Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Here's Sky Sports' exclusive interview with Mayweather...

2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Can't stand the guy, Sorry!!!!!! I hope Manny kicks his a** so Bad!!!!!!Scared, he quit boxing so he wouldn't have to fight Paul Williams AND Margarito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. ruxp

ruxp Karting
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    Haha.. lots of hate for Floyd here, but if anyone wants to put $$ on the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight if it comes off, let me know. I got Floyd.

4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You REALLY like this guy don't ya? Like REALLY! That's ok , he is good. But I CAN'T STAND HIS ATTITUDE.

5. ruxp

ruxp Karting
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    Haha, nah man.. I don't LIKE Floyd. To be honest, I think that outside of the ring, he's a classless fool and a moron. But INSIDE the ring, his boxing iq, skill, and abilities are unparalleled. I love to watch him fight because he's a genius in there.

Don't get me wrong, Pac is a beast & I think he's an all-time great fighter, but he will get schooled by Floyd.

6. Vuongnguyen05

Vuongnguyen05 Karting

May 16, 2008
    Floyd has much everything to lose: his untainted record, his marketability, his swagger, etc... The Pac Man has everything to gain and a chance to solidify his right to being the best P4P boxer. In every sport, you need a bad guy who likes to trash talk and gets on everyone's nerves, but you also need a fan favorite to step up to the plate when he is called upon and hopefully he can deliver that epic performance. Man, this almost sounds like Rocky? People will ultimately chose sides, but what we really want is a good fight as these two fighters are undoubtedly the two very best at the moment. I like the Pacman more than Floyd, but I know he will get outclass by the Pretty Boy.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    OK Maybe we agree on something.

8. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It's hard to choose one over the other. They're both seriously talented and they deserve to be recognised as two of the best boxers in the history of the sport. When the two eventually fight, both will give everything they've got. I'll be happy for whoever wins but sad for whoever loses.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Armen:

I agree with you - on camera Floyd appears cocky etc.

But, the received wisdom is that its all a big act, to sell tickets to those hoping to see him get beat. In the 60s there were similar sentiments towards a loud-mouthed trash-talking guy from Louisville, and boy did he cash in.

I understand that off-camera Floyd is in fact the nicest guy, nothing like his on-camera persona. This is mirrored by the fact that in boxing circles he is known to train harder and be more dedicated than almost anyone out there.

With respect to the fight with Pac, the only way Pac comes close is if Floyd does not bring his "A" game. In fact, what the Cotto fight showed me is that these days, Pac can really get hit! Not a good thing when you're up against Mayweather. There are few boxers talented enough to be comfortably handing out a first-class whipping to a top ranked fighter whilst carrying on a conversation with the commentators outside the ring! Either way, Pac will have his work cut out...

10. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    This is true. A few of my friends saw him in a hotel a while back and whey approached him a bodyguard stopped them from getting any closer. Floyd intervened and signed autographs and posed for pictures with them. They said he was a top bloke, nothing like the guy he comes across as on camera.

11. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Go the Pacman! :D:D

That was a GREAT fight and I thought he would win. :D:D

I cant WAIT to see a Pac-Mayweather fight. It will be huge. :):)

12. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    compare common opponents

pac vs de la hoya = ownage
    pac vs hatton = ownage
    pac vs marquez = close

may vs = de la hoya decision
    may vs hatton = ownage, but much later
    may vs marquez = ownage

13. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    #138 BULL RUN, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    Although it's temping to make these comparisons...logic and boxing don't go together. It's all about match-ups. I wouldn't pick this fight, but Floyd will definitely nullify allot of Pacquiao's offense, and he's so good at it, it could be a boring fight. I don't see how the fight can live up to hype, but will be exciting anyway.

14. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Even Though this fight probably won't ever happen, I will put up a little $$ (not much of a bet'er) that Mosley will beat Mayweather. Get a hold of me if it EVER materializes...

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I have placed your contact info right on my desk. How much $ are we talking about?

17. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fight has been confirmed for March 13, 2010.

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #143 PAP 348, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I just read that also. :):)

Ive got that day noted in my calender and I will be sure to have a day off to watch it. :eek::eek:

20. 575man

575man Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    A good friend of mine was at that fight. He said there was quite a reaction from the crowd...I'd love to have been there to see that.

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think the paper of the contract and your time to write it up is more that i was gonna bet.

22. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Not bad, 3 photos in a few measley minutes

23. lurker80

lurker80 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    williams and martinez

another great fight with lousy scoring

cant believe that one judge had martinez losing so many rounds

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #149 PAP 348, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    There was a fantastic atmoshere leading up to the main event! Was a great night all around if you ask me. :):)

There was also a HUGE cheer when he Jones Jr went down. :eek::eek:

There was also a lot of shocked onlookers when the ref stopped the bout. :(:(

I was one of them......

Lol, I would have taken my camera and probably taken a few more better pics. But they usually tend to consficate cameras at events like that so I didnt risk it. When we got there, then realised that cameras were allowed so I bummed out. But I thought I will take some pics with my crappy Nokia camera phone just so I had some 'evidence' of going to the fight. :D:D

As you can see, the pics were taken JUST before the fight and the opening bell. :D:D

25. lurker80

lurker80 Karting

Nov 29, 2006