Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    ok....guess it time to make a formal introduction.....

My name Alex R./28yrs old, I'm in North NJ these days..
    and I was a long time lurker before i decided to join and start posting, I don't own an F-car( but I will in the near future!), so far I've only owned a bunch of lowly BMW's (2 3series, 3 M3's, and my current 5series daily driver), I'm a big time car guy, and I do track my toys every chance i get......

recently I've had to take a break from the cars and focus on my career( I call it my "Suffer now, enjoy later!!" plan), just got into the Risks & Financial Investments arena with a very solid company, so hopefully there's a Ferrari in the very near future!!!

I enjoy this board very much and hope to contribute alot more in the future!!!

Lex.

2. Beretta

Beretta Rookie

Feb 11, 2007
    So. San Francisco CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi, My name is Anthony , I'm 19 years old and from South San Francisco, CA. I have been lurking around this site for quite a few months now. I love Ferrari's, and my goal is to own one by the time i'm 30. I've almost become addicted to this site and i dont even own a Ferrari. I just love all the info on the site.

3. BlakeAO6

BlakeAO6 Rookie

Mar 22, 2005
    Ft. Worth/Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Blake Armstrong
    I am Blake from Houston, Tx. I come by the forum every so often to check things out. I do not own a Ferrari and currently have a 06 Mercedes ML350. When I graduate from college(in 2010) I will be getting a used Ferrari. Therefore when I actually own one I'd be a WAY more active poster, it feels odd posting much without owning one.

4. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    My name is Jon, I commute between Los Angeles and San Francisco (no- not everyday even if that would be fun). I just want to say hi and thanks to all the users on this site. I just bought a 328 (pics in the tech q&a); I lurked around this site for the months leading up to buying the car and gained invaluable info.

Also, I just posted my first thread to make sure I don't do stupid stuff (already bent the antenna). This site is so helpful, and the people on it are very friendly and make the whole experience much more enjoyable.

5. full house

full house Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 26, 2007
    Is there a new model of ferrari this 2007? i checked the new models but there is

no ferrari!!! does anyone know the reason?

6. TexasToast

TexasToast Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hey everyone, this is a great forum. I have my heart set on an F-car, both a coupe and spider. I love the high RPM motors, and the few that I have listened to have sounded amazing! To me Ferrari is the pinnacle of "motoring", to borrow a phrase from some of my more experienced friends. I also see a 911 Turbo or GT3 in my future, probably in between Ferrari purchases if all goes well. :) Hopefully I will be joining the ranks of Ferrari owners here in a year or two, until then I will be reading and absorbing information as much as I can.

Again, great forum!

Aaron

7. extremetrek

extremetrek Rookie

May 16, 2006
    Prescott, AZ
    Full Name:
    John A.
    Okay well i've already made my first post in the Arizona Spotters '07 thread (check it out page 16 lots of beautiful cars). Anyways, i've been reading the forum for about a year after following a beautiful silver F430 on the 101 in Scottsdale, came here to find out more about them and been in love ever since.

No Fcar for me, im a college student, Computer Science major with a track in Space Physics, like to someday write software for Aerospace applications but we'll see, all in due time. At the moment i still have my first car a 1994 Mustang GT convertible, the little love of my life for now. Ferrari wise, my personal fave is the Enzo, but of course being realistic i'm hoping to be in a 355 or maybe a 360 sometime in the next 5 years...one can dream right?

Anyway, as a non-owner I rarely have anything to contribute but I love me some reading and dreaming!

8. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Everybody can dream. Just set your mind into it and there's a great chance you will succeed!

Anyways, welcome to F-Chat and enjoy your stay!

9. Strahdolly

Strahdolly Rookie

Sep 13, 2005
    I've been a Ferrari enthusiast for quite a while and have finally purchased my first Ferrari. It's a 1:18 scale 360 Stradale. Eventually I'll have the funds to own a real one. I've had the opportunity to flog a 360 for a few days and I've been lovestruck with Ferrari's ability to create automotive hedonism ever since. It's good to see that there are thousands of others that share the same sickness.

10. FunElan

FunElan Rookie

Apr 4, 2007
    Hey everyone, I'm a young car enthusiast who just bought his first car, a 1969 BMW 1600. I've grown up with my Father's 1969 Lotus Elan for my entire life, and that's what started me off. I joined Fchat because I like Ferraris too, and because you can't see pictures without being a registered member. ;)

-Matt in Manhattan Beach, CA

11. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Hi, my name is John and I am a car-holic.

I am 25 and live in Houston, TX. I am focusing nearly all my time on my business right now and hanging out here helps me keep my goals in front of me. I WILL own a Ferrari before 30, probably a 360 Spider to start, then an F50 down the road.

You cant get what you want if you dont know what you want.

-John

12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Welcome John, wish you all the best on your business and glad to hear you got your priority organize. So you will be 30 in how many years from now?

13. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Got five years to go and so far so good. Thanks for the welcome. Ive had a good time here so far. Its really a different crowd from the Camaro/Firebird board I also frequent.

14. Dilemma

Dilemma Rookie

Sep 11, 2006
    Hello all. My name is Thomas, I am 45. I have owned two Corvettes, a big block Chevelle, Formula Firebird, and currently, own a 2000 SL500 MB.

I was VERY close to buying a 308 GTS.

Im also working on a private pilot certificate. A mans gotta have goals,,,

15. Dilemma

Dilemma Rookie

Sep 11, 2006
    Hello all. My name is Thomas, I am 45. I have owned two Corvettes, a big block Chevelle, Formula Firebird, and currently, own a 2000 SL500 MB.

I was VERY close to buying a 308 GTS.

Im also working on a private pilot certificate. A mans gotta have goals,,,

16. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Welcome to F-Chat! You have found the right place. :) Just think positive at all times and you'll get that 308 in no time! Good luck and see you around.

17. BRENZ06

BRENZ06 Karting

Nov 10, 2006
    West New York
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    Hello all, Names Brendan. Been lurking for about awhile. Alwalys loved Ferrari's ever since my sister brought me back a small red model 288 GTO from Rome when I was 7. I am currently driving an 03' Z06. My original goal was to get my first vette by 30 but I am 5 years early so I decided its time for a new goal.

Would love to get a 355 or a 360 in the next 5 years. Red of course

-Brendan

18. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hello all, I have been lurking on this site for quite a while. My name is Brian and I live in Louisville, KY.

I have been fascinated with Ferraris for as long as I can remember, or at the very least since I saw Christie Brinkley in one in National Lampoons Vacation. I currently drive a Saab but have a goal to get an F-car in the next 5 years or hopefully sooner. I really like the 355, 328 and 308.

There is a wealth of infomation here and I look forward to posting (and lurking) around some more.

19. Giallo12

Giallo12 Rookie

Jan 22, 2007
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Hey everyone,
    My name is Andrea and I'm originally from Rome but have lived a bit everywhere (world – not country), and currently I live in Germany.
    Planning on getting a Ferrari in 2 years time. Looking ideally at an F430, but if life goes really well a 599.
    Ciao.

20. SeanE55-AMG

SeanE55-AMG Rookie

Apr 21, 2007
    Glen Carbon, IL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I'm new. I have a 99 E55 AMG and a Factory Five Roadster (pretend cobra).

One of these days I'd like a 328, Dino, 550, 575, or F40 - Yes it is a range from just saving for a few years to start a sucsessful buisness or win the lotto...

21. technic_1210

technic_1210 Rookie

Nov 29, 2005
    Dublin/Letterkenny
    Full Name:
    Conor
    Hello Lads,

My name is Conor. I am 20 and come from Ireland. I am a massive Ferrari fan, I dont own a Ferrari but I will own one some day. I have been registered for ages but only started lurking a few weeks ago and only noticed this thread so I decided fire up a post.

Anywho,
    Hello from myself and I hope I contribute something worthwhile to the Forum.

Thanks

22. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Count me in,

been lurking for a couple months. I have been contemplating getting a 308 ('78-'79 of '84-'85, red/tan of course) for a couple years. I had placed this goal on the back burner, because I just bought a new 335 (not yet here, but soon).
    That all changed when I met a group of Ferrari guys in Richmond this weekend. One guy, Keith I think was his name, had a yellow 308. He told me how much he loved it, etc. Now I'm hosed and need to get one in the next couple of months or stop sleeping, whichever. I'm moving in the next 6 weeks, so I'll wait until I get settled in NC, then get serious.

Christian
    soon to be resident in Winston Salem, NC

23. sharp108

sharp108 Rookie

Oct 25, 2005
    puyallap
    Hey everyone. My name is mike. im only 15 and dont have nearly enough money to buy a car muchless a ferrari, my dad has a 308 that i have yet to drive on the rode but im really into ferrari's and all sorts of cars. i go to all the ferrari events i can just because when i get there it just makes me happy. everyone with ferrari's seem to be so nice and im very glad to be here. i cant wait till the next ferrari event i get to go to.

btw i know my spelling is horrible but i have like 2 mins till the end of class so i wanted to post this before i leave. until i get back on cya!

24. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I think it's awesome that so many lurkers are coming out of the woodwork and joining the conversations.

25. 348wannabe

348wannabe Rookie

May 5, 2007
    ...about to plunge in the world of 348s