Official Countach Value Thread | Page 102 | FerrariChat

Official Countach Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Feb 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    FTanner,

The 25th thread was started to garner the 25th some respect, shed light on what a great car it is, and dispel some stereotypical thinking. I think it worked out great!

Best,

2. You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house. :)

3. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    LoL... that's True!!! funny how fast a little education of recent sales changed
    his entire thought process to " i have to keep this car" when a few months ago it
    "seemed" like a burden. ALL values going Up is fun for ALL owners.. now i just
    hate that a few times i was close to owning 2 of them..ugh!!! LoL

4. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    and how did a number Finally come up about how many Anniv cars were sent
    to the U.S.? I'm curious as i have wondered this before also.
    Good day everyone.

5. ElvisNasty

ElvisNasty Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Elvis Jenkins Nasty
    Can someone in the know post the range of values on all variants based on the current market? Seems like it's time again.

The anni, in the past 5 years, has been the lowest priced and most available model. Has it now leap-frogged other models, or did they all go way up?

6. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    All went up. =)

7. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
  8. Yes, but still interesting to talk about. Just for kicks and giggles, my original guesstimate as an enthusiast was 250k. That would be wholesale now with all of the price movement on the 5000s. I think it will hit 300-325k now.

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    you're joking right? If not you missed some actions on here...
    it starts here :
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142870405-post2292.html
    but hold on, the discussion from there on takes on its own life, so book several hours to sip thru information and B.S. End of the day, I do fully agree with Early cat, car should go 300-325K based on all prior sales and trend. The ceiling is being set by lots of nice other QV euro cars on the market (remember? these are the one which were supposed to make the QV US prices go south after 25 years..).

10. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
  11. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Sorry about that. Took a few months off from the thread, but did search "RM" which returned no results.

12. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    2 years ago.

13. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    pretty much double before years end...and maybe see this crash down if inflation / interest rate / $value pick up which is unlikly for the foreseable future.

14. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I feel i got so lucky with my purchase even though my (ex) wife kept telling me no(don't do it). glad I kept the Countach and off loaded the wife

15. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    #2541 triple-x, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually some of the gibberish from a couple of months ago was not very productive, I agree & yes I was part of it. Sorry guys.

The cool (if I can call it that) thing about some of the heated discussions we have here is that some of the stuff that was mentioned that was "incorrect non OEM" on my car like the wiper wing that were taken from one Hopkirk's mini's, were actually also used on the Miuras can be beneficial & informative for those that do not have a wiper wing on their Countach.

Here's a picture from probably mid to late 80's to maybe 1990 with the exact wiper wings that I used on my CT.

I'd thought I'd share this picture so you can see how & why my theory of the wiper wing came about. Paddy swore that the exact wiper wings were copied and applied to the CT now we can see them on the Miura as well. I'm not the type of guy to tart up a car with something that looks so horrible that questions the integrity of the car.

Since it's not a drilled part or weld on part I decided after seeing the pictures of the Miura with the exact wiper wing it'll go back on. The next custodian can worry about un-clipping it they feel it's not correct. Since this is a "Countach Value Thread" My CT is now worth $50 bucks more because of the added wiper wing. I probably spent much more than $50 bucks in time & material that I used to get it 100% correct paint wise. OK let's make it $100 bucks more. lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    Last Anniversary I sold was for $385k.

17. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    you sold an anniversary for ?
    :O

can i ask where?

18. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    If I remember correctly it was August 1989. Sold it to the Toy Store in Florida. Anyone that was around and selling cars that year remembers what is was like. They went up in value about $10k a week, I had purchased and sold around 30 cars that year. Of course it was just all a big bubble, and all it took was for one guy to sell a car at a loss, the word got out and "POP" went the bubble. They slowly fell down to sub $100k prices where they stayed for almost 25 years. I do not believe this is the same case now, I feel all variants of the Countach were over due for a price increase. Where it will top out I don't know.

19. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Yeah, I was also about to ask when that was...
    Is that the highest price you also heard of back then for a 25th?
    Do you remember when exactly the bubble bursted?

20. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    Highest price I ever heard was $450k for a black car that went to someone in Chicago. It was a long time ago so I may be off a little but I think the bubble burst around September 1989.

21. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Isn't it possible that these cars have moved on to many that are not so
    sensitive to economy swings and collectors.. Plus it seems that Everyone is
    carrying a lot less debt than just a few years ago so i am not so sure this is
    a bubble. These elevated values might be here to stay.

22. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The car market of the late 80's was fueled by investors. Some purchased the Anniversario and had no desire to own any special car. With those 'investors' the Anniversario was viewed as a commodity.

The car was purchased and parked for financial gain.

23. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    could be...

also must be said mondials were selling for BIG money to ...while today you can buy one for 20.000 euro

24. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    if I were to see only one model, like the countach catching up,. I'll say yes. but all cars are like this. This indicates there is an economic speculation of sorts going on. The same thing occurred on muscle cars and now the muscles are quite cooling off....

it could also be that more people worldwide are picking these cars. only the pros selling the cars can tell us that. where are the cars going?