More F430 Pictures... (put new F430 pics here) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

More F430 Pictures... (put new F430 pics here)

Discussion in '360/430' started by 134282, Sep 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Should he be? ... what do you think my charge out rate should be?

$100 per hour would be a good start ... ;)

Pete

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Is TOTALLY funtional....the rads are there....

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

From what I have read of the engineering and technology in the 430, almost nothing is purely cosmetic, as it was with the 360. The new front inlets look like those used on Ferrari Challenge cars and other racing front intakes. The larger more raked scoops on the rear quarters are all for greater airflow to the engine and the brakes. The fact that it is stunning comes from the fusion of Pininfarina's hand with Ferrari's engineering. As for it shouting that it's a fast car, what else could it do? What else could an F-18 or F-16 look like but a swift, lethal bird of prey? For that matter, what else could a falcon or an eagle do but shout that they are swift, lethal birds of prey?
    Perhaps you would prefer the 430 looked staid and square, like a Bentley or a Benz, where there is no relationship between form and function. Thankfully, Ferrari will never do that.

Forza,

Cavallini

4. ASU SAE

ASU SAE Karting

Aug 8, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    T
    I agree with the statements above of the function before form in the designing of cars. But I don't think the updates in styling a made for much function. Probably the most functional change to the body was the out of sight undertray.
    The line quality in the design has suffered, esp. compared to the 360. The side scoops have sharp lines that appear from nowhere and are not fluid at all. The large oval inlets contrast to the sharp side outlets and inlets. Starts to look like a bad Japanese tuner body kit after looking at it a while from the side and front 3/4. Almost looks like there were separate designers for the front and side.
    I can't complain about the rear. Excellent job integrating the current stylings into the car while not making the car look chunky with the space between the tail lights and exhaust pipes and diffuser.
    I know Ferrari and Pininfarina wanted to make a more aggressive looking car to be able to sit next to the Gallardo, but I think they should take a que from Porsche and make their designs true to the roots of the company while still have a cutting edge (not retro) looking design. More evolution than revolution in the design of the car adjusting for functional aspects, et al. The sharp cut of the lines take away from some of the grace the lines once had.
    I might also add that if function were totally preceding form in a sports car, it would look something more akin to a LeMans Prototype with a larger greenhouse and higher bumper than what any of these cars do look like.

5. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Some F430 pictures from the Paris Motor Show :

6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Nice pics!!!

Do you think there will be a 'delete' option on the ridiculous F430 badging on the Left Hand mirror? Oh dear oh dear...

Other than that - want to see one in the flesh!!

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    That silver color is smoking hot. anyone seen any in titanium?

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Either CS mirror option, or a bit of bondo/bog and some paint and problem solved ;) :D

Pete

9. You can barly see it in real life I think its an interesting little touch. It would be night to see a CS mirror option though.

10. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

God help us, the 911 has nither evolution or revolution. They all look the same, when you see one on the road you don't even turn your head.

I think the F430 is a great update....aggressive and sexy.

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Ha, that's one of my favorite details, like the wing on the F40.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes I have to agree that Porsche are so scared of change ... they change nothing ;). The backwards step to oval headlights for the 997 I find really disappointing ... are we going to return to VW Beetle wheels soon too?

Pete

13. Jason

Jason Karting

Dec 1, 2001

14. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Very nice pics Remans !

15. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
  16. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Has anyone seen a 430 picture showing the gated shifter and the corresponding steering wheel? I'm starting to think the 430 is going to be an "F1 only" model...

17. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Just back from the Paris show, the 430 is luuurvelly, it really grows on you, I have a video miniclip from my phone that I could email someone to host, so if anyone has capacity, PM me. Might also post some pics if any of my pics are different to those already poseted.

As others have said, loose the 430 logo on the wingmirror and on the dash, it has no purpose, what next DOHC badging??

It is way comfortable though, and looks great in red, unlike the 360 (strange I know) Love the new exhaust tips, and does anyone know if the little strip around the edges of the headlight light up (perhaps in park mode) if they do it will look awsome.

As of this afternoon in Paris they had taken 17 orders (4 spider options) but sadly no brochures.

As an owner of a 360, i would have one tomorrow, not just for the extra grunt, but for the cleaner and more aggresive styling.

18. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

I personally like the embossed F430 on the mirror. And yes that little LED strip on the headlamps does light up. I love the whole car.

19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I swear I saw a picture if a F430 with Challenge Stradale wheels..but I cant find it for the life of me..any one want to repost or send a link??!

20. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #145 dan360, Oct 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    wow!..thanks for the quick answer!

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think ferrariartist referenced this in his link to the engine shot, but C4 has the first full road-test review of the 430 that I've seen.

Review here.

23. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Now THIS is a hard decision...

Challenge Stradale wheels on the 430...
    Enzo wheels on the 430...

!

24. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    2 questions here:
    1 will it have a name? Monza?
    2 how come some guys still complaint about F1 transmission ?
    I read "e-diff" equipped cars are 3 full seconds faster than their manual 6 speed counterparts around Fiorano. and still some ignorant ferraristis complaint

25. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    According to the latest Forza (#57) regarding the F430, "A six-speed manual transmission is standard, while the optional F1 gearbox changes gears 35% faster than the 360's unit."

I still haven't seen a picture of a 6 speed F430. Are they in production yet?