My white FF | Page 15 | FerrariChat

My white FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Fritz d'Orey, Sep 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #351 Fritz d'Orey, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You and your wife are very kind! Thank you and tell your friends about Portugal and this paradise...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    It's reassuring to know gentlemen abound.

3. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #353 Fritz d'Orey, Oct 3, 2013
    Well, you should visit!! Portugal is paradise. I insist because it took me so many trips to so many places around the world to finally discover the best place to visit or live.

So much of the same; NY, Paris, London etc. I regret that only at 74 years old (last year) I really discovered Portugal and took the decision to make it my home.
    Better late than never!!!!!!

Photo (I took with a 50X tele) of full moon rising in front of my room the day the moon was closest to earth:

4. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Dear Migas,
    Saw your red 458 Spider in Caramulo HillClimb. Beautiful... I think is the most accomplished Ferrari design of our times.
    Today went fro lunch in Setubal with the FF. A couple of friends, my wife and me with all confort. 293 km/h at a moment and the two woman talking in the back seats... I love Portugal.acomplished.

Lets get lunch here in Cascais... I would like for you to try the FF and how well it compliments.

5. John Fielden

John Fielden Rookie

Oct 7, 2013
    Good Afternoon Fritz
    It is over 50 years since I met you---at Cadours , I was with Bill de Selincourt who beat you in that FJ race but only because your throttle pedal became detached.
    I searched for you very hard in 2009 as we held a party at the circuit on the 50th anniversary, the Friends of Cadours put on an excellent reception for us and I managed to find Bill's Elva which was also present. The Gendarmes allowed us to run a number of racing cars with open exhausts at full chat on the unclosed roads
    If I had known you were in Portugal I would have moved heaven and earth to get you to the celebration.
    Same thing for Bill's 90th birthday party which we held at Brooklands in 2011, I found 7 of his old cars which attended, including a GN?AC special which he had run in around the Outer Circuit in preparation for the September Meeting in 1939, which never happened due to the outbreak of WW2. He must be the only man now living to have lapped Brooklands.
    Bill, whom I last saw in May, this year lives in a rest home in Suffolk, England, he is now unable to walk but is still able to recall all his lap times. He is, I believe the only person in the world to have won a motor race pre-war.

Best regards
    John

6. Migas

Migas Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2013
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Dear Fritz,

It will be a great pleasure to have a lunch with you. Let me know about your better availability. I’ve just sent you a PM with my contacts.

BTW, IMHO (for sure :) ) you have the best combo on the world, the best 2 seat and the best 4 seat.

7. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Sorry Miguel. Was in Spain with the 458.

Tomorrow will go to Autodromo do Estoril with the FF because need the four seats.

Hope to see you there.

8. Migas

Migas Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2013
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    I heard about the Autodromo do Estoril event for yesterday Fritz. I'm sorry to have missed it. Unfortunately I was invited for an anniversary lunch. Hope you have enjoyed the event on the FF.

Last night some guys from "Ferrari em Portugal" have sent me already some pics of your Great White parked on the paddock. It immediately served to develop a nice conversation about last Caramulo hill climb participation of our both F458 Spiders and the remaining Ferraris. These guys are really nice people. Paraphrasing you this is really the Eden, but, we should understand, sometimes, too small. :)

Let's keep each other in touch.

Miguel

9. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
  10. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #360 Fritz d'Orey, Dec 17, 2013
    Dear John,
    That happened in 1959 !!!
    It was the throttle cable that broke while I was very much ahead. Maybe my right foot was too heavy...
    I stopped and was tightening my handkerchief to the carburetor when your friend went by... It was the last lap, I think!
    Send Bill my best regards and show him my 1960 Le Mans... Last race, 8 months in hospital!

11. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Yes, I am in Portugal, discovered last year and stayed here, enjoying paradise.

Have just arrived from a fantastic trip in the Ferrari FF. From Cascais to south and then to north with my 3 grownup children who came for Christmas,. 3000 kms in wonderful roads, beauty all around, incredible wine and food...

Watch this presentation of Portugal and please come visit. You will be amazed!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JzhYcS0mw

12. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    if I ever go I think this will be number 1 on my list

13. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Lots of things happened after your visit...

But I continue to love Portugal and everytime I go out am in doubt, shall I go in the FF or in the 458 Spider? What a privilege...

Best country, with lovely roads, best place to enjoy your Ferrari... PARADISE

14. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Good to hear from you again. My son and his family just returned from a visit to Lisboa and a very brief encounter with Cascais. They loved it.

As for choices, I just took delivery of my own white FF, so I also have the choice of the 458 and FF, though my 458 is an Italia. I am very privileged.

15. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    You are very happy with your new FF, I bet...

Am sorry that I didn't meet them here in Cascais. Would have enjoyed talk to them. Next time please...

Would love to see some pictures of the new FF and the 458.

16. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I love it of course. It is remarkable. See my new thread on measuring oil level.

Yes, next time in Cascais. They didn't tell me they were going there until afterward. It was a quick trip from Madrid.

17. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #367 Fritz d'Orey, Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks! Now I have the FF and a Dark Blue 458 Spider. My ninth Ferrari...

What a privilege and a dream... Drive it everyday and always deciding which in the garage at the last moment!!!

18. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    My white FF differs visually from Fritz's only in that the wheels are different and of course the sidelights required by the US government. And my 458 is an Italia and is yellow. Otherwise the choice of what to drive is the same. It is indeed a privilege.

19. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    I like Fritz's "Ferrari Parking" technique......when one bay just isn't big enough.

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    still looks great, Fritz!

21. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Today I brought my new White FF to fill up with fuel for the first time. To my surprise, the car was a celebrity at the fueling station! In Southern California people are quite used to seeing Ferraris, and usually no one notices when I fuel my 458. But with the FF two people from different cars came up to chat about the FF: "What is it?" "It's beautiful." "Good luck with it." "Four seats!" It was all smiles.

22. Fritz d'Orey

Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    #372 Fritz d'Orey, Jan 29, 2014
    You must be loving this fantastic Ferrari FF.

It's the best car in the world!!!

I enjoy my Bianco Avus FF everyday for almost 2 years, 21k miles and not a single problem...

My son, my dog and my FF

23. chris5150

chris5150 Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2009
    and I see you have treated him to the Ferrari sherling jacket to go with the car too!!

24. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #374 ClassicFerrari, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Great shot!

I will be heading down that road many times this summer :)

25. Sestri

Sestri Rookie

Jan 3, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Great car - looks perfect in white!