Mondials For Sale | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    It has a lot of problems, and to pay someone to fix those problems would be very, very expensive. A huge money pit

However, this would make a good project for someone whom has some home DIY skills (and tools). This would make it a small money pit, but a huge time/effort pit.

If I was retired (coming within 7 years), I'd offer $10k and spend the next 3-5 years happily tinkering on the car. Wouldn't be in any hurry as I already have a fantastic Mondial to drive.

Another alternative, that someone mentioned above, is to buy it as a parts car. I think for $7 to $10K and them part it out. I'd hate to see that. Much rather see someone rescue this poor car.

Sid

2. Milkyboy

Milkyboy Karting

Jun 23, 2015
    Been on the market a long time... They dropped the price about 3 months ago I think. An f chatter was thinking seriously about it but by the looks of things hasn't gone through with it. Don't know why. It looks a reasonable price on the face of it as they were including a major... Though looked a little worn for the mileage from the pics I thought.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Sid, I love your optimism!! I've taken a look at this car and called about it. ANYONE thinking this could be a good project or could be possibly brought back to life is sorely mistaken.
    This is a 100% parts car, nothing more. I have seen better examples taken to parts dealers.
    Even if you owned a Ferrari dealership and had access to free maintenance this would still be a very very bad investment/project. Better off buying a $50K example when the market says $50K is what a Mondial coupe should be, and that won't be very long.
    What you don't see in the pictures is all the electronic wires need to be replaced, meaning it will cost you 5 figures alone just to see the lights go on. I'll just leave it at that ;)

4. bookapro

bookapro Rookie

Nov 7, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga USA
    Full Name:
    Ej
    I am preparing to sell my 89 Mondial T. Thought I'd give a preview here for anyone interested.

White with Navy top and interior. All original car that has not been monkeyed up with strange "upgrades". It had a 30k service at 18k due to its age. It currently has 21k. It is mechanically awesome and a joy to drive.

Amazing air suspension, new tires, new battery, cold Ac, original tool kit, nice top with updated latches, records dating back to purchase in Atlanta when it sold for $50k over sticker. There is even a piece of chrome in the footwell that still has the original shipping plastic on it. $5,000 Period correct radio and Cd changer. Car cover. https://vimeo.com/152084155

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If this car interests you I'm happy to chat with you about it more. PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number. Car is in Atlanta and will be listed at $43,600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Interesting color combo. And this is the best place to sell (knowledgeable buyers, easier communicating). Only $15 to list it in FerrariAds.

6. MMC415

MMC415 Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Thanks, I'll try and do dome more homework...

7. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Love the blue interior! Car looks great.

8. bookapro

bookapro Rookie

Nov 7, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga USA
    Full Name:
    Ej
    Yeah the blue top is sweet too. It was too cold to drop it yesterday. I'll put it in the classified section when I list it in a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Absolutely stunning!!!

10. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    I do not plan to sell my 1986 Prugna Metalica Cab but will tell everything that is good about it and everything that is bad and ask opinions.

1) Mileage is about 56k miles. Five K miles to new cam belts which I will not do. Every last best failure I have read about was a new installation. These belts look like they belong in an M-1 Abrams main battle tank.
    2) New Bosche starter with WR1 relay. Starts first time every time.
    3) Runs like a Swiss watch and runs like a scaled hound.
    4) Entire clutch system was rebuilt 10k miles ago, is smooth and positive.
    5) All four CV joints are new. It was a hell of a diss-assembly.
    6) The sun roof was apparently corrected by previous owner and works flawlessly.
    7) All brake pads are near new, and the front rotors are new.
    8) Tranny is first rate in all respects.
    9) The driver side window lift is as solid as can be.
    10) Passenger side window was dead three years ago but has yet to get the message. It has not deteriorated and still works. I also have, I hope and pray, actually found a workable crank.
    11) Rare and gorgeous Prugna Metallica paint that is shiny.
    12) I mistakenly activated my wipers in the dry and they actually did a full sweep on dry windows and then parked. And I swear; I never sprinkled Our Lady Of Lourdes Water on them.

Bad Stuff
    1) Both heater fan and heater temp are intermittent.
    2) Both doors have parking lot dings. Estimate of $600 for repair.
    3) None of the courtesy lights are working.
    4) Just about every warning light on the central panel lights up. I never paid them any attention for the last three years.
    5) This might be a good thing or a bad thing. The oil gets very very dirty very fast. The good possibility is this is a deliberate loose build which would account for its speed. And I mean this car does 90mph in the 1/8 mile. Repeated runs from 60 to 120 indicated just did not match the published numbers. At least by my one potato two potato counts. I was not simply missing a couple of potatoes but half the crop.
    6) I do not know if the radio works because I have never turned it on.
    7) Engine runs cool. The entire cooling system is depressurized with 60/40 glycol and the only time the temps rise is at idle and the fans come on at 230F.
    8) I got a serious main seal leak two years ago but my various stop leaks worked entirely. I will add another bottle this year.
    9) A/C has never worked, do not know why it does not work. Never needed it and never cared.

When I bought this car about three years ago it was the most expensive one available at the time. I liked the Prugna Metalica color. Everything mechanical about it has improved since I bought it and it was not bad at that time. Interior is fine and has not deteriorated.

One reason I am making this declaration is that should I croak and the car goes up for sale it will have a history. Frankly, this car is so much fun I would likely not sell it for $50,000.

11. drfink

drfink Karting

Oct 8, 2015
    Roanoke VA
    Full Name:
    Dean Fink

I spoke with them about this car last month when it was listed on eBay, they told me it needed very little, then I asked when the last major service had been done and any documentation, nothing, also asked how it ran, it doesnt run, I didn't even realize all of the lug bolts that are missing!

12. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Agreed on all above
    "Could use some minor cosmetics."
    LOL
    WOW.

Yep. and assuming some poor slob BUYS it as is, they have a $65,000 Mondial 8.

13. porchnut

porchnut Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2014
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bober
    Looks like the reserve has been lowered and bids are up to $12,500. Pretty amazing for one that needs a LOT of work. Maybe the bidders are thinking parts car.
    Andy

14. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Some poor soul thinks he is going to get a FERRARI (gulp) for the prices of a used pickup truck .. even as a parts car it's overpriced.

15. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    That red Mondial reminds me of a Pontiac Fiero.

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    89 T coupe for sale at Toyota of Watertown I found it on Boston Craigslist. I'm thinking it is the same one that was at F.O.N.E. awhile back.

17. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    What could possibly be the explanation for the missing lug bolts?

18. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    The owner needed them for his daily driver.
    LOLOLLLLL

19. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Owner was working on the car and needed to take the wheels off frequently and got tired of taking all five off every time...? Just on there to move it around the shop.. a fair amount of reasonable reasons.

20. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Let's hope that's what the high bidder is thinking, and there's money to be made that way, otherwise he will need serious counseling. LOL.

21. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #521 Wade, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have that set up with Ebay and it works OK, no junk or spam, wonder what happened to your settings?
    Alden

23. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Just ebay messing around, my guess. I you leave things alone or unattended they want to you "interact". They did the same with my Ducati Monster saved search. Both have been running for several years.

Otherwise, you guess is as good as mine.

24. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
  25. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe