LM002 RHD Rolling restoration.. will be updated regularly | Page 29 | FerrariChat

LM002 RHD Rolling restoration.. will be updated regularly

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by BlueBiturbo, Apr 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Not yet , I wasn't here yesterday , hopefully another dial in session on the ECU this evening

2. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Exhaust gas temp thermocouples installed on all 12 cylinders and lambdas installed.

Haltech technician coming on Wednesday night for a final dial in before a test drive.

We have been plagued by NEW component failures the last few weeks , ignition coil, fuel pressure regulator, fan clutch (put the original fixed fan back on) and others and trouble shooting on the rewiring (now done).

Somehow the LM consumed over 40 litres of fuel in just over an hour of running at idle and moderate rpm, could have been the fuel pressure regulator failure as the LM was running eye wateringly rich (literally hurt your eyes)

3. nickinafrica

nickinafrica Karting

Oct 10, 2013
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick Petty
    Hi Taffy, Looking at your engine compartment pictures, all looks very smart, when you changed to Haltech EFI did you keep the Weber TPI, I have had to replace the wiring to my TPI switch, and noted that it jams up against the engine oil breather that is located in front of the LH inlet cam, where did you get your new injectors from

4. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Hi Nick,

You mean the Throttle Position Switch ? I still use the old one, that is one part that I have not replaced yet (will order one very soon).

Injectors are Weber IW-031 (IIRC model 031, or maybe 022? I have to recheck on that)
    They are the same as early Diablos and many Ducati models
    Fuel injector / Green - top feed

I found the best price seller on the internet, totally forget where. I think I found it on ebay.

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Sounds like a small power plant :)
    Al Gore would love me for this :p

6. nickinafrica

nickinafrica Karting

Oct 10, 2013
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick Petty
    Correct, Throttle position sensor, I think Haltech make one that is the same spec that is half the size of the weber unit, so it would cure the clearance issue, you would need to make a mounting plate to accept the smaller screw spacing, you can see on mine a portion of the breather casting has bean machined away to help clearance!!!
    It will be interesting to see what kind of fuel consumption you get with the Haltech system compared to the original setup, a lot better I would guess.

7. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Left Cyl bank (7-12) exhaust gas temp is too low (about 50c) meaning there is very little spark on cyl 7-12.
    Right bank (cyl 1-6) EGT (Exhaust gas temp) is around 350c which is normal.

We Changed the new Jaguar distributor and new rotor with old lambo distributor and rotor, the left bank temp goes up a little bit around 100c (for cyl 9 and 12 only).

Anyone here have any ideas why all the left cyl bank has low temp ?

8. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #708 BlueBiturbo, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. nickinafrica

nickinafrica Karting

Oct 10, 2013
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick Petty
    You mentioned that it was running very rich, is it both banks or just the left one, if it is, check your fuel pressure

10. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #710 BlueBiturbo, Oct 9, 2014
  11. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #711 BlueBiturbo, Oct 9, 2014
  12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Haltech Aussie asked:
    "Is this an oddfire engine?"

I don't know the answer

13. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #713 Lambrusco V12, Oct 10, 2014
    The Lambo V12 is an even fire engine to my knowledge , odd fire has much larger variance crankshaft degrees between ignition events (see the photo below)

Ask Indra to check the cylinder compression on all cylinders , this could be a failed head gasket on the left hand cylinder bank and may have been the reason the LM was parked up for 10 years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Already compression tested two days ago, all is fine 150-155 psi

15. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    More component checks on the ignition system on the left bank ... coil , coil lead, ignition harness , ECU sensors

16. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I love these EGT thermocouples , this is great information for trouble shooting

17. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Compression sounds low , should be closer to 190 - 200 psi for a high compression engine. Anyone know the correct cold compression readings for the LM ?

18. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I just spoke to Indra , they swapped the wiring for the left cylinder bank over to the right hand coil and the engine started on the left bank and got normal 350 deg C readings , this is a coil (brand new) , coil power supply or ECU problem

19. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    These old Lambo V12s are like BMW V12s in limp mode , they can start and run on 1 cylinder bank (6 cylinders)

20. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I think there's been a screw up somewhere in the ECU sensor set up , I'll get the techs to run me through the whole set up and theory , I think they've missed something.

21. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #721 Lambrusco V12, Oct 12, 2014
  22. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    First low speed drive around the warehouse after 18 months , Indra driving and Taffy enjoying the exhaust note from the back seat.

LM002 low speed test drive

23. Lambrusco V12

Lambrusco V12 Karting

Apr 17, 2013
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #723 Lambrusco V12, Oct 13, 2014
    Ignition problem on the left bank was a distributor cap and rotor problem, now solved , the V12 is finally firing on all cylinders.

Now we to set up and balance the throttle bodies and idle circuit , running a bit rich.

Does anyone have an tech info on adjusting the throttle bodies to factory specifications ? Chad ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpVumFSV6ro

Big difference in EGT at idle which almost balances out at 3,000rpm plus so I suspect there's some imbalance of fuel flow at idle and or possibly an air leak somewhere.

At idle there's a 200 deg C difference between the left and right bank EGTs (higher EGT on the left column is the 1 to 6 cylinder bank) at 3,000rpm and higher the difference is 80 deg C , 13.9 and 13.6 is the lambda reading for the right and left banks.

The beautiful thing about the EGTs is this problem would be impossible to detect without them .

The Haltech will have a limit EGT programmed in once we test drive the LM , in the event of a high EGT event the ECU will trigger the 'check engine' warning light, limit rpm and adjust timing .

We can then download the data and see what the parameters of that event is.

Given our crappy fuel in Jakarta this is a must have to protect the engine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I will check. I cannot promise today or tomorrow though.

I'm associated with a company that does Jet A and diesel fuel filtration....I think the applications would work well for regular unleaded, but we don't market to that. I've thought for years we should. What's the fuel quality issue(s), particulates, water, both? Big problem in the states is corn is in the fuel.

25. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Mechanical adjustment still needed