Maserati Levante | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Maserati Levante

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wings, Oct 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Well, I signed up for a test drive next weekend.

Itching to add something new to the stable.

Kai

2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2016 European Levante sales:-

March – 33
    April – 1
    May - 6
    June – 86
    July - 199
    August – 228
    September - 382
    October - 407
    Total – 1342

3. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Looks quite encouraging. I presume the figures are actual deliveries to customers, not orders, or?

4. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    How ironic, I just saw one of these on I-66 West today on the way to the office. Meh... Nice, but not too exciting. Nice alternative to all the other SUVs out there. I hope the interior is nicer than the current Ghibli, which I feel is a real let-down for a car of this calibre.

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Even jeeps aren't very jeepy these days. Some of the models are basically econo boxes. These companies are diluting their brands and eventually there is a cost to that.

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This Jeep idea has been debunked so many times already, get a clue before posting.

7. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Actual deliveries.

Sales are picking up, but with winter arriving they may take a dip.

8. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    The arrival of winter usually means that SUV sales pick up, convertibles and sports cars not so much. The month of December is the strongest month of the year for luxury car sales.

9. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Perhaps for Europe, but for the USA November sales dipped:-

USA Maserati Levante sales:-

August - November 2016

Aug - 91
    Sep - 387
    Oct - 501
    Nov - 331
    Total - 1310

10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I like it. I would like to know if potential buyers are or did consider the new Jag suv too. I'm thinking that at would be a good class comparison. I'm planning on moving into something this summer.

My wife drive the Ghibli and loves it, 30k+ miles no problems, I drive a '15 JGC and love it, so FCA auto group is doing something right imo.

11. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    We considered the new Jag SUV....we have a 2014 Porsche Cayenne Diesel......I thought the Jag was a step down from the porsche....well, maybe a few steps......Then I saw the new Volvo SUV next to it...it looked like the Jag sort of.......the Jag just didn't do it for me, although my wife liked the seats.....THEN, we saw the Levente....hands down a big step up and so Pretty....Yeah, its about 10K more....but you get 3 times the car. ....Plus, I'm a Ferrari man and the Sound of the Levente did it for me.....I think it will be hilarious to go thru the Albertson's parking lot in sport mode 2, holding 1st gear, and having a SUV sound like a Ferrari :D:D ........How can I pass that up? :D Some things in life are just priceless :D

12. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Overall USA sales were up over 20%. Unfortunately they lost 6 days of sales due to a software update issue in the infotainment unit which incorporates the backup camera. Feds considers this a safety issue and a stop sale was issued until all cars were updated. Btw Porsche, Mercedes BMW were all down in November.

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Thanks for the software update.

Ferrari also dipped but back up for November.
    Aug - 249
    Sep - 212
    Oct - 150
    Nov - 179

14. LOTUS1

LOTUS1 Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    Rancho Mirage
    A little tip for anyone looking for the "perfect" Levante.

1. Make sure you pick a car that has the exterior body color which is a stand alone option if you do not get the sport or luxury package. Otherwise you get a black plastic trim piece that goes around the wheel well, lower trim piece and front and rear..also the rear fin is black versus same body color.

2. Unless you go aftermarket wheels, stay away from 19" since it looks awful. OEM 20" & 21" gives it a better look IMO.

3. If you go with the sport pack you have the option of getting the roof rail, front grill, rear middle lower bumper and skid plates in either black or chrome although I don't know why they call it chrome because its more like an aluminum finish look.

The drivers assistance package is worth it to me but just a little friendly tip to help you in your quest. :)

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

would anyone be considering the 500 plus hp alfa romeo stelvio?

16. AlfaMale

AlfaMale Rookie

Nov 29, 2016
    You won't see that car until probably the 3rd quarter next year. At the same time don't be surprised if the levante gts is available with 500 plus hp.

17. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Saw two Levante's this week, they look a million times better in the flesh, great presence.

18. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Just saw one in our neighborhood. Thought it was an Infinity until I saw the crown.

19. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    #69 any_1, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Do you mean an infinit with Maserati logos?

21. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    saw a levante in the flesh today. looked very similar to a mazda cx9. is it possible to post side by side pix?
    also, does the levante share its platform with any other maker.

22. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Gotta say I am severely underwhelmed and unimpressed. I had planned on purchasing one when I first heard about them. I had expectations of an awesome looking SUV with an exhaust like the GT. I was going to order one to spec.
    When the pictures first came out, I literally said, oh no, surely not. Decided it was best to wait and see.
    IMO, not only did they not even attempt to come up with some unique design, it looks as if the purposefully copied the Infinity. The angles, the lines, the size. I don't see these things selling in an already overcrowded segment.

23. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    They are selling exceptionally well and above expectations. On the secondary market they are selling at 5k over MSRP.

24. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #75 WILLIAM H, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017