Murcielago itch | FerrariChat

Murcielago itch

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by au-yt, Oct 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #1 au-yt, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Hi All
    I have been searching this forum and notice that there isn't much discussion about Murci's
    I did find this thread which is interesting
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/lamborghinichat-com-sponsored-cats-exotics/495242-please-help-2003-murcielago-6-speed-maintenance-questions.html

They seem to be almost a forgotten car on this forum? or am I missing something

I have an itch to own one which may, or may not happen but I would like to learn more about them.
    I note from what I have found ,there are issues with front shocks, Clutches have limited life, Tyres? ,pre LP-640 throttle bodies whats the issue here and minor electrical s.
    Did all cars come fitted with a Koni front lift?

2. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    You are correct that the Lambo section of this forum is limited, it is basically a tack on sub forum with the main forum being for Ferrari.
    It has some interest and good knowledgeable people but if you are looking for more in depth information on a more modern Lamborghini model it may be best to look at the Lamborghini specific forums.
    Sorry mods for pointing someone in another direction.

3. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    I take your suggestion, and will venture forth.

4. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    They are great cars. Lambo power and lambo talk have much more information regarding the models.

The 2002-2004 cars have issues with leaky front coilovers and faulty ride adjustments. The faulty ride adjustment really isn't noticeable to most people. Some '02 cars didn't have nose lift, the rest have it.

Clutch life is 20-40k depending on how you drive.

Tires can be expensive, but last around 15k.

Throttle bodies are not really an issue. The issue is weak spark (old plugs / bad coils) and people ride on the throttle body notion from the Countach and Diablo years. Throttle bodies are the same from '02-'08.

5. FCat360

FCat360 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2014
    Radical Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Lam, Blama Lam
    I bought a Yellow gated 2002 Murci last year.

After a full service it's wonderful car. Heavy thou. And would agree with the suspension comments. The nose lift is great thou. Wish my Ferrari 360 Spider had it.

When I bought the car, both the seller and the PPI stated that i needed a new clutch immediately. However 3k miles plus later it still works fine without slip.

6. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    From what I know, they have a little tig2ht shocks which is why they tend to fly away on bumpy roads. This doesn't mean they are actually stiff, but it's the relief valve in the shocks that is tuned too tight, i.e. on bumpy roads it doesn't dampen much and the car jumps around, losing traction.
    Btw, the shocks themselves were different during production: some cars came with Koni, some with Bilstein.

7. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    That's interesting especially where I live the non freeway roads are rough.
    I wonder if there is a difference in the valving.
    My 456M has Bilstiens in the rear (self levelling) which are notorious for leaks and DeltaV have a fix.
    Need to look into this.