malaysian Ferrari owners? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

malaysian Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Remy Zero, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    hey all. when i was in college earlier, i dropped by the campus's bookshop and there was this mag, ' buy a car ' or something was the name of it. the cover was a briliant 575M. inside there was this special interview with mokhzani. says everything, from his Enzo, his pagani, F40, F430, CGT, etc. it seems the fastest he went was in his pagani, 300 km/h. his fav car is the enzo. says it's good to maintain. shut it off for 3 weeks and can still fire up w/out any problem. he also says how his F40 crashed twice. and he gave a detail description how it crashed into a palm tree. :D :D

2. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Sori, lewat sikit nak reply to this thread.

Fengtau, I commute between California and Ipoh; sort of like Tifosi66, except I have to cross the Pacific each time.

I have a fancy for the 12-cylinder F-cars. Currently, I have a F355B in the states but reading between the lines, I might bermastautin in Ipoh sometime in the near future. Unlike tifosi66, I already know I'm addicted ;) so I'm not going to risk going cavallino-less.

The 456GT has a similar reputation in the states, but guess what, the F355B isn't sinless either. If you read every "bad" thing about them, you wouldn't touch 'em. The 456GT owners that I know of seem to think very highly of their cars ... but these guys could have been lucky. I know one dude with over 50,000mi (80,000km) on his 1995 456GT. Outside of the routine maintenance and the window recall, he has nothing bad to warn me about.

Is Naza the only source for these cars? What's TDI?

3. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Hehe! Problem is, I was a Pcar kaki before jumpin' onto the Fcar bandwagon and I always have lotsa love for Porsches, although lotsa lusts for Ferraris. At one time, not long ago, about two years back, I had both...a Rosso Corsa 355B in KL and an arena red 993tt in Dalian, China. How 'financially cavalier' can yer get!!! Jual the tt to my Norwegian engineer who still has it and planning to bring it back to Norway..(cars there are as expensive if not more than KL/SG). Bini punya marah cos she dinna know what I was getting in CN since I underdeclared my 'income' to her...'Perang Dayak' if you can say...!

TDI ? TTDI is Taman Tun Dr Ismail...hehe! TDI is VW Speak for TurboDiesel Injection!

NEXT Cars is the official Ferrari dealer for MY. But you can cross purchase from NAZA which normally is cheaper since they bring in the 'grey imports'....and can go round the system via the 'used' AP format. NAZA/NEXTCARS are owned by the same dude....

Nizam, my colours are firmly nailed to the mast now. Hafta go the Fcar way for peace of mind...hehe!

4. Spaing77

Spaing77 F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Johore..
    Full Name:
    War Zone Developer

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia

whahahahah ...

6. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Kome orang Perak juge..ate sekape(sekapal) kite...hehe.Ni mesti rindu tempoyak punya nih...

Kazuya...Isk explained on behalf....hehe
    Anyways,AT still my big boss...Tan Sri,NC's Chairman.

7. Spaing77

Spaing77 F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Johore..
    Full Name:
    War Zone Developer

Is it Tan Sri or Tan Seri?

is it just a diff in language? Malay versus English? Just curious

8. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Tan Sri

9. Spaing77

Spaing77 F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Johore..
    Full Name:
    War Zone Developer
    Lung

is it time yet?

10. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
  11. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia

both those cars have been there since time immemorial.

ie :-

"Time immemorial is time extending beyond the reach of memory, record, or tradition. The implication is that the subject referred to is, or can be regarded as, indefinitely ancient. ... In English law, time immemorial means a time before legal history, and beyond legal memory ... to have defined the period before 1066."

okay , maybe 1066 is an exaggeration ... hey .... I can't count for sheet.

12. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Nizam..
    450k a bit steep for a 50kkm '95....make it VERY steep indeed. Tired too and red on red...
    360k for that condition and mileage, 380k tops for '95. Fengtau should know the good ones for sale. Once he acknowledged it, consider PPI half done...
    Er..the Giallo 348 is a ts..not a spider. There used to be a 348 spider for sale at 300k...from Ipoh, kampung halaman kome...

Kome tak balik musim derian ke..or like some more hardcore Sg Perak Riverine ppl would say..'deghoyan'...

My dad's a Perakian too and kampung kat Sayung Lembah. Sedara banyak kat Kati and Kuala....I once blew some cobwebs in the Tubis from 'tay-pen' to Changkat Jering...and the tunnel..woohoo!

13. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    I dinna say that the Porker's going away did I....? hehe! That's why I buy used...TWO for the price of one. Can't afford new ones unless prepared to stay all alone in a rented low cost flat...hehe!

14. Spaing77

Spaing77 F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Johore..
    Full Name:
    War Zone Developer

excellent choice

15. pistole

pistole Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2005
    Malaysia

Waahahahaha !!!

I laughed at that !!!!

16. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Banyak bebeno orang Perak sini.
    Because of rare 355 in red interior in MY,i thinks i know this car.Rosso is not the original,Silver.VIN may help.
    BTW,RM450 is too much for '95 model.
    I though we talk about "12 silindre".....hehehe...

17. kazuya369

kazuya369 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    KL/Sg
  18. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Saje tengok. Window shopping le katakan :D

19. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Fengtau,

kalau kome senang on an off day, like Sunday ke, sometime next month, boleh ke aku bawa kome buat PPI? I'll rather pay a friend than a dealer!!! There's a rosso corsa unit that I've been eyeing but the bugger refuse to give me the VIN...Er..the 'bugger' is a Dato'.... Even the number plate is taken off. Car is in Damansara Heights....'Rege' berpatutan...

20. kazuya369

kazuya369 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    KL/Sg
    hi there nizam or tifosi, if u are looking out for pre-owned ferraris, i know of this site www.jtcars.net which have a couple of cars for sale and you may also want to check out Ultratune at Glenmarie Shah Alam, as they have a couple of units like 355 and 360s for sale. haha i am notaffiliated whatsoever in any of those firms..just wanna help you all widen your options :)

tifosi, so u r torn between two lovers eh??(P or F) What's the pros and cons between both anyway(based on your experience)??? In terms of driveability,reliability etc other than the price diff?

21. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh my, that Porsche 356C looks delicious!

Quite a few Caterhams! Looks like Sg is boring compared to those.

22. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    No problem,bro!You don't have to pay me,the tarik is enuff.Then aku bole kenalkan kau dengan Ferrari members yang selalu buat bising kat KLCC tunnel,every weekend.Hehe..
    Nizam,from our history file, only one 348Spider somewhere in Ipoh town(lady owner) and there's a Maserati 3200gt(one & only in Manual trans) in Tambun.Might be you know them..Then,bila mau balik MY?
    Pistole,are you involve in Intergra Cup?Heard a few Johorean racer participate..
    Kazuya...when you mentioned about UltraTune,Steve Chong automatically in my mind.Well,ayone looking for Capristo,Ultratune is a dealer.

23. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Oih, memang le keme suka deghoyan :D

My wife on the other hand (omputeh) would rather quarantine me to the porch for two straight days when I DO have some deghoyan!!!

OKey, balik borak pasal F-cars and P-cars: Fengtau, tifosi66, kazuya, pistole, nanti this summer, before bulan posa aku balik jap. We just added a 156GTA to the ever increasing Alfa fleet so I'll have something to go to TT in!

24. Fengtau

Fengtau Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Huh!kaki alfa juga..

25. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Trevor,
    I know JTcars and Steve. So do Fengtau....Nice cars they have but the problem is the way they (JT) sell Fcars...." You want a 355B? What for ? Might as well get the 348. A 355 should be a Spider...." They're pro-Pcars anyways. Jeffrey is great, not the idiot who's in sales...

Yep, Steve wil sell you Capristos....

Ok Fengtau, consider it done....

Nizam,
    GTA...woohoo! TT= Teh Tarik? If I'm domiciled abroad, wife and kids with me that is...I'd never buy a Pcar even, much less an Fcar in Malaysia. Sedih!!! Kira gua boleh beli F40 dah....