Nice work Joolia Gillard..... | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Nice work Joolia Gillard.....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Scaramouche, Jun 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    she's the best and worst female PM we've ever had

2. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    But he is a sexist??

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #803 PSk, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    I don't think he is that much of a sexist. It is way over played.

In the end EVERY single father wants their daughter to be looked after and safe. Abbott has daughters. That means you understand the difference between sons and daughters and to be completely non-sexist means sending your daughters out into the world completely unprotected.

Recent events in Australia have unfortunately reminded us ALL, especially fathers (and mothers), that there is NO equal playing field and women are constantly under threat from ugly men.

Fact is the world is completely different for men and women. It is idealistic folly to think otherwise.
    Pete
    ps: fathers these days should be raising their sons to respect women and look after them as cherished members of our community, instead they discuss the size of their boobs and length of their legs, nudge, nugde, wink, wink, etc. This directly leads to inequality with women living in fear of sexual abuse.
    This is my biggest concern with immigration as not all countries and beliefs view women correctly IMO.

4. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    Really?

Some Tony Abbott quotes;-

About his daughters' virginities.....it is "the greatest gift" they have to "give"

"I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate, or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas. Simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons," Abbott wrote this as a university student.

"I won't be rushing out to get my daughters vaccinated against cervical cancer," he said in 2006.

In 2004 he described abortion figures as a "national tragedy", leaving a legacy of "unutterable shame", the subtext being that women should feel responsible for this "shame" not to mention this one, "Abortion is the easy way out. It's hardly surprising that people should choose the most convenient exit from awkward situations."

Abbott has labelled university courses on women's rights as being "trivial". He has been accused of satirising the anti-rape mantra, "no means no" for political gain. He has said he is "a bit threatened" by homosexuality.

Although he has recently committed to paid maternity leave, this is his previous position: "Compulsory, paid maternity leave? Over this government's dead body," this in 2002.

I have 2 daughters, one is 20 and the other is 12....Tony Abbott is almost certainly sexist.

5. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I wrote and said lots of dumb things as a uni student, I eventually grew up and don't expect to be held accountable for what I said back then.

Much of Abbott's commentary on virginity, abortion and cervical cancer arises from his genuine concern that society/music/movies/media sexualise teenage girls for commercial benefit, with no regard for their welfare. Have you heard of the "rainbow" game?

I have teenage boys and I am often shocked by the promiscuous dress and behaviour of their female mates. I have friends with teenage daughters who worry sick about STD's and alcohol abuse. We evolved a society over thousands of years that sought to protect children while they're unable to make rational decisions, since the late 60's we have dismantled much of this, usually with good intentions but often with bad outcomes. The inner city left regard all of this as progress, I don't.

Calling Abbott sexist is a cheap shot by a desperate government who can neither stand on their record or explain what they stand for, beyond clinging to power.

6. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Apart from his quote as a Uni student (and c'mon does it really matter what he thought 30 years ago?) what is sexist about the other stuff?

7. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    So.....I think Tony Abbott is sexist and that means I too don't have concerns for my daughters? Really?

I appreciate everyone on here wants to see the end of the Gillard government and for good reason I agree. But Tony Abbott is what he is. I suspect he will even be PM, but I'd be suprised if in 3 years we will think of him as a good one (happy for a wager on that one). Those that keep on about the PM lying.....have they not listened to or watched the Tony Abbott show of the last few years? The guy cannot be trusted and has forgotten what he has been voted to do or for whom he represents (he thinks its to win government and its the Libs....suspect most here do as well?). I personally don't respect Abbot as a person let alone think he has the potential for being a good PM

sex·ism (skszm)
    n.
    1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
    2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

8. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Correct, so based on what you posted he is not sexist. eg not wanting paid maternity leave is not sexist but good financial policy. Not wanting your daughters vaccinated has nothing to do with being sexist. His abortion comments are not sexist either IMO

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #809 PSk, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    Pretty accurate. Very personal and special gift. Not just buying something ...
    I'm married and they do see the world differently, thankfully. We now have a leader we cannot debate with because everytime we do they play the sexist game ... pathetic IMO.
    Was it a new vaccine back then?. I'd wait too.
    I could not agree more. Abortion ends the life of a person. We need to remember that.
    Again men and women are DIFFERENT. We should make the most of their differences but to do that you have to acknowledge they are different in the first place.
    Pete

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  11. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    been to the Çross ?

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Won't be virginity you'll be buying ...

A gift that you can never give again.
    Pete

14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    sounds like Herpes to me :eek:

Sorry, that's a gift you never lose

BTW I have 2 daughters and a teenage son, I would never treat the daughters any different to my son and they are very strong-willed women who would either ignore sexist comments or call their father to sort it out for them if they couldn't themselves :)

Abbott is an idiot and just like Hawke in the 80s will win despite his stupidity, both Rhodes scholars ..... coincidence ??

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    True. I had 3 sisters ... only son.

Maybe I should have said fathers worry differently.
    Pete
    ps: All politicians are idiots.

16. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Oh c'mon mate, have you met the guy? My sister went to Law School with him, he ain't stupid. Unfortunately he is not a great liar or slimey like most pollies and so gets crucified for saying what he actually thinks

17. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Sexist? Sounds like Abbott is Old Fashioned.

So what, nothing wrong with that. Might even be a good thing.

18. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    #818 Dazzling, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    There are lots of idiots that appear quite smart in certain circumstances...like getting degrees or passing IQ tests...it doesn't stop them from being idiots or causing serious damage to society.

Not sure how being old fashioned will help when looking to the future. Taking heed of the past and history yes....but not living in the past

19. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Finally, I agree with a 348 owner :)

20. Dazzling

Dazzling Formula 3

Nov 18, 2010
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Darren
    LOL....1st time you will admit it anyway

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agree, but everybody I've heard that has met Abbott says he okay. I believe he is not a good liar ... a possibly rare thing in a politician.
    There is nothing wrong with returning modern men to correct values regarding women. Generalisation warning: The current generation or young men think of women as walking t!ts and puss!es. Hardly a good example of moving towards the future. We need to ensure all women can walk home safely and not live in fear as they currently do.
    Pete

22. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Australian PM: Proof of identity

Julia Gillard walked into a Commonwealth Bank branch to cash a cheque. She approached the cashier and said, "Good morning, could you please cash this cheque for me?"

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure Madam. Could you please show me your ID?"

Julia: "Well I didn't bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Julia, the Prime Minister!"

Cashier: "I’m sorry, but with all the regulations, monitoring, of the banks because of impostors and forgers, etc. I must insist on proof of identity."

Julia: "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry Prime Minister but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

julia: "But I need this cheque cashed."

Cashier: "Perhaps there’s another way: One day Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putting iron and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque.

Another time,Roger Federer came in without ID. He pulled out his racquet and made a fabulous shot where the ball landed in my cup. With that spectacular shot we cashed his cheque.

So madam, what can you do to prove that you, and only you, are the Prime Minister?"

Julia stood there thinking and finally said: "Honestly, I can't think of a single thing I'm good at."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes, Prime Minister?"

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I hear that one of her ex-ministers COULD organise a root in a brothel so they are not all useless

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And make US pay for it too ...
    Pete

25. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005