Rear camera on 488 | FerrariChat

Rear camera on 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by agrun, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Does anyone else share this complaint? The rear camera sits so low on the car that it distorts the image and does not provide sufficient perspective of what is behind you or what is coming up and is therefore of very limited usefulness. It feels like an "ant-cam", siting only a few inches off the ground. They really need to move it higher up on the car to provide the driver with better rear facing perspective. I realize that may make the car slightly less beautiful but it's a safety issue and should be done accordingly.

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Agreed...terrible placement.

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Don't seem to have this problem on my 458 spider.

Our Audi backup cameras show the path the car will take when you turn the steering wheel. Does the 488 have this feature?

4. BigM2015

BigM2015 Rookie

Mar 26, 2015
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Totally agree, but getting used to it after 1,200 miles

5. 488mct

488mct Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Oman
    Agreed and to add to it the screen placement, cant see much when turning the steering wheel and trying to get perspective with the super low vision of the backup camera. I guess they solved it by adding those huge screens in newer models. In my opinion the screens are too big and will look dated over time. I prefer the aesthetics of the interior of the 488, timeless classic looks.

6. misha

misha Karting

Sep 13, 2017
    The rear camera is definitely too low, I love how it's either low or literally on the ground, I find it very difficult to place the car with it and end up using the mirrors, but I want a camera so that I can ideally see things the mirrors won't show me haha.

7. geochin

geochin Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    George
    There is a button on the right that allows you change angle of the lens on 488.

8. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Equally worthless

9. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Problem is backing up while turning the steering wheel... at many points the wheel completely backs your display due to poor placement... not sure what the folks at Italy were thinking about this one.

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Did you speak about it to FNA ?

Otherwise the F factory will never act ...