List of parts for service (30K) - also what to check? | FerrariChat

List of parts for service (30K) - also what to check?

Discussion in '360/430' started by DanNE, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    So I know there's a 30K kit, will probably look into getting this.

Changing all fluids as well: oil, coolant, brake fluid, and gearbox. Anything else? [will top off steering and F1 fluid].

What other parts, are the fuel filters checked and/or replaced?

Other than a comprehensive check and evaluation (I've asked the mechanic to look at the upper and lower ball joints for front suspension), what do you guys recommend?

Thank you all.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I always develop what I am going to do for service by check the owner's manual and the service schedule.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Fuel filters are integral to the pumps, so they're not really a discrete item. In addition to the kit contents for a timing belt change, obviously you should look carefully at the fuel system components (pumps, rollover valves, plastic ring nuts) which are known to deteriorate with age. Additionally, the waterpump and oil/water exchanger should be carefully reviewed. Other junk, like suspension ball joints, engine/trans mounts are certainly important, but they're not necessarily synchronous with a timing belt service.

4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Thanks - since the car is 2003 and hence 14 years old but only 29K miles, hence my asking about what to check *based on others' experiences* not necessarily what the service manual says.

Any other feedback?

Thank you all.

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Clutch, engine mounts, flamblocs, ball joints, top mechanism and alignment (if spider)

DanNE likes this.