Reaction to new fchat | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Reaction to new fchat

Discussion in 'Australia' started by IanB, Sep 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The "old" version is certainly nicer to look at and use, but it has the same problems as the new version.

As with most things these days, the "improvement" is all about the advertisers, and the actual users can just suck it up.

How do I get my money back? I'll just visit from time to time and ignore the advertisers.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Aircon! How are you. Nice to see you out here! Cheers, DF1 - David

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol wtf was that about?

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok..... That was a very weird censor. What the f? Hahaha

5. I16

I16 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2008
    [QUOTE As with most things these days, the "improvement" is all about the advertisers, and the actual users can just suck it up.
    .[/QUOTE]
    Well I bought two hats and although I won't know of they fit until I get them am sure that Rob will be happy with extra dollars in the pot.

6. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    All of you guys that are bitching abut the ads or using ad blockers ought to consider a couple things.... for many of us, this is probably our favorite website - I know that I, for example, spend more time here than any other site. Some sites have ****loads more ads than this one does, and yes they can be annoying when loading up & slowing things down on some sites, but that really isn't the case here, but if this is your favorite website, at least consider whitelisting it on your ad blocker so the sponsors can get the impressions they paid for... it costs money to do this & you gotta pay the bills somehow. What's it gonna hurt you to do so?

Personally, I don't care about the banners & display ads at all, but I just wish I could find a video blocker that would stop the auto-play videos on Foxnews & CNN... I HATE those.... I just want to read the ****ing story.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  8. goose22b

goose22b Rookie

Aug 11, 2017
    Prosper, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I like the overall new layout.

Not a huge fan of the photo attachments. If you host on 3rd party all the links will be broken in a couple years. Makes it much harder for repair threads, info sharing, etc.

9. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Looks great, love the new design. People have a tendency to post reactions when it's a complaint a lot more often than a positive. Keep up the good work.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Im normally in the F1 area. Hope you are well!

11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thanks for the info. Better on old style. Cheers

12. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Love the new look. Very fresh and still easy to navagate. Nice work.

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Furthermore I am 53, not 15 and frankly don't really need a (Trophy) Points for Prizes scheme. We are not teenagers

wax likes this.
  14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    TapaTalk will be dealt with later. Other sites I'm on that transitioned from v-Bulletin to Xenforo have taken same approach. As I use TapaTalk too, I'm also waiting.

For now, Growing Pains on desktop/standard mobile are priority and are being dealt with by Admin.

All things considered, this changeover on our "consumer" end is actually smoother than the transition was *to* v-Bulletin.

Aircon likes this.
  15. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    The transition did appear to go ok , what the size of the database ?

BTW how are you going old chap ? :)

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Geez what a bunch of whiners. ;) I don't think it looks too bad. Then again I haven't been seeing the ads everyone else is talking about. Not on IEsomething at work or on Firefox at home.

I will admit I'm not a huge fan of the circle avatars in the new style, makes me have to read the name to see if I want to pay attention to what that person is saying or not. Was used to recognizing folks from their avatar photo. :D Yesterday I was seeing big gaps horizontally between posts but that seems to be gone today. Maybe that was a remnant of the ad issue?

In IE at work I'm seeing a distortion around user name, titles, post count and such. They kind of overlap for some reason.

Change is hard for a lot of people but I kind of like a change of scenery now and then. Everyone will get used to it pretty quickly!!

I wasn't a fan of the "new posts and my profile" stuff in the righ margin but I see it's now at the bottom of the page. Right margin might have been ok if they were a bit narrower.

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Snap!

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Well . . . Just had first weekend off since October of last year. Even that almost got preempted by weasels. I'll sleep when I'm dead, but I ought to rest once in a great while. Don't want to become a useless whinger.

As far as FC - No time to be part of pre-testing for site like last changeover. Rollouts never imitate perfetto tests, anyway . . .

Example:
    Test:
    "This espresso is delicious and needs nothing but you to share it with."

Rollout:
    'Cheerios are one thing, but c'mon - Who pissed in my coffee?'

-

Beyond that, as right as rain . . .

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

this is a disappointment for me. I was just getting by on the old site;( I am sure I will grow to like it but for the moment, I hate it:((

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Only in the Aussie thread would the realisation the profanity blocker doesn't work cause every user to simultaneously try to fill in for the swear words they haven't been able to use for years! Hehehehehehehe. You naughty lot, no wonder your grandparents were on those prison ships years ago, bloody criminals the lot of em! :)

21. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Grandfather on my dad's side was a doll maker but somehow he had heaps of money after the war ..... I think he may have had some southern Italian in him but I was assured by my dad he was no criminal :p

daytona355 likes this.
  22. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed

daytona355 likes this.
  23. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Agreed.

Are you sure? See post 38 onwards, above :)

wax likes this.
  24. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    If this is true, then I'm with you on this. Surely there must be a way of uploading images directly to this forum? If not, this is a serious retrograde step.

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yes there is