Mayweather/McGregor | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Mayweather/McGregor

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jul 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who will win?

1. McGregor

2. Mayweather

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Connor will find more financial success if the fans find it to be a close fight. Purposely losing a match is short term gain.

The million dollar question is if Connor will continue to fight in the UFC after having a taste of much larger payouts for what he calls "half a fight." He will want to continue boxing and try to milk it for as long as he can. In order for him to do so, he must perform well... win or lose. For this reason, it is highly unlikely he will throw a fight. His marketing prowess will decline tremendously.

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    McGregor vs. GGG anyone?

3. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Who is GGG?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I'm not sure people will have a big appetite for him in boxing considering he'll be losing against anyone remotely good and it'll change peoples perception of him being an elite fighter.

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    GGG would punch Connor's head off his body. :eek::eek:

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z-YUG9ziSs[/ame]

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I already called it a few posts ago. Why Not! He fought Diaz at 170.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    We'll have to see how he does against FM first. That's what I say about the FM fight. NOBODY knows!

9. steve_400i

steve_400i Rookie

Aug 15, 2017
    If I had to put money on this, it would be hard to bet against Mayweather. He has made a career out of not losing, and avoiding taking hits. McGregor however has some power and a wide variety of tools. My kids who wrestle and love MMA have attempted to explain how it is FM who comes into this match the underdog as the up and comer will show. I guess this is why it makes a great PPV event as there will be many attempting to justify their belief.

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Gloves have been switched to 8oz. Who does it favor?

11. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Conner. He's use to fighting in lighter gloves. And mayweather has broken his hands in the past.

12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    This is the problem with boxers, they punch so damn hard that damaged & broken hands are common.

13. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I don't know about that. FM's key to winning is his speed. He's lightning fast and now has the throw around 2oz less, so I really cannot decide who this favors. It's good for both of them. It plays into McG's power game and plays into FM's speed game.

But, I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong. The sports books definitely think it favors McG. The odds moved IMMEDIATELY after the announcement was made.

Mark

14. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
    I still think fm has a 90% of winning. But the lighter gloves definitely doesn't favor him. His hands are more delicate then conners. I'm actually really surprised fm agreed to the lighter gloves. The way I see it is this fight is a win win for Conner and a major win for fm. Fm needs the cash and 300mil will go along way to solving his current money issues. Any one else notice all his cars are suddenly for sale? He's hurting for this payday. Conner hasn't broken his hands with even lighter gloves and he punches hard af. Fm is faster but I feel lacks the knockout power that Conner has. If Conner somehow wins there will be a rematch and both fighers will make what fm is making this fight. Boxing is all fm has over Conner. In a mma or any other style fight Conner would destroy fm. The fact vegas odds moved due to the glove weight changing is all the proof anyone needs to see who benefits from the change. Conner isn't going to win on points he needs to hurt fm to throw him off his game and knock him out for a win. Either way I don't see Conner going back to mma unless the money is huge.

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    We will see what happens mate. :)

16. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I don't think it will matter to much. He will pocket close to 100 million either way. That's enough cash to live on for years. Remember this guy used to be on welfare.

17. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Have you seen the way McG spends money?? He's one tiger away from being Mike Tyson. :D

Mark

18. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
    I think you mean mayweather not Conner. How do you get a few hundred million amd not pay your tax bill? He still owes from his last payday. Fm at have already spent more money then Tyson did.

19. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    FM.

Nope.

Every pro boxer I know has broken their hands, they just try to make sure you don't know about it!

Exactly.

You'll be able to hear those things 'swish' in the ring.

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Watched Augie Pantellas break his hand and a guy named Contreras's jaw with the same punch in the late 70's.

Needless to say, he won that one, and he could hide his broken hand until he got into the locker room. Not sure how Contreras continued with a busted jaw, but he did. Augie had his entire hand in a bucket of ice water by the time we got back there. The other guy was horizontal on a table getting checked by the doc.

Neither one looked much like a winner that day.

D

21. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Ali vs Norton.

22. f_399

f_399 Karting

Oct 11, 2009
    Canelo and GGG are getting close.

Lomachenko is entertaining to watch.

Boxing still has the $$$ over UFC and it's not even close. Sometimes I don't understand it.

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Alright guys. So what are the best money odds you guys have found for Mayweather? Seems to be 5 to 1, but I've heard as low as 4 to 1. Thinkin' about placing a $1000 bet for an easy $200 and somethin' to cheer for while watching the fight :)

24. joker57676

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    4-1 is about as good as I've seen lately, but I expect more and more money to pour in on McG as the Irish contingent gets to town. I think by fight time we'll be at 3.5-1.

Mark

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Hmmm. Wondering if should play the waiting game. $1050 to win $300 sounds nice :).