 147 anymore (he's at 160 now & I don't see him being able to make 147 again)