OZ/Enkei 18" wheel spec | FerrariChat

OZ/Enkei 18" wheel spec

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by fbrs2, Jun 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    I want a spare set of wheels and considering the rarity/cost/age of genuine OZ or Enkei I'm thinking about alternatives. Before I make the leap though does anyone happen to know the weight and offsets of the 18"x13 and 18"x11.25 OZ's? (Car has LM suspension and wide body)

Thanks

2. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    #2 EMILIO, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Such beautiful wheels.

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    TKS

it is a full set of these

i had the 17" magnesium too. sold to a racing F40 owner few months ago

5. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    #5 fbrs2, Aug 17, 2017
    Well... I finally found a 'set' of new OZ's at a certain supplier in Padova... 11.5x18" ET10.5 Fronts, 13x18" ET 18.6 Rears :D Perfect or so I thought.

Unfortunately invoice paid, the attached turned up and supplier is now non communicative for 2 months. I'm thinking the sharper edged wheel on the left which is a front is correct and the rounded edge rear is, well I don't know. What I can't find anywhere is a really clear image of a 'correct' front and rear from a period car. For all I know ''they're all like that Sir'' and I can't tell from the numerous pics of Tim's recently restored car if his are the same. When they are side by side it's obvious but apart not so much. I wondered if back in the day for the sake of expediency for so few cars they just chucked similar looking wheels on?

Given the wealth of knowledge here I thought I'd check if anyone had any thoughts?

Cheers,
    Francis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #6 Traveller, Aug 17, 2017
    There's no question the front square edge is probably the more traditional LM version. As you will see from the attached here is another LM with the slightly curved spoke so that's also correct, just less common. What cannot be right is one of each!

7. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    Easy enough to have a machine shop add the radius to the edge of the spokes to make the wheels appear to match. Very difficult to obtain a matching set given that the suspensions on the two cars are different. You are very lucky to have those wheels anyway. The picture from the previous poster shows what you usually get, different front and rear wheel styles. Mount tires and fit the wheels before you pay for machining. But another set if possible. Almost impossible to replace if damaged. Nice wheels!!

8. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Right one is correct

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #9 Traveller, Aug 18, 2017
    I don't know. There seem to be many versions now that we are looking in detail.

Attached is my car detail, lower pic, the rims coming from CM and also another LM, and on reflection maybe the left hand rim on your pic looks a little too flat, but these are both different to yours.

10. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Appreciate your input as always Tim. The next time you're reunited with yours can I trouble you to take a close up of both front and rear? I think you could be right and there are a number of similar looking versions which back in the day no one really cared about because they were just race cars. At this point I'm thinking I'll just get some BBS made up to get me on track asap.

11. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    #11 fbrs2, Aug 24, 2017
    Trawling through a few youtube vids and it seems that Tims car does indeed have the sharper edged wheel front and back as expected.
    https://youtu.be/ABaBWWPETXY?t=57

But then I came across this (I think genuine) LM which appears to have a sharp front and rounded rear like my ''set''.
    https://youtu.be/LZ1VHFH50G0?t=371

Finally I noticed the Enkeis are definitely the rounded style, front and back. (AIUI OZ made the wheels for Enkei)
    https://youtu.be/BlwHtZ3Qw2w?t=145

So there we have it, clear as mud. At least the vids are nice to watch.

12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I have seen lots of pics of all sorts of mismatch combinations when they raced in period, the tyre technicians would just grab and boot up whatever was at hand.

Tims car never raced in period on those rims, they were added new as part of the resto so will be a matched set as a result.

13. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    Unfortunately I got mine from the same place and they clearly don't match!