malaysian Ferrari owners? | Page 64 | FerrariChat

malaysian Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Remy Zero, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ericoyh26

ericoyh26 Karting

Nov 9, 2008
    Penang, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Eric Ong
    Thanks lots KevinMartin88...really appreciate u gave me that information... thanks :)

2. iam2cute

iam2cute Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    Kuala Lumpur/China
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Aaronm...was just looking at the showroom section and just found out the 348 with the capristo exhaust you were talking about at jagsclassic.com acctually belongs to you... :D Nice ride though.. :)

3. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1578 SFchallenge, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Hiya Jon La Murtheealargo Piloti,

I knew the cars are at Talacrest. Even IF (and a friggin' big IF..:D) I can afford to buy it from TC, the MY duties/taxes will cause great griefs... On top of it, being in Limbo-land of used cars (neither > 25 years, thus qualifying for vintage nor < 5 years for normal AP usage) I gotta go and have an 'audience' with the JPJ and explain on why should or must they allow me to bring in the cars. For the amount spent and converted into GBP, cheaper for me to most prolly buy the car in UK and get a small holiday cottage in the Cotswolds and park the car there. Servicing of an Efforty and Effifty is gunna be tough in MY as well.

You, on the other hand can buy either or both. For the MM2H program, you can bring in just about any ONE car sans tax/duties, age of vehicle doesn't matter. A 1905 RR Silver Ghost or a 2009 Scud, bring it on.......;)

5. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1580 SFchallenge, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    Da ge, I think I can only afford the poster for my office wall which is a tad empty now :D

But your idea of keeping it there & buy a property with the remains sounds like a better deal & a good reason to go UK!

On the pic, I thought the gear shift lever is a tad filmsy & too long for such a beast. Wonder if they did any mod for the race spec.

6. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    For the LM/GTE racers as prepped by Michellotti, they used the X-Trac sequential box. No paddles but rather a tall stick that goes forwards and backwards, single plane. Clutch only for first gear takeoffs IIRC.

7. amran888

amran888 Rookie

Sep 26, 2007
    KL
    Any last gatherings for the year?

8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i was in my mum's house in USJ, and then i heard a low growl, loud enough for me to hear altho i was across the road, i looked up and saw an F430 Scuderia with aftermarket wings. i started my car, dorve as fast as i could to the junction, just to watch him floor it thru the main road.

It's the 1st time i'm seeing an F430 Scuderia in person. it's beautiful, curvy, and my God the sound...

can't figure if it's Hamman tuned or whatever. it had the stock rims, but with the aftermarket wing. if the owner is a lurker here, u have a very beautiful car sir. :D

9. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Scud with a wing? why would anyone want that extra on a scud......

10. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    U sure it was a scud?

11. ispizari

ispizari Rookie

Dec 21, 2008
    Hello My name's Harmain..... and is ther anybody (owner's ferrari) willing to rent his ferrari ?. I find it very expensive (> RM400 per hour) prior in the market rate...
    Anybody...

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

Positive. It had the Scud wheels, high exhausts, 'Go Faster' stripes, and it was loud as hell. plus, it was just across the road. bout 30/40 meters away from me. never got a chance to have a look at the plates. a young Malay gentleman tho.

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #1588 SFchallenge, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
    Hi Harmain or anyone interested in renting a Ferrari for that matter. I can't afford one now but even if I'm an owner, I will not rent it out even @ Rm1000/hr (depending on model). There's too much risk involved. Stolen, crashed, damaged, scratched etc etc etc.... & Ferrari parts don't come cheap. Lastly, I doubt any insurance company will cover an "any driver policy" for it other than under a company's name & under fleet insurance or that class. But if you have a die-hard buddy, it comes free :)

14. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    hmmm sad he put some proton wing on the Scud. :)

15. DrPitchard

DrPitchard Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Pwoton punya quality skrang manyak bagut tau.... ><"

16. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

but trust me, it didn't look too bad.

17. kazuya369

kazuya369 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    KL/Sg
    #1592 kazuya369, Dec 23, 2008
    Remy bro, i guess what you saw was this?

It's definitely better than a 430 Scuderia, i mean it's an Enzo eater hehe

Check this out : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eY82ndS1lJg

If anyone is interested, just send a PM and I'll give details how to purchase this baby, or even fully mod your standard F430 to this masterpiece(takes more than a week to mod). My guess is there should be more units running around in Bolehland pretty soon. I think the centre is located somewhere in Ampang.

Specs :

Power: 520Kw ( 707hp )/8350rpm
    Max Boost Pressure: 0.48 bar
    Max Torque: 712Nm/6300rpm
    Top Speed: 348km/h (with Novitec gear-ratio)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
  19. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Kun Theera, tru dat. Battleship Grey with red pinstripe. But it's original colour was Rosso Corsa, then HRH got it refinished by the factory in satin/drab finish grey.

20. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    U lucky duke!

That grey would be very interesting but looks like they returned it back to "re-sale red", wonder if the UK credit crisis & weak pound now makes these "cheaper" :)

21. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Ummm, I remember having an extremely long look at the pony before heading off down the country road, thinking about the reasons HRH having the pony in that dull colour scheme. The colour was close to being matt in finish which provided little reflection, which I felt was such a shame for a pony that's so rare.

22. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    #1597 theera, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    It was left in that battleship grey for about 3 years at Talacrest. From my understanding, there was no serious interest due to the colour, and also because of its offered price being way over the range for the standard spec model.

Oh, did I mention the fact that the interior is also not what it was when I drove it.......back then it was like a really highend pony, you know with the Testarossa seats, carpets, electric windows, sound proofing and etc.

23. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    damn..i'm speechless! Merry Christmas guys!

24. murcie

murcie Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    kuala lumpur
    Full Name:
    hakimi
    #1599 murcie, Dec 25, 2008
  25. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia