Portofino Launch and picture thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Portofino Launch and picture thread

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Traveller, Sep 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    [​IMG]

F40org likes this.
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tim you asked how the pictures post better like before and because your latest ones showed like small icons in order to help I opened them, copied and paste tem in a new post. To my great surprise all your pictures that showed before like small icons now appear in big size. I don't know what happened and I'm sorry about all this confusion.

3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks Tim (and Mario) for the pics and info.

How tall are you Tim? I would like occasional use in the rear for my son who is 5ft 6 now, but will be a few inches taller by the time i'd get the car. :)

My contact was there and i just had a 20 minute conversation with him. He personally was not a Cali fan but says the Portofino is stunning in the flesh and thinks i'll love it from every angle. He especially likes the way the roof joins the rear of the car and says the design is so much more cohesive than the 812.

He told me the car you mentioned was Grigio Titanio, there was apparently not a Ferro car there. He said the car looked best in the new Rosso Portfofino and he is not a red fan either (he loves Ferro/Silverstone but also says grey is not for this car). The Rosso had incredible depth and looked good even in low light which is one of the things i don't like about most reds.

Most interestingly, on the topic that would be my deal breaker, he said the car sounded great, better than a 488 (at least at low rpm), apparently due to the fact that not all engine exhaust goes straight to the turbo, some of it goes straight to exhaust hence a semi NA sound. Not sure how accurate that is or how it compares to the 488 at low rpm but i cant wait to hear it for myself.

I'll be at the factory at the end of next week and hope to see a car or two there and get some pics to post. :D

of2worlds likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Did I read this correctly, you are now willing to give up valuable garage space for a modern turbo (notice I said modern not old) V-8 model? I clearly remember you saying after the 12 cylinders there is no going back or words to that effect...

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yes indeed, it was called GT, but having owned GT, it wasn't, it had no blue in it at all so maybe a new GT? I'm 6ft 2 so a big ask for the rear seats. I would imagine if he doesn't fit in the existing Cali T rears, by the time you actually take delivery of your RF Portofino, he certainly won't fit in them then!

On sound, very non turbo sound when revved, sounded very close to N/A and apparently now claiming ZERO turbo lag.

6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Many thanks, I think I finally figured it out. Not sure I like the new site, the old worked just fine so if it ain't broke.......

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Thanks for the pictures ! Any word on pricing? And didn’t Marcel allude to a second version ? Or body type? Any whispers of this version/variation?

Looks like a nice night. Thank you for sharing.

ScottS

8. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thanks to all who posted pictures. Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh.

9. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Yikes. Need to see it in person, yet this design might be worse than the Lusso. Not pretty. Le Camaro. Keeping the 911 GTS cab I guess. Maybe a Cali T HS.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I like it with the roof up..with the roof down, it made me think of a Camaro Convertible...

Attached Files:

11. Risktaker

Risktaker Karting

Feb 15, 2014
    There are some great photos of the new Portofino on AUTOGESPOT. Sorry I do not know how to post the photos from my phone maybe someone else can do it.

12. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am still struggling a little on this, the front end is becoming a Ferrari generic design, and that is not Ferrari, they are going down an Aston route where they all look the same. The rear is better resolved than the 812 , but there are just so many angles going on here. I actually liked the Cali T, interior was very dated but the lines worked well for me. I can see the lineage from the Cali T as it has the same basic layout , and I am sure when I see it on the road in true lighting, it will still look great, but I don't find myself saying "That is stunning" more " yeah ok it's not bad" . I would have liked this car to have been more about the looks than outright performance.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. pitonisheee

pitonisheee Karting

Jan 3, 2017
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Hetmanski
    inox, Caeruleus11, Maggio23 and 2 others like this.
  14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree on the front profiles, they are all becoming a little generic but the side profile, roof up, is great, not stunning, but great and a big improvement as is the rear. I also agree that this could have been the model to max the aesthetics but as a compromise between improved performance and looks, it's a very good job.

15. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    I like it, although not in that silver, the front end seems a little F12ish to me, also a bit shorter than the T, i'm surprised the speed is so close to the T should have rivaled the 458 imo,,

16. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Wow the car is perfect in that aluminio opaco color

17. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Its a beauty but I gotta say that the interior stitching is just lacking compared to my car, cost cutting? The same will be for our incoming Lusso (compared to our FF) but its starting to really show. Just compare my door panel to the above.

Attached Files:

deltona, 635CSI and of2worlds like this.
  18. kevinof

kevinof Rookie

Jul 26, 2015
    Love the back, like the sides (bit more sculpted and "macho"). Front is good but I also liked the front of the Cal T as well and would have been happy it they had kept that.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Can't believe I'm going to say this but the Lusso may be the best looking currently produced Ferrari. 488 also looks very good except for the attrocious door handles. The 812 is an epic styling mess. This looks just ok.

What is happening to Ferrari!!!

20. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Yikes, I guess I don't know what the Camaro looks like. From what I remember of the Camaro looks, I didn't think there is any similarity. Guess I will have to swing past a chevy dealer and ask to see the new Portofino.

21. chbit63

chbit63 Karting

Feb 11, 2013

Finally she enters...

f149 likes this.
  22. chbit63

chbit63 Karting

Feb 11, 2013
    Some info from the Portofino presentation.

Attached Files:

inox, Maggio23, Jurassik and 3 others like this.
  23. chbit63

chbit63 Karting

Feb 11, 2013
    More info...

Attached Files:

inox, Maggio23, ingegnere and 2 others like this.
  24. chbit63

chbit63 Karting

Feb 11, 2013
    More info...

Attached Files:

25. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Diamond-cut wheels look really cheap.