New 488 Spider - configuration process | FerrariChat

New 488 Spider - configuration process

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ppg70, Sep 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    #1 ppg70, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

got first configuration here the result......any comments/suggestions are welcome!!

rosso corsa
    interior leather/alcantara black with racing daytona seats
    carpets alcantara red
    interior carbon package
    exterior front and rear carbon
    full specs attached

I have an alternative in mind but I am waiting Taylor Made dpt's answer!!
    thanks
    pier
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Love the wheels, great accents. Great combos

3. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Black 'sports sills' will make the body look less 'portly' in the middle. And a red stripe down the middle of the seas will add some interest to the interior. And, I had a chance to poke around the U.K. press car a while back and that has Daytona seats. The middle sections, where the leather is in horizontal strips, were in Alcantara with the narrow strips in red. Looked absolutely fantastic. I'm normally a fan of the Sports seats, but that changed my mind. Daytonas for me now.

4. SF488

SF488 Rookie

Dec 26, 2016
    Hi, I also configure just a 488 spider, I see on your list as additional options "Italian Flag", where is this option placed and do you have a picture of it?

5. Yooper

Yooper Rookie

Dec 28, 2016
    Cincinnati, OH
    Both the regular seats AND the sports seats can be ordered with the Daytona pattern.

6. SF488

SF488 Rookie

Dec 26, 2016
    I also just configure a 488 spider, on your option list I see "additional options Italian Flag" where is this flag placed and have a picture of it?

7. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    #7 ppg70, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Yeah, like that but with the centre panels in Alcantara.

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We all have such subjective tastes and budgets but since you specifically asked for opinions, being an owner of a 488 GTB and having spent recent times speccing out a Spider, here are my thoughts on your specs. Unless money is no object and you don't really care, I would eliminate the following options. They don't add much and will do nothing on resale for you.

AFS System - not really needed
    Suspension Lifter - i dont have it and have not ever needed it. Unless you have very steep driveways or bumps- you can eliminate it
    High Emotion Low Emission - dump it. total waste
    Exterior sill in carbon - its a nice touch but not really needed
    Front wing in carbon - I would eliminate this as the front part of the wing is body colored- you dont really get to appreciate the carbon. Instead I would apply the funds to the carbon air splitter and add either carbon or matte black to the body panels below the doors. The carbon air splitter looks really nice and splits up the body color and the contrast color below the doors does a nice job "slimming" up the profile of the car.

Rear diffuser in carbon- lot of money for something thats gonna get scraped big time with road debris.

I would add some colored stripes on the seats. Does a nice job of breaking up the dark color. I really like your red carpets with the black seats. Nice way to introduce some red in the interior.

The gold wheels are not my cup of tea but thats a total personal preference.

I would also add some contrasting stitching - not sure if you had it or not.

Overall- great looking spec. Congrats and let us know if you have any questions.

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    #10 italiafan, Sep 3, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    HELE? Really...get rid of that.
    I'm not a fan of gold wheels...but if you are that is all that matters. IMO red and black go great together...so black wheels with gold calipers and red body is hot...that is the way my Speciale as and it is great (to me).
    Agree with others...spice up the interior a little with some red...alcantera Daytona inserts are a nice touch since it varies the shade of red and the visual texture. Thick red stitching for sure.

11. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Daytona sport seats are nice!

12. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Looks fantastic! Huge Congrats!

13. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    the italian flag is just above the Ferrari writing on the cover of engine.....unlikely I dont have a picture!! but is really expensive, 840€ just for a sticker! most probably I will eliminate it.....I will put it later!!

14. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    thank you for your suggestions......really appreciate!
    honestly I had some doubts during config regarding front and rear in carbon.....so eliminate, 12.200€ less!
    not so sure air splitters in carbon as well as black/carbon panels below the doors are working well with gold wheels that I adore....but I will try tomorrow

I will make daytona insert in red and the central tunnel in alcantara black or red....as alternative I will also try the "Tricolore" (italian flag) stripe for racing seats and the italian flags stripe painted on upper arch of steering wheel

I will eliminate suspension lifter that is going together wih AFS system.....another 5.400€ less!
    I will eliminate also HELE.....I didn't asked for it! by the way no additional cost for it

Thick stitching in red already present.

I will keep exterior sill kick in carbon bec looks amazing...is 1.400€. aftermarket same price!

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    To me the Tri color stripe looks good with a white car but personal preference.

The black splitters and lower panel will look great with gold wheels if you are set on those. It's a nice contrast.

16. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    +1

gold wheels FTW

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    With all the CF you have chosen, have you considered CF Instrument Panel and Carbon Fiber Tunnel Bridge?

18. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    I think you should go with black calipers, that way the wheels really pop and aren’t distracted by the red.

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    HELE might have been made "legally" mandatory in Europe; I got it - and paid for it - in spite of not wanting it (so it may be included in the base price now).
    The good news is that you can turn it off once and for all (unlike stop-start on some other cars, which put it back at each restart).

20. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    go with black carpets, red daytona inserts, red contrast stitching and carbon sills

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Nice spec by the way.
    Another thing you may avoid is the Ferrari fire extinguisher, it's not very expensive but it's ridiculously overpriced for what it is.
    If you look at the other thread you'll see that I went for an FIA-approved for a fraction of the price, with a completely reversible installation.

22. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I agree....even aluminium or grey calipers are better than redwith gold

23. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    question!

which option is better?

1 - rear and front parking sensors + rear parking camera
    2 - front and rear parking cameras

I mean from functional point of view

thanks

24. MJR_HK

MJR_HK Karting

Aug 9, 2016
    HK & CH

considering the total price of the car, get both front and rear parking sensors as well as front and rear parking camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk