Peter Straub injured in a huge car crash. | FerrariChat

Peter Straub injured in a huge car crash.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Aug 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Maserati Club Switzerland President and big Maserati enthusiast Peter Straub and his charming wife Madeleine both suffered severe injuries in a major car crash in Switzerland last Saturday, driving in their great green Indy.
    Both are taken in hospital and had surgeries.

Let`s wish them all the very Best and a speedy recovery!

The Indy is gone...

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #2 Nembo1777, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Oh no....Godspeed to Peter and Madeleine, we just had a drink a few weeks ago June 20 in Zurich.
    He drove very carefully so I doubt what happened was his fault, I hope they make a full and speedy recovery.
    I just spoke to his secretary and they are going to be ok, I will let you know of what Peter allows as public info.

Best regards,

Marc

PS: I have heard from Peter they are facing an arduous path to full recovery but they are in the best possible medical care and are very resilient people so best wishes to both.

3. Johnny Prezemullo

Apr 24, 2006
  4. awohlmann

awohlmann Karting

Jul 6, 2008
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Alfred Wohlmann
    Sorry to hear about this tragedy.
    I hope for a speed recovery for Peter and his wife.
    All the best.
    Alfred

5. AM1220552

AM1220552 Karting

May 25, 2012
    That's aweful, thank God they survived it.

Wishing for a speedy recovery for them both.

Kind regards

Kim

6. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Luckily no fatalities. I hope all involved will recover well and quickly.

Best,
    Gabriel

P.S. The policeman interviewed in the report stated that Straub, the driver of the Maserati, had no fault in the incident; "Dabei kollidierte sie mit einem korrekt fahrenden Oldtimer-Maserati. "

7. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Glad to hear Peter and his wife are in good medical hands. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Ivan

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #8 TheMayor, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OMG that's terrible.

Let's hope for a full and quick recovery.

Here is the translation:

On Saturday morning at 9 am on the main road between Aristau AG and Ottenbach ZH a serious traffic accident occurred.

The driver of a Mitsubishi Colt overlooked a braking maneuver of a leading car, which wanted to bow to the left into the Erlenhof. In order to avoid a collision, she turned to the opposite track. At the same time, she collided with a correctly driving old-timer Maserati. A third vehicle, a silver Peugeot , was able to brake just in time.

The accident caused serious injuries and had to be flown with the rescue helper to the hospital.

The driver of the Maserati and his passenger were slightly injured. They were carefully taken to the hospital with ambulances. As several people were trapped in the vehicles, the fire brigade had to be deployed.

There is currently no information on the cause of the accident. Both the Maserati and Mitsubishi suffered total damage . (pin / gr)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Wow. I would never want to get in a head on collision in a vintage car. I wish them the best of luck in recovery.

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    this is too bad, and i wish them a speedy recovery.

the picture does not give me any confidence in the accident survival level of my vintage cars......

11. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well I wouldn't want to be in one for something as violent as this but in just looking at that Indy it seems the passenger compartment fared pretty well. The front absorbed most of the impact. I wonder if it was was a side impact on the front or what? Speedy recoveries to all.

To bad about about the nice Indy.

12. TridenteFury

TridenteFury Karting

Sep 28, 2014
    Wishing Peter and Madeleine lots of courage, strength for a total and quick recovery... Best Wishes!!!

This happened in the Canton Aargau, depicted with the letters "AG" on their license plates, as is the case with the at fault driver .
    The saying goes "AG" stands for "Achtung Gefahr" (Caution Danger) to describe, for some unknown reason, the notoriety of its inhabitant poor driving skills, no reckless driving but rather frequently creating dangerous traffic situation. Mostly Unfortunate, this is a prime example...

13. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Yes AG is notorious for poor driving, being mainly a rural area,,,,and seem there is an epidemic in Switzerland with historic Maserati, remember the 2013 crash of a Ghibli near Luzern, which also totalled the car.
    May be a Lambo LM002 is The classic car to drive there!

14. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Terrible news. I hope Peter and Mrs. recover quickly and completely.
    Too bad about the car.

PS: Walter, nice to see that you're still hanging around here.