Project Cars 2 | FerrariChat

Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'Technology' started by piratepress, Feb 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looks good but I fear much of Pc1. Looks great, driving realism pretty damn good but some annoying things that make the game nigh on unplayable:

-Monaco hairpin? Forget it. Formula cars and other racing cars simply don't get around it. Should've been fixed in patch one, but still wasn't fixed a year on
    -AI. So much potential with their claims of intelligent AI, but for Open Wheel cars it's terrible. Same ''mindset'' for OW cars as they programmed in for tin tops.
    -no mixing classes that YOU want. Can't create LMP field with GTE type cars. Lame. And easily fixed :rolleyes:
    -No custom championships. Really? Something that can be programmed in in someones lunch hour.
    -Some tracks are terribly inaccurate. Suzuka, one of the worlds greatest tracks...F1 world championship for the Nintendo 64 did a FAR better job replicating it! The corners arrive at the wrong place FFS. Why is it even in the game?

And last but not least: Their development team are woefully arrogant. Come to them with constructive criticisms and they and their blind hangers on will berate you before banning you. Massively off putting that people ''higher up'' are that bloody arrogant. In fact I concluded that for PC2 I'd download it first before purchasing to see if they've actually fixed the game, rather than take my money, promise fixes that will never come and announce PC3 a month after release.

I tried with this game, I really did. I've got a decent amount of hours on it. I'm still in the top 5 of fastest laps ever at Monaco with the Formula B, and last time I checked each and every single guy that got ahead of me quite simply cheated.

Things I liked? Their weather system. Some improvement needed of course by how a dry line forms (the transformation really was sudden which was a shame). I loved that you could add AI in an online race, which is why I'm so pissed that the AI was so messed up. A huge field of cars is 10x better than a field of 6.

3. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.