Moving to St Louis...advice/thoughts | FerrariChat

Moving to St Louis...advice/thoughts

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Auraraptor, Mar 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Hi, I am moving to St Louis.

Open to advice from any locals and would love to meet you guys/gals!

Questions:
    Where do you get your Ferrari's serviced?
    Best indy?
    Is there a safe place to live near/close to Barnes Jewish Hospital that would allow for 3-4 car parking cheaply (and safely)? Thanks for any advice.

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    GLB Motorworks is a good spot for a 328. there are other good shops in STL but that's probably the closest to where you want to be.

GLB Motorworks, Inc.

Do you know what neighborhood you'll be living in? house or condo? either way it's tough to find more than a 2 car garage/2 parking spaces. I know STL Motorcars (the local Bentley/Lambo dealer) has been working on a storage location, but not sure where they are on it. you could also try these guys: St. Louis Car Museum & Sales - Storage Services

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Not yet, I haven't moved out there yet. I am leaning toward a rental apartment for the first year near the hospital while I find my footing, then getting something with more space.

4. Kingvogue

Kingvogue Karting

May 9, 2014
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Check out the central west end, older architecture, walking distance to Barns. Also check out Clayton. As for Ferrari service, another well respected shop is Reid Van. Welcome to St. Louis, it's truly a great town, even without the lousy Rams and Stan Kronke

5. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    What happened to Bentley & Maserati of STL? They used to be an authorized F service center in the area. (They serviced my ex-328 and sponsored the track event).

Joint the Ferrari club in St Louis. You'll meet a bunch of great friendly people.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    they haven't had the Ferrari service franchise for several years and just sold their Maserati dealership.