Official Diablo Value Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Official Diablo Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Shark01, Feb 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Roy's orange VT Roadster just sold for full the asking of $389,000.00

...yeah it looks so much better when you type all the 0's out ;)

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

2. td80

td80 Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave M.
    I bet that orange roadster is a 500K car in another year. It will be a good leading benchmark for where roadster prices are going in general. I'm waiting for the day the new owner posts that he was offered a brand new Aventador SV Roadster in straight-trade for it...

It looks like this will be the first season of serious Diablo price appreciation.

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I believe that the early Diablo will end up ONLY under the Diablo 6.0 and SE in the end. People love "old and raw" when it comes to cars. It's the reason the LP400 is worth more than an S or an Anniversary. They just see value in age and raw feel. I don't own my early Diablo anymore (I'm getting a different Lamborghini shortly) but I truly think it will skyrocket and the masses will be saying "but that was the LEAST expensive one at one time".

4. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    When is the bubble going to burst?

5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ask that to guys that drive F40's

Once a car has been stamped a collectable, it may dip but I'll keep going up. Not everything is going up. Diablos are going up, Murci, LP's and Aventadors are going down.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

6. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

I didn't want a 25th aniversary when they were sub 100k.

I love certain cars early low body countach yes all day the 25th no thanks.

I do like the early diablos.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    You have the same taste as me for the CT. I also like the early Diablo 2wd.

The only 25th I would buy is a pearl white or silver if very nice. But I can't afford them anymore..........

8. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    + 1

9. skierlawyer

skierlawyer Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Golden, CO
    Full Name:
    Brian
    What are you getting next??

10. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Prob a Gallardo. My wife wants something she can drive. No hurry though. Will just hang around till the right car comes up. Can't tell you how many people have recently reached out to "congratulate" me on the uptick of Diablo prices and were quite surprised when I told them I sold it. From your posts you seem quite happy still with your purchase. :)

On a side note, I tried to reach out to the shippers got used and they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. Would have used them too.

11. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    #87 Diablo_4_Ever, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went through some old advertisement data and reconstructed the Diablo price development over the last decade. These are average asking prices (euros) for cars in different condition and with different mileage; based on the European, North American and Japanese market.
    Note that for the early years and for some of the rarer models prices are based on very few cars so condition and mileage might be of significant influence on the average value, and there is generally greater variation in the asking prices of the more expensive models.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. skierlawyer

skierlawyer Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Golden, CO
    Full Name:
    Brian

Yes I'm enjoying the Diablo very much, thank you. I would use those shippers again, they did a good job. I've been looking at Gallardos too, the prices are getting tempting. I never had a paddle shift car, but I'm ready to try one.

13. Lfsglass

Lfsglass Rookie

Sep 21, 2013
    New Orleans
    Now that you've sold the Diablo, which do you miss more???

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

I think the first quote was regarding the Ferrari 328 I had owned, sold and commented on. I would have to say that I miss the Ferrari 328 more at this point. Not because it was a better car but for these reasons

1. It was my first exotic. Bought it at 29. Loved it.
    2. I just sold the Diablo and it has been winter here so no "chance" of missing it yet on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I had that car longer than any I've ever owned of any kind. Loved it. Everyone loved it. Just haven't had a "chance" to miss it yet. Long term this will probably be the car I tell everyone about when I say "I used to own a X once". Will probably miss it the most in the end.

But since you asked about my feelings as of now, it would be the 328 due to pure nostalgia. Long term will probably be the Diablo.

15. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf

Yup, I agree. Just like the Porsche Speedster...used to be the bargain, budget model to get. That is the normal way things work in the collector car world. Of course there are exceptions, but the norm is that earliest, purest, rawest = most valuable eventually, warts and all.

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #92 joe sackey, Mar 26, 2015
    No affiliation and I don't know this car, but I get their mailers all the time:

$269,500 - 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster. MotorCars International has a long running of being the nation's premier source of the finest Lamborghini Diablos available. Our latest piece is a welcomed back edition and a very prime example. This is a late 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster in Red over a Tan Italian Leather interior with Red piping and the optional rear wing. This Roadster has been very well cared for over the course of its 13,819 miles and runs and drives fantastic! That works out to less than 800 miles per year. If you are looking to own one of just under 200 Diablo Roadsters ever brought to North America, your search has ended. There is no reason to miss this fantastic find! You'll have to act quickly to be the first to secure this magnificent 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster for yourself. Complete with books, pouch, 2 keys, remote, tools and cover. Centrally located in Springfield, Missouri since 1979, we have led the industry in selling and transporting exotic cars long distance. Allow me to also help arrange Enclosed Transportation of your new car directly to your home. Financing and Leasing is also available. To trade your car or to purchase this car for yourself, simply call or email me today. [email protected] 417.773.8790

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    That's a great deal on the Diablo Roadster, bet it wont last long.

The EXTRA about the Diablo cars is that they can be driven and enjoyed more then the earlier cars IMO, not to mention they still have a lot of upside left in them for value increase, where I think the Miuras and Countach cars don't have the room to accelerate in value as the Diablo does.

18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yep, I drive my VT Roadster as a total daily driver. It's a very reliable car and while computerized, it's not so bad that you can't work on it yourself. You can still diagnose issues with simple scan and multimeter tools.
    I find one of the great pleasures in ownership of an exotic is the ability to work on it. Unfortunately this is almost impossible with the later models

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That is awesome to hear! I have more clients asking me to find them Diablos, so I'll have to add them to my Miura & Countach repertoire.

20. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Few years I was not that keen on Diablo, I saw Countach as ultimate car and Diablo more as modern car, that is nice, but not like "old days" nice.
    First I thought Diablo as "investment" or nice car to drive longer trips instead my Countach, so I bought one.
    But now that I have open car up here and there, let car and it's lines, construction, get in and now I understand how similar it is for Countach, how hand made car actually is. Diablo has many parts that are made to look like cars that people are used to with other mas produced sportscars with plastic molding machine products... In Diablo case those parts are actually hand made and made to look like plastic molding products.

And after all Diablo is one of worlds fastest production car and compared to other supercars in that same era it has all right things and even more in some cases. Stuning car, that age well and as well known in general public as Testarossa or Countach.

Now I can not imagine to sell my diablo, this one is keeper.

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Best news I've heard in quite awhile, will definately reach out to you when the time is right.

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'll be happy to help.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #99 joe sackey, Mar 27, 2015
  24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    You should sell your Roadster now and with the profit move up to a 6.0 or SE30...