New Owner of a Lamborghini Countach 12407 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Owner of a Lamborghini Countach 12407

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jgoodman, Nov 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Congrats on the beautiful car! My favorite color combo on a Countach! Great pics! No feeling like the feeling on delivery day! Definitely makes you feel like a kid again on Xmas morning!! I still remember that day when my car was delivered.....still makes me smile! :)

Have fun!!

2. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    Congratulations Jay!

From another Mondial owner!

You have one of the two other cars I want!

I would like to get eventually a Countach and a Diablo.

Maybe also a Campagna T-Rex, the new NSX ...

3. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #53 jgoodman, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Thanks Francois! The Mondial will always remain close to my heart, but this is just from another planet! Really is unique.
    I went out to the garage to pencil trace the vin for registration. That was more challenging than expected to get it legible off the steering column. But while sitting in there, I started to fiddle with the radio and other sparse controls. AC/DC's Back in Black came on and I started the engine and turned up the volume and closed the scissor door and jammed like I was 13 again. Great brief garage moment. I just yesterday was finally able to get over to the DMV and get her a classic plate. Ready to roll this weekend and I am very much looking forward to it. This song also happens to be the one my wife and jumped on our bed to the day we moved into our home a decade ago which I love and has been good to both me and my family now for many years so I'm already having good vibes about this car. Enjoy! And Happy Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Have a happy and healthy one fellas.

AC/DC-Back in Black Lyrics - YouTube
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBQ0_9IFzU0[/ame]

4. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    :) I pray that one day i can join this club of childhood dreams! fantastic photos, keep em coming.

5. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #55 jgoodman, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Hi Joe. I could only put on classic plates as it's 24 years old, not 25. Next year I'll put an antique plate on her. Thanks for the invite. I cannot make it tomorrow but will see you soon. I still have something for you.

7. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Too bad you can't make it, we have a couple of flat screens in the private room we use at the Beanery. We will be watching the F1 race tomorrow.

8. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    What are your driving impressions? That's one of my favorite cars, especially Bianco/Bianco.

Jim

9. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #59 jgoodman, Nov 25, 2012
    Thank you Jim. The color is iconic for me as well. Love it.

It's a beast that is really not that hard to drive. Clutch engages smoothly, on upper half of travel, and you can stall at low rpm, despite 12 cylinders. I've been assured that that clutch engagement is normal and not due to wear, although I'd love to hear from other experts. Shifts very easily, much easier than my Mondial, especially when cold, with nice easy quick short throws. I think the turning radius is lowsy, but the manual steering is really not as heavy as I expected. Definitely easier than the Mondial at a standstill, despite the smaller steering wheel, which is really surprising to me. I will try to let you know about acceleration during my next outing with her. Very difficult to see behind the car. Some visual clues for reference, especially the wing. I clearly haven't mastered the hanging out the driver's door move at all. Brakes are superb. Probably helps a lot that brake fluid was just replaced. Pedals are very close together. The car has started the first turn of the ignition every time so far, which is why I personally prefer FI. Engine sounds, even at idle, are truly truly intoxicating!

A few more pics fellas to get you and me through the work week. I find it very difficult to ever get tired of looking at this car. I really do.

She seems to be settling in very nicely with her stablemate. Please ignore the stuff shoved in the back of the garage. Pool stuff tucked away for the winter. Enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Thank you foe the response. The pics are great!

Jim

11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The white cocking around the flairs should be black or ?

Geno

12. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Beautiful shots of an amazing car! Congrats! Seeing the "classic car" plates on it does make me feel old, though!

13. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf
    Could go either way..

14. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    #64 ken qv, Nov 25, 2012
  15. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #65 jgoodman, Nov 26, 2012
  16. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Love these photos!

17. ronzalfa

ronzalfa Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    SW Washington
    Full Name:
    Ron Deaver
    Needs a matching members only ripstop nylon jacket in white.............

18. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Do you have a picture of what you're talking about? I've already found the Raybans! lol!

19. ronzalfa

ronzalfa Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    SW Washington
    Full Name:
    Ron Deaver
    Nah, I got no pics that can top yours of that great iconic Lambo. Congrats, a superb acquisition......beautiful car!!!!!

20. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Thank you very much. I still cannot believe I own this incredible supercar. I'm a dumb dreamy kid again, which is truly a great feeling.

21. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    Good to see one being enjoyed, hopefully the excitement continues as I am enjoying the pictures. My favorite color too. I might not be able to resist painting the wheels white even if it was not original ;)

22. huichoval

huichoval Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2009
    texas
    Full Name:
    luis
    Congratulations your Countach is stunning in white!

23. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    There's a whole thread on this topic somewhere. Conclusion by those in the know was that either way is correct.

Mine is white with white caulking but honestly for me I prefer black caulking on white. There is something about the contrast of black on white (as with the deck lid vents, and coves) that adds a lot to the look IMHO, YMMV. I plan to change to black soon.

24. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #74 jgoodman, Nov 29, 2012
    You guys are the best! You know how to make me feel really good about this irrational acquisition. I'm also happy to say that I've already had a real offer on the car above my current investment, which makes me feel even better about this crazy decision to experience this longstanding wild childhood fantasy of mine.

A few more exhaust pics. I especially like them too! Enjoy!

It's all really good!

25. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #75 jgoodman, Dec 15, 2012
    So it was a perfect morning to take her for a drive. First driving impressions are that the engine really vibrates the entire car. Great pickup. It is concerning how quickly speed comes with all of that 12 cylinder torque moving you at no more than 3-4k RPM. It was cold this morning and I wasn't sure about the grip so I really didn't go fast at all. My dog Maggie blends right in with the white on white look. All of the tellers at the bank were completely stunned to see this beauty in their parking lot when I stopped by this morning to pick up something. I wish I could show you the woman whose jaw dropped in utter amazement upon site of the beauty. This car really is so exhilarating! I cannot describe the feeling. I am feeling very blessed again today. Enjoy fellas!