Moving to Cali, Selling my F430 F1 Spider - Red/Tan | FerrariChat

Moving to Cali, Selling my F430 F1 Spider - Red/Tan

Discussion in '360/430' started by simmadwn, Aug 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Friends..

I posted this on classifieds as well...just spreading the word :)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/559347-2007-ferrari-f430-spider-f1-red-tan-mint.html

I am selling my F430 Spider with F1 transmission. 15K miles, Clutch is more than 65% left. Car is MINT and absolutely no issues. Never tracked or beat upon, always babied. List of some mods and upgrades I did to my 07 430 Spider. Best combination - Red and Tan with Alcantara Seat Inserts. Loaded with CF options!!

Asking $130K or reasonable offers. Moving to Cali and looking to upgrade to a 458 or Hurracan. Car has been in Cali all its life. I purchased it from Ferrari of San Diego in July 2016 and had it shipped to MA. Car went through a full CPO inspection in Sept of 2015. Factory manifolds were replaced in 2014. Car had a dead CAT upon arrival, threw a CEL..Ferrari of New England performed the repair and has been running MINT since.

Car Cover, OEM Battery Conditioner/Maintainer, 2 key fobs, tool kit, Owners manual, Capristo Remote Valve, Alpine Headunit with Subwoofer, 2amps, upgraded speaker system, paint protection film, tinted windows and windshield...lot more. Targa top is like NEW..no issues with open/close.

Scuding Swiss - ILUAL43 HEADLIGHT LED DRL ULTIMATE VERSION, ILUAL43 USA LED REAR LIGHTS PACKAGE (i) V1C1: All 4 stop + 4 parking lights are illuminated, ILUAL3BL FULL LINE LED 3RD BRAKE LIGHT with Integrated stop light safety flasher module, SPIDER ENGINE BAY LED LIGHTING SYSTEM.

Taillights, Turn Signals and Markers - (i)Taillights are smoked using VHT Nite Shades. 2 coats and then 1 coat of clear. Not too dark, very subtle and has a good mix of red and smoke. (ii) Turn Signals - round ones on the side are smoked using VHT same coating as above. Other turn signals and markers are tinted. Tint dint work on the round ones due to their shape, door lights are smoked using VHT as well.

LED Bulb's - dome light, number plate, glove compartment and luggage compartment.

Carbon Fiber cup holder

Tinted windows and front windshield

Carbon Fiber Wrap - Engine bay grills, front bumper splitter and door sills. Purely for the looks.

Headlight Bulb - replaced with D1S - OSRAM XENARC COOL BLUE HYPER 66140CBH HID BULBS. Nicely compliments the Ultra Bright DRL from Scuding Swiss. Great visibility and range. D1S ? OSRAM XENARC COOL BLUE HYPER 66140CBH HID XENON HEADLIGHT BULBS MADE IN GERMANY

Rims - OEM 16M Rims, NOT Look Alike. Got them from a fellow f-chatter -skip737. They were MINT!!

Tires - Michelin PSS. Went with 235 in the front.

New Style OEM Center Caps

TPMS Sensors with gun metal valve color to match the rims - tpms.com code H0011 for the part. No issues with calibration

Carbon Fiber Ferrari logo valve stems

Hardwired V1 Radar Detector

AMNE - Steve and Dave did all the maintenance and rim/tire swap.

PICS : https://pix.sfly.com/AfoHrQXW

https://youtu.be/eYqgRUDtQSU

Car is an absolute beauty..head turner!! Text/Call me for more pics or information. Will upload a full detail video and more pics of the car shortly.

James
    585-281-2774

2. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
  3. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Cali is the place to drive these cars year round. Bring it with you.

simmadwn likes this.
  4. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Bringing the car into California will incur a tax of around $11,000 or so, depending on the sale price.

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    do you not have sales tax where you live? i live in WA and pay sales tax but if i move to another state with tax i can bring a certificate or give it to the new buyer and they just pay the difference if any

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    So, you have to pay tax on existing vehicles that has already been taxed? .....double tax?

7. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Really?? I already paid Tax in MA when I registered..Why would I be paying tax again in Cali??

8. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    you dont have to pay if you have owned it for over a year

ferralc and simmadwn like this.
  9. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Yes.... each time the vehicle is sold there is a "use tax" on the transaction.

Bringing to it to California also incurs a one-time out-of-state import fee.

10. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM

I understand with vehicle bought or sold but you own the car...correct? There shouldn't be any penalty there?...

What is the import fee?

11. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Correction : Car went through a full CPO inspection in May of 2016 not Sept 2015

12. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
  13. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    This is incorrect, everytime a car is sold in CA there is CA SALES TAX involved because there is a transfer of ownership.
    He purchased his car in CA and NEVER registered in CA, ship it and registered it in MA where he paid MA USE TAX (because MA law states 6 months after the purchase for out of state vehicle purchases)
    if he moves to CA he does not need to pay CA USE TAX (same rate as sales tax) because he has owned the car over a year.
    https://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faq12mo.htm

even if he decides to move to CA within the first 12 months of ownership he might be able to pay only the difference between the MA use tax 6.25% and the CA use tax of the county he is registering the car (i.e. San Diego is 8% so he would pay 1.75%)

https://www.boe.ca.gov/industry/vehicles-vessels-aircraft-guide.html#Vehicles

there are several exceptions to the use tax liability (family transfer, gifts, military, etc, etc)but the 12 month rule for out of state purchases applies to this case.

simmadwn likes this.
  14. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Fernando...thanks much my friend!! Awesome info

15. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    Nice car.
    GLWTS

Curious, why do non-californians refer to california as cali?

Cheers

Craig

16. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    lol, no clue

17. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Price Dropped!! $120K or best offer

18. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    MMM something coming from Fox News??? a sensationalist headline maybe??? I do not believe a single word of that article.
    funny thing is at the end the article says the "ban could happen between 2030-2040"
    I assure you by 2040 every single car will be electric, and the internal combustion cars will be in hands of collectors, and the gasoline to power those cars will be very expensive.

19. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    I know I know. There were actually several links from different news outlets so I just picked the top one.

20. 2bf360

2bf360 Karting

Dec 18, 2014
    WA
    Full Name:
    Heng
    Buyer always pay the sale tax at the state he/she resides, does not matter where the car purchased at. Last year, I bought my F430 spider out of state and paid full sale tax when registered at my local DOL office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk