Pantera Appreciation thread | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Pantera Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bounty, Mar 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    Awesome to see John, looks great ....hope your bringing it to the Euro car show at Stanley park, I'd love to see it in person!

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Where are prices today for a GT5S ?

Any appreciation potential for a GT5S ?

3. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    #304 lashss, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    One recently sold for $75k. It needed a lot of rust repair and paint. It also lacked the original factory wheels.

A nice original one would be $100-120k?

As far as appreciation potential, nice ones were $70k two years ago. They are on a charge up like the earlier cars.

LS

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Let's revive this interesting thread.

How much do you guys think a decent driver 82 GT5 with about 40,000 kms is worth ? I got an opportunity to get one in europe.

5. Mark Charlton

Mark Charlton Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Ottawa, ON
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The last few GT5s I have seen on the market in the past were in the $60K range. Usually missing the original wheels unfortunately. There was a black 84 that sold in Ontario recently (after two+ years on the market) for somewhere below the $85K asking. Another (red 83) was offered (frequently over the last year or so) at $60K. I do not know if it sold.

It seems the market in Europe is much higher so finding one there at a great price is a lucky find. Typically a GT5-S is more valuable and desirable than a GT5.

Good luck.

Mark

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I see Gas Monkey has a Pantera - didn't see the Fast N' Loud episode, what was the story on it?

7. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    what I don't like about the GT5S is the tamer looked and the stripes for the rear brake cooling. Just like the Countach 25th and the 512 T, the stripes destroy the purity of the lines IMO.

8. Orange one? If so they bought it for 17k. It is on ebay right now. It does have some serious rust issues in the frame rails.

9. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    It's almost at $24K on eBay...winner gets to appear on the show (if that's true, but that would be cool).

Seems like a lot of money for a rusty one, but then these have been going up and the Gas Monkey cachet will bump it a bit.

10. #311 EarlyCat, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Auction was closed early. On another note, I found a 9000 mile near mint Pantera with the original tires still on it. Unbelievable shape. Original paint etc. I couldn't believe the condition, the nicest shape Pantera I have ever seen. No, it's not for sale.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Wow I would love to own that!!

12. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    That black one was missing the original wheels and was a color change from white also. The seller wouldn't take anything less than $80k when I contacted him last year. I wonder what the selling price was?

While in well sorted mechanical condition, the last white GT5-S that sold over the summer needed a lot of bodywork and paint. Also, it was missing the original wheels and sold for $75k.

LS

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yours? Some nice cars there! I see a '61 / '62 Corvette and a S2 E-Type OTS? :)

14. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Any Pantera owners seeking factory wheelsets, I just listed two really nice sets I have been hoarding forever. Apologies for 'peddling' assets, but these are complete and in excellent condition, so I wanted ya'll to know about them. On eBay if you are interested...go find em :D

15. #316 EarlyCat, Sep 18, 2013
    They are nice. They belong to a neighbor. He has quite a collection of cars including several xk120's, Viper, Prowler, and a 57T Bird.

16. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I spy a 928s4 and a Cadillac Allante.

17. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    How can you tell thas an S4? I cant really see any clues. Can you see bit of rear wing or something?

18. Yep. S4 and a Cadillac Allante. Good observations!

19. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    According to the POCA email forum Jay Leno recently bought a Pantera. It was the one at Russo and Steele Monterey that didn't sell there, black pre-L with chrome L rear bumper.

20. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    #321 DenisC, Sep 20, 2013
    Hey Jay finally has a car to match his Family tree : A mix of Italian Body work and American Muscle

21. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
  22. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Awesome! I've always thought a Pantera fit Leno's taste. Now to see how long he keeps it, and what he does with it.

23. Pantera1889

Pantera1889 Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Maryland
    Here's a short video of my Pantera from a drive we did last week that someone posted .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ydP9MIXKY]Stunning De Tomaso GT5 - YouTube[/ame]

Ron

24. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Looks great! Brand new tires, huh?