Ordering New 360 key | FerrariChat

Ordering New 360 key

Discussion in 'Australia' started by knocker, Aug 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #1 knocker, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Hi all just thought I would share my experience with main dealer ordering a spare key for the 360 spider �� Well, First I spoke to the parts dept he was cool ,$200 for key orderd from Italy plus bit extra for cutting what have you, Ok great ! I can wear that,ofcourse I have to bring the car in on Thursday morning plus papers ID and stat dec alowing Ferrari to order a new key on my behalf��(I love driving an F1 around town)Then I have to tee this up with the service guy,He politely suggests I leave the car there for around 3,1/2 hours(at Ferrari service rates$$) so they can take photos of car and log paperwork ect�� .We wittled it down to an hour but I'm hoping 30 minutes �� To be continued..

2. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    $200 for a Ferrari key!!
    Try ordering one for a Fiat 500,
    I was quoted between $500-600..

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Can't see anything wrong so far…??

4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #4 mello, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I didn't bother going to the dealer to order a spare key. I just get a blank from eBay, head out to the nearest locksmith and have them cut it. Cost me less than $10 USD total.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #5 knocker, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Yep very tempted all I really want is the set keys alarm fobs as bought new with the car,just bit of an eye opener how involved it is not to mention fluctuations in suggested cost ,all part of the experience but hopefully only do it once and get spare off eBay cheers for the tip and photo Mello ,no locksmiths around my way have the key blanks(yep I hear you on the Fiat key,morice70�� And yep so far so good Rosey,I found cool packs for the 360 cheaper than our little Honda jazz��

6. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    If you already have an alarm fob, you can get others cloned. Plenty of info on this site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    #7 MAD828, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You will be disappointed when you receive your new keys. That is if you are after an exact OEM supplied 360 key.

They are not the original alloy ones but a reproduced Enzo style key painted silver. May as well order off eBay and have it cut without all this paperwork and run around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have the equipments and skill to clone a FOB. But if you only have one FOB, it's risky to send it to a stranger. Just my personal opinion.

9. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #9 knocker, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Cheers For the heads up Mad828 that's really disappointing to hear you'd think they'd have a draw full of crisp new alloy head blanks knocking around somewhere in Modena I will double check but if that's defiantly the case an enzo copy it is,bit boring and thanks Mello I have now got all my Alarm fobs but am also chasing the leather fob cover in matching "blu scuro" yep cringe all you will but I'm in the process of buying one from schedoni Of Italy ,ahhhh I laughed when he said we make them in matching colour to you interior �� I'm so green hilarious well thanks again for all advice and chat Once again you guys have educated me and probably saved me time and money many thanks
    Knocker��