No More C&C West Chester | FerrariChat

No More C&C West Chester

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by The_Pagani_Kid, Jun 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    #1 The_Pagani_Kid, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just saw this picture on my friends Instagram. Hope there is something we can do to either move the location or have the ban lifted. Would hate to see something I've enjoyed for 5 years die off
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #2 JoeZaff, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    FWIW, The signs were there today, so were 150 cars. Police came through as usual but didn't say anything or try to halt it from what I've been told.

That being said, it would be great if A$$h@les stopped speeding in the lot!!

3. swisman

swisman Rookie

Feb 19, 2013
    Unionville, Pa
    Full Name:
    Scott Wisman
    Wow...this is disturbing. I was there today and didn't hear anyone talking about this? It appeared to be a normal Sat. morning gathering. I have to admit I did not see the signs either...not sure when they were erected?

If this is a new policy by the shopping center owner...I surprised it was not being enforced by the township police? Is this policy even legal or enforceable???

As Joe said...what a shame a few idiots may ruin this for everyone!

Time to scout an alternative location.

4. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    Was there today too.
    Didn't notice the signs or hear anyone talking about it.
    Cops rolled through as usual without issue.

5. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    May not be enforced. It's hard to tell people what car to bring - hey, just stopping by Starbucks, right? They still like us. I didn't make it over today. Agree with Joe - what's with the people speeding out?

Most of the time when I come, I don't even bring the Viper anymore as there is nowhere to park. Honestly, I just enjoy drinking some coffee and BSing with friends, while standing around, or inside Starbucks in the bad weather.

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    The few of us that were still there at the end today noticed the signs before leaving. Don't believe they're enforceable, the added commentary actually covers up "Violators are trespassing and may be subject to prosecution." Key word being "may"...but can township police really enforce private policies that are not township code/laws? While some attorney may have billed a few hours to come up with the verbiage on the signs, it does not actually cite any county, city, or state codes so my thought is that this is as enforceable as a "Don't Pee In Our Pool" sign. (But I'm not an attorney or law enforcement) They (there are two signs) are in strange locations to begin with and easily missed...I question why they put those signs where they did instead of more visible locations. Also, they could potentially have been put up by one of the businesses instead of RJ Waters the property owner.

The police were there as usual today, making their rounds several times as well as sitting in the PJ's lot for a while and as Joe Z mentioned, did not ask for people to disperse.

7. hercfe

hercfe Karting

Apr 21, 2015
    Northeast US
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yes, the Police can enforce based on Defiant Trespass laws at the request of the property owner. However, they probably wouldn't enforce just that, but would if people are acting like fools, doing burnouts, etc.

8. swisman

swisman Rookie

Feb 19, 2013
    Unionville, Pa
    Full Name:
    Scott Wisman
    Thanks hercfe for clearing that up. I suspect if you are walking around with a purchased Starbucks coffee & not breaking any laws it would be hard for the police to justify asking you to leave.

However, I suspect police may be more vigilant than in the past...given the new policy. I just wish they would be more visible during C&C and nab any offenders rather than kicking all of us out.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I dunno.

I'm at Starbucks, having a coffee, on the way out, I stop and chat up a few friends who also happen to have a coffee from Starbucks.

As a customer of Starbucks, I'm not trespassing, I'm in the lot drinking my coffee, as a customer, and talking to friends.

So long as the cars are not on display, well then there's no trespass. So, C&C guys, don't open your hood, don't leave doors open, just park and get a coffee and shoot the **** with your pals.

I think the local PD has a lot better stuff to do than try to enforce the unenforceable.

And, I would STRONGLY suggest you guys go in to the Starbucks and have them put some pressure on the mall manager to rescind this dumb ass policy. If the C&C leaves, their Saturday numbers are going to suffer.

BTW defiant Trespass is no joke, and if threatened with it, I'd vamoose...

And finally, I miss all you guys and the Saturday C&C. Down here, it's six old guys driving corvettes sitting with the Harley guys in front of the donut shop. without a doubt, not even close. Gotta drive a couple hours to find a real C&C.

10. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    There is one future issue, my understanding is that Starbucks will be soon relocating to the intersection before Dilworthtown next to the Acura dealer. In the near future, there won't be a starbucks at that location. All hear say from my conversation with a local developer as well as another C&C attendee, but it's very strong evidence.

11. 2002 Silver-V

2002 Silver-V Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve N.
    There's always the Starbucks down past Longwood Gardens on the right if we ever need to move locations (especially if they are moving in the future). There used to be a grocery store there and the parking lot is wide open.

Just a thought,
    -Steve

12. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    May I suggest terminating this discussion on this board? If we do decide to relocate, I would suggest we try to do so by word of mouth among the core group so as to wean out the offenders of burnouts and the like. Minimizing our digital footprint is probably the safest bet. Just my two cents.

13. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    We had discussed that location before, if it's the shopping center I'm thinking of, that location is also owned and operated by RJ Waters.

14. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    I am in agreement with this logic, while it has grown for sure, it has largley attracted those who cause the issues.

15. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Dillsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Does anyone know if this is definitely shut down? I'm coming down to Philly for the Concours at Simeone and trying to decide weather or not I should leave early and stop in.

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

suggest you contact the OP by PM.

D

17. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Rookie

Apr 11, 2012
    Dillsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Thanks!